Fat Sam

I'm doing my bit? By not doing (or buying) anything? :D

As for the rest of it, do you think you're a genius who's the first person to work out Shepherd is a fucking idiot? :D

Good luck with website btw

Did I say that? Why not go back to the original post and start from there. I've seen you post that you accept Sam because we can't get x,y,z.... . I'm saying this is flawed reasoning, x,y,z were never in the frame, now or after Robson. I've justified elsewhere my stand on season tickets etc as a means to remove Fred.

That last post was meant to be lighthearted. You need to have a Cadbury's Caramel.

Fucking rank tbh.

:( I meant 'Take it easy'.

I always do :D

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure you have argued in the past SSH that Roeder needed to be given time. Shouldn't a new manager with a better pedigree get the time to prove himself at the club?

I don't see the relevance to this post...? Are you saying like Fred that given time Sam will have us in the top 3?

I thought it was a straightforward enough point - you thought Roeder needed time but you want Fat Sam out already? Seems unfair to me.

On the basis that Sam is arguably the limit of Fred's ambition....both out yes. The facts speak for themselves, Fred would have had Sam after Robson, having sacked him for not improving on 3rd. We're going nowhere.

How do you propose doing that though? I mean - you've got the solution, but how is it achievable? Genuine question.

Well, I need Peasepud to register www.fatsamandfatfredout.com, then I need to gather the support of 50,000 Geordies all pulling in the same direction, then I need to get everyone of them to send a from letter to the club. Then maybe make a banner out of my bed sheets. If none of that works, I have a 7.62 rifle with a sniper scope.

I'm doing my bit, no season ticket, no shirt. It's up to everyone else to see the light.

You don't have a season ticket because you're a student in Edinburgh and can't get to the games. Hardly taking a stand, is it?

I'm sure you have argued in the past SSH that Roeder needed to be given time. Shouldn't a new manager with a better pedigree get the time to prove himself at the club?

I don't see the relevance to this post...? Are you saying like Fred that given time Sam will have us in the top 3?

I thought it was a straightforward enough point - you thought Roeder needed time but you want Fat Sam out already? Seems unfair to me.

On the basis that Sam is arguably the limit of Fred's ambition....both out yes. The facts speak for themselves, Fred would have had Sam after Robson, having sacked him for not improving on 3rd. We're going nowhere.

How do you propose doing that though? I mean - you've got the solution, but how is it achievable? Genuine question.

Well, I need Peasepud to register www.fatsamandfatfredout.com, then I need to gather the support of 50,000 Geordies all pulling in the same direction, then I need to get everyone of them to send a from letter to the club. Then maybe make a banner out of my bed sheets. If none of that works, I have a 7.62 rifle with a sniper scope.

I'm doing my bit, no season ticket, no shirt. It's up to everyone else to see the light.

You don't have a season ticket because you're a student in Edinburgh and can't get to the games. Hardly taking a stand, is it?

Edinburgh! I wish I was as close as that. Just a short train journey.

Fat Sam and Fred Out. Now.

Jesus.

Didn't want the bloke, but now he's (pretty much) here he'll have my full support.

As Sweet sang...

Wig-wam bam, Shepherds gone and got Big Sam

Wam bam bam, gonna love him if I can

Wig-wam bam, wanna make you understand

Try a little touch, try a little too much

Just try a little Big Sam bam

Is he not from Kent? Regardless, how In Victa has the brass neck to criticise others by pretending to make a stand by not buying a season ticket is beyond me. :D

Freddys got them by the balls,i'd say about 49% of them anyway,the other 51% are down the quayside tonight.

If this isn't his last chance i dunno what is??

Edited by @yourservice

Freddys got them by the balls,i'd say about 49% of them anyway,the other 51% are down the quayside tonight.

If this isn't his last chance i dunno what is??

Roeder was supposedly Fred's last chance. More lives than a cat.

I'm confused as to your point, are you trying to say that Shepherd should appoint a shitter manager so he'll lower his expectations and we'll have stability? You're still a fucking spastic regardless.

I'm fed up with people moaning all the time and not giving anyone a chance regardless of who signs (unless it's actually the very god of football management himself!). It's just getting really tedious that everytime we are in this situation there's always a portion of fans willing to bitch and whine about things and generally be unsatisfiable - no wonder the rest of the footballing community thinks we're a bunch of clowns. Fickle doesn't even begin to describe some people.

The point is because Shepherd has wanted Allardyce for a long time then its a lazy signing. So its a shit signing, or something..

The point being you accept Allardyce now over other preferred candidates because of our supposed situation, whereas Fred wanted Sam all along because he thinks he is the man to win the Premiership. He wanted him after Robson failed to improve on 3rd, and he wanted him now without looking for anyone else (or even worse double-crossed his current manager to get him).

Why this is I don't know, though I have heard it that Fred won't appoint another 'foreigner' after the Gullit fiasco.

The point is because Shepherd has wanted Allardyce for a long time then its a lazy signing. So its a shit signing, or something..

The point being you accept Allardyce now over other preferred candidates because of our supposed situation, whereas Fred wanted Sam all along because he thinks he is the man to win the Premiership. He wanted him after Robson failed to improve on 3rd, and he wanted him now without looking for anyone else (or even worse double-crossed his current manager to get him).

Why this is I don't know, though I have heard it that Fred won't appoint another 'foreigner' after the Gullit fiasco.

Basically when I opened the thread it went like this:

"I DON'T WANT ALLARDYCE SO I AM GOING TO KEEP SPOUTING A LOAD OF SHITE IN NUMEROUS DIFFERENT THREADS SO PEOPLE REALISE I DON'T WANT HIM, IF EVERYONE HAS GOT THE POINT I WILL KEEP DOING IT, COMING UP WITH MORE AND MORE TEDIOUS, BASELESS POINTS BECAUSE I CAN"

Basically when I opened the thread it went like this:

"I DON'T WANT ALLARDYCE SO I AM GOING TO KEEP SPOUTING A LOAD OF SHITE IN NUMEROUS DIFFERENT THREADS SO PEOPLE REALISE I DON'T WANT HIM, IF EVERYONE HAS GOT THE POINT I WILL KEEP DOING IT, COMING UP WITH MORE AND MORE TEDIOUS, BASELESS POINTS BECAUSE I CAN"

Why is it baseless? What facts are you disputing here? Did we not offer Sam the job after sacking Robson? Did Fred not state that when Robson finished third he was expecting us to then finish 2nd and then 1st? Has Fred not just sacked Roeder and got Sam without looking at any other manager? Has Sam always been Fred's first choice or has he not?

Aye its baseless, show me quotes from each of our appointments after SBR to say we tried to get Allardyce. Even if you can this thread is shite. You claim Shepherd has wanted Allardyce since SBR was sacked, Allardyce has gone on to improve Bolton and gain more experience yet you claim we are settling. We were linked to two other managers ,one who ruled himself out, one who hasnt worked in club football for 7 years and (again baseless) you claim Shepherd is settling and hasn't looked at any other options.

All shite tbh.

Aye its baseless, show me quotes from each of our appointments after SBR to say we tried to get Allardyce. Even if you can this thread is shite. You claim Shepherd has wanted Allardyce since SBR was sacked, Allardyce has gone on to improve Bolton and gain more experience yet you claim we are settling. We were linked to two other managers ,one who ruled himself out, one who hasnt worked in club football for 7 years and (again baseless) you claim Shepherd is settling and hasn't looked at any other options.

All shite tbh.

Aye but stop replying to him. The guy is an obvious piss-taker, just trying to rile us up with mindless shite, and answering what passes for his arguments only fuels the fire.

All shite tbh.

Aye but stop replying to him. The guy is an obvious piss-taker, just trying to rile us up with mindless shite, and answering what passes for his arguments only fuels the fire.

I was having fun but ok :D:D

All shite tbh.

So he didn't turn the job down after Robson? I seriously doubt that given the hundreds of articles that have stated that very fact this week. Better still if you could find quotes with either Fred or Sam denying it.

I've no idea why you bring Allardyce's record afterwards into it, so I'll skip that.

You're taking a newspaper link to Houlier denied after half an hour, and Sven putting himself into the picture, you're pointing to those incidents as Fred looking at other options? Don't think so.

If you want to believe all of that is 'shite', go ahead, the facts say something different.

All shite tbh.

Alternatively you could tell me what exactly is the pisstake here? What have I gotten wrong in the post? Usually a pisstake involves some sort of joke or lie, perhaps it means something different to you.

What facts are these then? They all seem made up to me.

It was fairly obviousy whyI brought Allardyces record into it but if you can't read or understand things maybe its a waste of time trying to get you to.

Maybe he's appointing Allardyce because he rates him as a manager, and can do a good job here regardless of the situation.

Maybe when Robson was fired, it was recognised that there wasn't any organisation in the club, so when Allardyce turned it down, Souness was the only real option available who could start the job (very badly though).

I'm not a big fan of Allardyce at all, but I'm more than willing to give him a chance. I'm far more happy about the club today than I was a couple of weeks ago with Roeder in charge. OK, it's reported that we could have got Houllier, who would have been my choice, but there's no real basis in that.

The fact that we wanted Fat Sam straight after Robson, and now with the timing of Roeder's sacking and Fat Sam's appointment in the absence of anything resembling a search for another manager, it is now quite clear that Fat Sam is and always was Fat Freds idea of the ideal manager for this club.

After sacking Robson in his own words for failing to capitalise on 3rd with subsequant 2nd and 1st position, Fat Sam is quite obviously Fat Fred's idea of the ideal person to win the Premiership, and has nothing to do with a sensible appraisal of the need for rebuilding or stability or any other excuses that people are making to justify this appointment.

Fat Sam and Fred Out. Now.

For fucks' sake. Get over it. Why argue, when you know damn straight that Big Sam will be our manager. All your pointless vitriol means nothing to me. I'm a fucking season ticket holder and wish to be in future years. If you feel that strongly about the shit that you type, fuckin' don't get a season ticket. Simple.

I don't give a fuck if you don't renew, and I don't give a fuck if you get 10,000 fuckers off the street to sign a pointless petition saying you lot aren't happy and you want someone else.

If you and the 10,000 fuckers collectively don't renew your season tickets than there'll be another 12,000 waiting to get a season ticket. Fuckin' simple.

I want to see good football, and a successful club like you, and everybody else, but the shit that I've read from you over the last week is fuckin' rubbish. You know what to do if you don't want Sam. Fuck off and watch the games in a pub and read up on it here...

Simple

Maybe he's appointing Allardyce because he rates him as a manager, and can do a good job here regardless of the situation.

Maybe when Robson was fired, it was recognised that there wasn't any organisation in the club, so when Allardyce turned it down, Souness was the only real option available who could start the job (very badly though).

I'm not a big fan of Allardyce at all, but I'm more than willing to give him a chance. I'm far more happy about the club today than I was a couple of weeks ago with Roeder in charge. OK, it's reported that we could have got Houllier, who would have been my choice, but there's no real basis in that.

This isn't about Houlier, this is about the difference between Fred's reasons for wanting Sam and the fans. Fred honestly thinks Sam can win the Premiership, do you? Excusing Sam's appointment because of the clubs current position is an irrelevance, it would have been Sam whenever. We were never going to get a top flight manager. That is the point.

Fred also wanted Robson after Keegan but couldn't get him at the time, if he'd got him I wonder if things would have been different. What I'm saying is Fred had it set in his mind which managers he wanted but couldn't get them initially when he wanted - who knows where we'd be now if Fred had gone from Keegan to Robson to Sam? It would seem he had a longer term plan of who should manage NUFC but just couldn't get the right men at the right time and then made mistakes filling in for his number one choices. I'm happy to see how Sam does, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt over the Panorama incident until he gives me cause to complain. And yes, given the right circumstances (as any manager needs) I think he could potentially win us silverware.

Edited by Armchair Pundit