Lay off Parker urges Barton

Scottish Mag

Bottled it the other night at the Talk in like. Fair enough, his wife had had a baby the day before but you would have thought he could spend 30 minutes out his schedule. Bet you he would if we were winning.

I bet he would if we were losing but he wasn't being treated like shit. Why should he take time out to deal with people who abuse him roundly when he's clearly giving as much effort as possible? I wouldn't. I'd stick two fingers up at the lot of them.

I wouldnt care if we were top of the league tbh, if i were parker id want to spend the first proper day with my baby and wife, regardless of what i was meant to be doing that night.

Aye, players miss games for the birth of their child so I think I can let Parker off for dodging a talk-in tbf.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a lot of you are being unfair to Parker and I believe it is mostly because the team as a whole are are performing badly and someone always has to be subjected to the ire of the fans and at the moment it happens to be Parker.

Personally I think he is a good player playing on a bad team and perhaps he is trying too hard and because of that his performence suffers. If we were winning the games against teams we should be beating I think Parker wouldn't be getting slagged as much as he is.

I hope he is with us next season and if the structure and performence of the team is enhanced by the influx of new players and possibly a better manager I think Parker will shine. He has the talent, he is a 90 minute player, and has the aggression I admire in any player.

If we want to get anywhere as a club then we should only be playing an "Anchorman" in midfield in a 4-4-2 formation for maybe a dozen games a season, the rest of the time it's just a negative tactic that holds us back against teams we should be destroying.

Burgandy.jpeg

Guest Patrokles

he's clearly giving as much effort as possible?

The use of the word 'clearly' from you seems a bit presumptious. Would 'apparently' or 'reportedly' not suit your knowledge of the matter better?

:o

Dunno what you're talking about. I was using your statistics. :o

he's clearly giving as much effort as possible?

The use of the word 'clearly' from you seems a bit presumptious. Would 'apparently' or 'reportedly' not suit your knowledge of the matter better?

:lol:

Dunno what you're talking about. I was using your statistics. :razz:

There's the word you're after then, 'statistically'. :)

Statistically though, Gemmill & Alex must be productive members of Staff.

Edited by Happy Face

The stick Parker is getting ridiculous tbh. He gets the ball and there's no pass on so he turns to find a man (and actually manages to find his man more than 90% of the team) and people are up in arms. If Martins had done that on Saturday he might not have lost the ball leading to them scoring!

Parker was our best player last season playing as an anchor man but that fuckwit Roeder in all his genius decided to play him as our attacking midfielder this season and it's something he can't do no matter how much effort he puts in.

He shouldn't be playing now because Butt is playing better and you can't play the two of them (especially at home to teams like fucking citeh) but for my money he's probably our best midfielder if he was used correctly.

If we want to get anywhere as a club then we should only be playing an "Anchorman" in midfield in a 4-4-2 formation for maybe a dozen games a season, the rest of the time it's just a negative tactic that holds us back against teams we should be destroying.

I disagree, we were all crying out for an achorman when we played with a midfield of Nobby, Robert, Speed & Dyer (our best midfield since Keegan).

The amount of times our defence got left exposed by having six players in front of them all looking to score was unreal.

Manre won everything going playing with Ince or Keane in a holding role and it's a position filled and virtually every sucessull club on the planet. CM at Chelski is one of their most important players!

Anyone remember when we signed Barton btw? SuperMouth was in the Chronicle saying we'd signed (along with Dino Baggio) the best right-sided player in Europe. Whoops!

The stick Parker is getting ridiculous tbh. He gets the ball and there's no pass on so he turns to find a man (and actually manages to find his man more than 90% of the team) and people are up in arms. If Martins had done that on Saturday he might not have lost the ball leading to them scoring!

Parker was our best player last season playing as an anchor man but that fuckwit Roeder in all his genius decided to play him as our attacking midfielder this season and it's something he can't do no matter how much effort he puts in.

He shouldn't be playing now because Butt is playing better and you can't play the two of them (especially at home to teams like fucking citeh) but for my money he's probably our best midfielder if he was used correctly.

I disagree, we were all crying out for an achorman when we played with a midfield of Nobby, Robert, Speed & Dyer (our best midfield since Keegan).

The amount of times our defence got left exposed by having six players in front of them all looking to score was unreal.

Manre won everything going playing with Ince or Keane in a holding role and it's a position filled and virtually every sucessull club on the planet. CM at Chelski is one of their most important players!

Exactly. As I have said in the thread about Speed, I thought that replacing the Welshman with Butt, a genuine defensive midfielder who would provide cover for the attacking minded players and be the missing link to success.

Edited by Isegrim

Agreed. Although Acuna should have been used more for certain games during that era.

Agreed. Although Acuna should have been used more for certain games during that era.

Acuna/McSantaClen in the cup against Arsenal was the best performance of a Newcastle midfield pairing in the last decade... :lol:

Acuna/McSantaClen in the cup against Arsenal was the best performance of a Newcastle midfield pairing in the last decade... :lol:

I was gutted we ended up losing that tie. I was sure if we won that we'd have went on to win the cup.

I thought Acuna was a cracking little player, although he did look a little bit too much like The Boy David.

I thought Acuna was a cracking little player, although he did look a little bit too much like The Boy David.

Aye, he did, and he had a girly name too. I liked him as well though. Did anyone not?

Aye, he did, and he had a girly name too. I liked him as well though. Did anyone not?

Robson :lol:

Clarence Acuna was the complete double of my mate's older sister. She was an absolute rotter. :icon_lol:

She's not called Emma by any chance is she?

:icon_lol: No, Helen she's called.

As if theres two lookalikes, must be the Teesside smog!