Sidwell set for Blues medical

khay

Skysports.com understands Steve Sidwell is on the verge of a dream move to Chelsea.

The dynamic midfielder is scheduled to undergo a medical at Chelsea at Monday ahead of a proposed move to Stamford Bridge.

Sidwell is not expected to feature for Reading in their final game of the season against Blackburn on Sunday as he prepares himself for his medical tests at Chelsea.

A number of clubs have been chasing Sidwell, who is available on a free transfer, after turning down a new deal at Reading.

However, it appears Chelsea have won the race for his signature in beating off interest from the likes of Newcastle, Everton and Middlesbrough.

Should Sidwell seal his move to Chelsea he will become Jose Mourinho's first signing of the summer.

:D:D

Still don't get why he's unsatisfied at Reading tbh.

Because he a greedy twat.

Sorry Cath. Ooo there's a synonym swear filter.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Welcome to the Big Time Brock..................

Players have NO loyalty - he can get twice the money at the Bridge cp the MadStad and this way he doesn't even have to move house

What was Big John paying him anywya? £15k a week ??

Even though he has yet to be officially installed as Newcastle’s latest boss, he has been involved in trying to rescue the deal involving Reading’s Steve Sidwell.

Sidwell had agreed to join the Geordies on a Bosman free when Roeder was in charge, but has since begun talks with other clubs including Chelsea and Everton.

Allardyce has let it be known that he would love the energetic midfielder to be part of his Newcastle side, but Chelsea are the new favourites to sign him.

I can't understand why there has been so much interest in him tbh.

For Chelsea to be interested, you'd think he'd be someone on a level with the likes of Joe Cole, Lampard, etc.

A million miles off IMO!

Better than Parker and Emre though.

He fucking well isn't.

What was Big John paying him anywya? £15k a week ??

He was offered the 25k per week which he was originally asking for but turned it down. Got booed at the Watford game, after an awful performance. I don't this sort of player at NUFC when he clearly has a shit attitude and isn't good enough.

Stay well clear, even on a free we have enough people who can give the ball away at any opportunity without signing another one.

I actually can't pick an area of the pitch that isn't our priority tbh.

2 years ago I'd have said either defence or attack, neither of which have been addressed but I agree the midfield is also now week and I think something we have learned from this season is that Harper is not decent enough cover for Given.

2 years ago I'd have said either defence or attack, neither of which have been addressed but I agree the midfield is also now week and I think something we have learned from this season is that Harper is not decent enough cover for Given.

It'd be very difficult to get a better keeper to act as backup knowing that Given will most likely be No.1 for the forseeable future.

It'd be very difficult to get a better keeper to act as backup knowing that Given will most likely be No.1 for the forseeable future.

Tim Krul.

Tim Krul.

Better off sending him out on loan for a season rather than have him sat on the bench.

Apart from one European game, how much have people on here seen of Krul?

Yeah, I think loan is the best move for both concerned. Think he is still too young to be sitting on our bench.