Sam - a view

Craig

I think if Sam was here for a few years, he'd sort a lot of the shit out. Training, scouting, fitness-basically all of the shit that the club at the minute seems to lack.

When Roeder commented recently about us only having 1 full time scout, I was embaressed. What a fucking sham. That's down to us bringing in new managers every other year, then sacking them and their backroom staff.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think if Sam was here for a few years, he'd sort a lot of the shit out. Training, scouting, fitness-basically all of the shit that the club at the minute seems to lack.

When Roeder commented recently about us only having 1 full time scout, I was embaressed. What a fucking sham. That's down to us bringing in new managers every other year, then sacking them and their backroom staff.

So let's do it again?

Aye that's true, but it goes back to getting the length of time and financial support to build the off field stuff.

I don't know that he could get us into regular champions league contention though, as it's a different thing to what he did at Bolton (I think maybe he realised that too).

Allerdyce is kinda the head choice if Roeder goes, to sort out the club if not set the league on fire.

Someone like Klinsman might be more a heart choice, who (assuming we could get him) maybe could set the league on fire, but equally I guess could just end up doing a Gullit.

Guest alex

I don't see how people wanting Shepherd to replace Roeder with someone available, better and (in my eyes) just what the club needs at the moment is astounding.

The clamour is for Roeder to be sacked isn't it. The hope (for some) is that Shepherd can attract Allardyce. The fact is neither party have said it's on the cards and the rumour was that Allardyce left Bolton to take over Man City, not us.

I was resoloutley behind Roeder. I'm flip-flopping a bit now because he clearly isn't good enough, but I'm still leaning slightly towards 'better the devil you know'. I fear the Beardsley/Clark show happening.

The article and the thread give the context away a bit.

So let's do it again?

Are you suggesting sticking with Roeder?

I think Allardyce would sort all that area of the football club out. I thought that Roeder might be the man to do it, as he made positive noises about the crap team motivation, training and scouting network that the club had used under Souness. The problem is, he seems unable to back up all the jibba jabba. Lee Clarke on the lash in Buenos Aires isn't the solution.

We need stability, but people won't accept the crap Roeder is enforcing, and we could very well end up in a worse position this time next year if he remains in charge.

I don't see what's negative or miserable about it. They're only saying what everyone thinks, Shepherd needs to appoint someone cabable in his place to rebuild the whole club rather than keep trying to apply a sticking plaster solution to the onfield dross.

I find the clamour for Shepherd to make yet another managerial appointment astounding, based on his track record.

Accepting the fact that Shepherd is going nowhere, what alternative do we have? Another Shepherd managerial appointment is all we're left with to try and change things around.

I do not want big Sam for most of the reasons in that article, yes he would be better than Roeder, but not what I want. If that is against popular opinion so be it.

Did not want him then do not want him now. :panic:

So let's do it again?

I think Allardyce would sort all that area of the football club out. I thought that Roeder might be the man to do it, as he made positive noises about the crap team motivation, training and scouting network that the club had used under Souness. The problem is, he seems unable to back up all the jibba jabba. Lee Clarke on the lash in Buenos Aires isn't the solution.

We need stability, but people won't accept the crap Roeder is enforcing, and we could very well end up in a worse position this time next year if he remains in charge.

Since your problem was that we sack our manager every year so they don't have time to build a scouting network, it would suggest the solution would be not to.

So let's do it again?

Since your problem was that we sack our manager every year so they don't have time to build a scouting network, it would suggest the solution would be not to.

Sorry, what I mean is that this could be sorted from the top. If there was someone brought in to oversee the merry-go-round(not a manager, but some sort of director), to set up scouting networks at all levels etc, then

when/if a new manager comes in there doesn't have to be a total overhaul. The problem is that you'd need the chairman to get that appointment right as well.

I really hoped that Roeder had been here a while that the club he left behind him would be in better shape than the one he joined, off the pitch if not on it.

So let's do it again?

Not if you've got the wrong manager in the first place. Jesus wept tbh.

Aye that's true, but it goes back to getting the length of time and financial support to build the off field stuff.

I don't know that he could get us into regular champions league contention though, as it's a different thing to what he did at Bolton (I think maybe he realised that too).

Allerdyce is kinda the head choice if Roeder goes, to sort out the club if not set the league on fire.

Someone like Klinsman might be more a heart choice, who (assuming we could get him) maybe could set the league on fire, but equally I guess could just end up doing a Gullit.

Kilnsman would be really exciting, I doubt we could attract him though. I think if/when Roeder goes, Freddy will just go for the easiest(most obvious?) appointment. Be it Bruce/Allardyce or whoever.

Maybe if we had a director of football, he could be scouring the globe for the next Wenger, as opposed to being completely unprepared for these matters.

But Allardyce and Shepherd are the dream team to put it in place?

It's not as if Allardyce's even got his people unearthing obscure jems around the globe. Already proven players past their prime have been his stock and trade.

But Allardyce and Shepherd are the dream team to put it in place?

It's not as if Allardyce's even got his people unearthing obscure jems around the globe. Already proven players past their prime have been his stock and trade.

No, but Roeder is patently wrong, he's the worst manager in the league by a country mile imo; as for his backroom staff!

I'll be honest, two years ago I wouldn't have been pleased with the prospect of Allerdyce, but we were a different club then. Take a reality check and see where we are in the scheme of things now. We're not going to get a great European manager, even if Shepherd would consider it, which he won't. Allerdyce is simply the best available candidate for the job.

I pretty much agree with what they say.

On the mackem thing I took it as something that shouldn't and wouldn't bother them (I feel the same) but at the same time as they say there is a section of the support whose first thought at the sign of trouble would be "mackem bastard" the same way it was "jock bastard/dutch bastard" with other people - its not right but its a factor.

So let's do it again?

Less of a problem when we've hardly got any staff to sack, I suppose. :panic:

On the mackem thing I took it as something that shouldn't and wouldn't bother them (I feel the same) but at the same time as they say there is a section of the support whose first thought at the sign of trouble would be "mackem bastard" the same way it was "jock bastard/dutch bastard" with other people - its not right but its a factor.

But it will only be a factor when we get rid of this "English Fuckwit".. :panic:

Having previously just assumed that the mackem thing wasn't an issue, I mentioned Allardyce to the lad I work with and he responded "Aye he used to play for the mackems though. Not happy about that." This is the same idiot who responded to the O'Neill rumours with "Well I was keen til I heard he supported Sunderland or something."

We've got some real mongs in our ranks.

Take a reality check and see where we are in the scheme of things now.

That's what I keep telling people. We're mid-table mediocrity who might push europe in a good year. Why are people calling for Roeder's head if he's only just fallen short of what the club is geared towards under Shepherd.

That's what I keep telling people. We're mid-table mediocrity who might push europe in a good year. Why are people calling for Roeder's head if he's only just fallen short of what the club is geared towards under Shepherd.

Are you accepting that as our lot then? Recognising what we are currently is one thing, settling for it is quite another.

But it will only be a factor when we get rid of this "English Fuckwit".. :panic:

Look how Oliver and Shepherd have tried to sell Roeder as the ex-player/adopted Geordie - I think in some quarters that busllshit works - they wouldn't be able to try that with Allardyce and the mackem thing actually takes the swing the other way from neutral.

My view is Roeder should go - I'm just not convinced that Allardyce is the right man as I never thought he was the right man in the past which is what .COM are saying. If his availability ups the ante on getting rid of Roeder then fair enough but if its right to sack him then have a proper search. That would involve as again they say a new chairman.

We've got some real mongs in our ranks.

Its something we recognise clearly on here - and sadly it can become a factor - in fact its a large factor in our failure imo.

We're not going to push for Europe with Roeder, in fact the man is a relegation risk. How have we just fallen short of Europe this year anyway? We're currently 7 points off relegation.

We're not going to push for Europe with Roeder, in fact the man is a relegation risk. How have we just fallen short of Europe this year anyway? We're currently 7 points off relegation.

I think this has been a poor season for him and he COULD do better but as I said when he was appointed Shepherd set the top bar as 5th/6th with a possible attempt at 4th in a really good yera. I do actually think Roeder could do that with a bit of luck. As I also said I don't think Allardyce (or O'Neill for that matter) actually sets the bar any higher but possibly just firms it up and would probably remove seasons as poor as this.

If we want to higher we need a Benitez/Wenger/Hitzfeld.