The Leeds VS Sheffield Thread.

Tom

yep, half hour on the Train to Leeds. Much better night out and reduced risk of twattish locals.

Load of shite. Sheffield is a far safer and better night out than Leeds.

Anyway you could go to the Boardwalk, DnR bar, Devonshire Cat for decent beer. All friendly. The Howard is never any bother and is next to the train station and about 5mins walk from the Leadmill.

The club nights are usually very good in the Leadmill too. You usually get in 'free' after a gig. Plenty of students about too!

Cheers man i might have a look,

Do you know what time gigs in the leadmill usually finish?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yep, half hour on the Train to Leeds. Much better night out and reduced risk of twattish locals.

Anyway you could go to the Boardwalk, DnR bar, Devonshire Cat for decent beer. All friendly. The Howard is never any bother and is next to the train station and about 5mins walk from the Leadmill.

The club nights are usually very good in the Leadmill too. You usually get in 'free' after a gig. Plenty of students about too!

don't listen, he's lying

nasty fat hobbit

:D

The gigs finish between 10:30 and 11 usually then the club nights start. Plenty of places about. The Globe just up from the Howard is canny aswell and you get student discount at the bar.

don't listen, he's lying

nasty fat hobbit

Ignore Fish, T-Keith. Remember he thinks both he and Leeds are posh <_<:(

Hahah <_<

Been checking the train times on the way back looks like we are stuck with the 23:15 that takes two hours :D

If not that the last one takes three hours fifteen minutes!

To get to York :(

Hahah <_<

Been checking the train times on the way back looks like we are stuck with the 23:15 that takes two hours :D

If not that the last one takes three hours fifteen minutes!

To get to York :(

Is it Thomas the Tank ??? :(

Ignore Fish, T-Keith. Remember he thinks both he and Leeds are posh <_<:(

making stuff up again Gram? surely you'd have learnt your lesson by now? I've never claimed that Leeds was posh and I'v e never claimed to be Posh myself.

I've stated I lean towards the upper strata of the middle class... but I wouldn't say I was posh.

Gram is just blinded by some bizarre affection to Sheffield which borders on the fetish iyam. :D

and he's blatantly seething that I dare to cast aspersions upon his favoured Yorkshire town.

p.s. I do think Leeds is great :( :(

In fairness, The Fish is more stuck up than posh <_<

I'd agree with that. I'll freely admit I've ideas above my station and I'm a snob etc. etc. :(

but I'm not fat. :(

I'd agree with that. I'll freely admit I've ideas above my station and I'm a snob etc. etc. :(

Methinks the lardarse does protest too much. Far too much in fact.

Certainly eats too much.

In fairness, The Fish is more stuck up than posh :(

Certainly eats too much.

Couldn't hear you over the Yorkie you're inevitably gorging yourself on Chunky LeGinge.

and Renton, you're fatter than me... <_<

still, Keith Lad, don't go to Sheffield it's bollocks

I've stated I lean towards the upper strata of the middle class... but I wouldn't say I was posh.

Fuck me, if you're posh I'm royalty.

If Leeds is great, Newcastle is utopia :(

If Leeds is great, Newcastle is utopia <_<

for a night out? I'd probably go for Leeds... biased because of where I'm living at the moment and all the benefits that come with that. But still, I'd have both of those cities over Sheffield any day of the week. 3 words

When Saturday Comes

:(

If Leeds is great, Newcastle is utopia <_<

for a night out? I'd probably go for Leeds... biased because of where I'm living at the moment and all the benefits that come with that. But still, I'd have both of those cities over Sheffield any day of the week. 3 words

When Saturday Comes

:(

Meh. We live in the middle and choose Sheffield every time. Leeds is an ok night out. No better.

Too much hassle there, Sheffield is far more chilled out and better nightlife.

No particular affinity with either tbh but Leeds just has little to offer.

Meh. We live in the middle and choose Sheffield every time. Leeds is an ok night out. No better.

all joking aside I'm surprised by this. I'm out a lot and have yet to be at a loss for somewhere new to go in Leeds.

No matter what kind of night you fancy I'd reckon you could find a club/bar/pub with that theme in Leeds. The venues are decent, from the bigger Leeds Met and Leeds Uni rooms, to the more intimate Jospehs Well and Cockpit style night. The bars are what you'd expect in any major city these days, the standard Vodka Revolution and Living Room stuff, but some cool little pubs like the Angel do well also. I'm not trying to sound like tourism officer for Leeds, but I'm honestly surprised you think Leeds has little to offer.

all joking aside I'm surprised by this. I'm out a lot and have yet to be at a loss for somewhere new to go in Leeds.

No matter what kind of night you fancy I'd reckon you could find a club/bar/pub with that theme in Leeds. The venues are decent, from the bigger Leeds Met and Leeds Uni rooms, to the more intimate Jospehs Well and Cockpit style night. The bars are what you'd expect in any major city these days, the standard Vodka Revolution and Living Room stuff, but some cool little pubs like the Angel do well also. I'm not trying to sound like tourism officer for Leeds, but I'm honestly surprised you think Leeds has little to offer.

I dont dislike Leeds. I did my Masters there.

Leeds doesnt have a venue anywhere near as good as the Leadmill. Thats a fact. The Cockpit is ok. The Corn Exchange area is utterly pretentious at night but not too bad during the day. The bars that are decent are miles apart which is a pain in the arse. It does have some ok places and I have visited it a lot. Just as a group we always have far better nights in Sheffield. None of us are local to the area but we all work here.

Leeds is good but Fishy is hardly representing it very well.

pipe down you, I'm trying to keep the riffraff out. What what

cad0706.gif

For going out in the early 90s there was no competition, Leeds by a country mile. Back to Basics, SOAKs / KAOS at the corn exchange and Up Yer Ronson. Best nights out in the whole country, nevermind Yorkshire.

Sheffield had the Arches and that was it. Nowadays i wouldnt piss on the street in either of them.

Edited by ChezGiven

Cannot stand Sheffield like fucking hate the place (a bit due to I never liked it and the scenario to go with it) but I've never been out in Leeds so really can't comment unfortunately.

Talking withput my rose tinted specs on but Leeds pisses its great northern cock all over Sheffield.

Having working many times in Sheffield and been out a many times in Sheffield, apart from Gatecrasher its shit. I would rather goto Barnsley than Sheffield! Now thats a good night out!