Redevelopment

Shearergol

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

£300m?

Solid oak turnstiles for that sort of cash, Sir Bobby would be delighted.

Walton's joined the board to oversee a development around the stadium area, not sure what the plan is though.

Brilliant!

£300 million for us to keep up with the likes of Arsenal/Man U/Liverpool on the stadium front (and let Freddy sit there at the top table smiling outwardly about the fact he's the chairman of a big club) yet with nowt to back it up in the trophy room.

Belated April Fool?

New corporate facilities, hotel and ground expansion. Fred says it's to keep us one of the top clubs in Europe. Not on the pitch Freddie!

Precisely my thoughts. Apologies for the (effective) double post.

This serious?!

Fucks sake, wheres £300m come from? Absolutely no point having an amazing ground/facilities when you have to watch wankers like Stephen Carr every week.

Expect ticket prices to go up aswell then....

Actually:

The Number 1 St James' Park project, as it has been described by the club, will be funded completely independently of the football club's revenues.

That just tells me we havent got the money (ie £300 million) lying about in the bank. Doesn't necessarily mean we won't end up paying for it in some way though.

Actually:

The Number 1 St James' Park project, as it has been described by the club, will be funded completely independently of the football club's revenues.

That just tells me we havent got the money (ie £300 million) lying about in the bank. Doesn't necessarily mean we won't end up paying for it in some way though.

Aye :o A massive loan is going to fund it. ;)

Fuck me, what a disgrace.

Seriously man, what's the point? I'm sure Shepherd lives is some kind of alternate universe where we STILL sell out every game, where all geordies are superior beings and where being fat, bald and ginger is buddha-esque.

What an arse.

Extending the Gallowgate I see. The East Stand is going to look utter shit in a few years. :o

Aye. Seriously it'll look stupid.

Plus that article reads like Freddy's started to see himself as some sort of civic visionary. Fuck right off! Speaking again as a bit of an outsider-I wouldn't trust that fat twat with redesigning my city-have you seen the state of Shearers Bar ffs?! The fat dickhead has zero class.

Don't understand the negativity around this. As a seperate venture, the risk to the club is minimised. There's a lack of quality facilities in the city. With better hotels and conference centres it will become more attractive for companies to arrange events, espcially as they are usually followed by alcohol-fuelled carnage in the evening.

As for extending the Gallowgate, it makes sense. Not because we'll fill it because we won't, but it will be the only chance we get once there is a large development sat behind it. While I'm not optimistic for the near future, I still think we might be half-decent again one day.

Actually is there a chance this could just be the PR department at the club trying to create what they think is some good news around the area, at a time when the club is getting some amount of stick off both the media and the supporters?