Michael Winner slates the North

BlueStar

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i like storys like this, it means we get less cockneys coming up here to live  :unsure:

26029[/snapback]

Yes, and I bet you don't want anyone of an ethnic persuasion coming and stealing your women either do you!?

FWIW, there's a fair few northerners in London....it's called moving.

i like storys like this, it means we get less cockneys coming up here to live  :unsure:

26029[/snapback]

Yes, and I bet you don't want anyone of an ethnic persuasion coming and stealing your women either do you!?

27460[/snapback]

Divvent try and make him sound racist man. :o

26029[/snapback]

27460[/snapback]

27462[/snapback]

:D

Well, he is.

I'm southern, and he wouldn't want me here based only on that fact.

That's entirely what racism is, believing a group of people are all bad and not seeing them as individuals.

Edited by Asprilla's foreskin

Does seem quite true that people are a bit chirpier up north and friendlier.

27468[/snapback]

I don't know if I agree.

They SOUND friendlier because of the accent.

I honestly think people up here are a lot less friendly than the image.

Especially towards southerners.

Still, you're friendly....let's build a bridge! :unsure:

Edited by Asprilla's foreskin

26029[/snapback]

27460[/snapback]

Divvent try and make him sound racist man. :D

27462[/snapback]

:)

Well, he is.

That's entirely what racism is, believing a group of people are all bad and not seeing them as individuals.

27464[/snapback]

For it to be racist you would have to be of a different race (hence the word race beign used) to him, ie he is caucasian and i imagine you are too, so it isn't racist in the slightest unless you turn out to be black, hispanic, asian or something else!

Plus i bet there's loads of other reasons why he wouldn't want you up here. :o

26029[/snapback]

27460[/snapback]

27462[/snapback]

Well, he is.

27464[/snapback]

For it to be racist you would have to be of a different race (hence the word race beign used) to him, ie he is caucasian and i imagine you are too, so it isn't racist in the slightest unless you turn out to be black, hispanic, asian or something else!

27475[/snapback]

Thanks for that mind numbingly dull post. You ROCK!!

26029[/snapback]

27460[/snapback]

27462[/snapback]

Well, he is.

27464[/snapback]

27475[/snapback]

Thanks for that mind numbingly dull post. You ROCK!!

27478[/snapback]

Don't mention it, any chance to educate those less intelligent than myself is always worthwhile. Today you've learned that not liking cockneys isn't racist, who knows what you'll learn tomorrow!

Definitions of "race"

1:A local geographic or global human population distinguished as a more or less distinct group by genetically transmitted physical characteristics.

2:A group of people united or classified together on the basis of common history, nationality, or geographic distribution: the German race.

3:A genealogical line; a lineage.

4:Humans considered as a group.

Jews are considered a race but are joined by religion rather than physical attributes.

26029[/snapback]

27460[/snapback]

27462[/snapback]

Well, he is.

27464[/snapback]

So, being Southern, do you actually go to matches, or is this another example of an armchair pundit blaming Newcastle's performance on the matchday fans (like NJM)?

An honest question, I'm not interested in one of these pathetic "I'm a better fan than you" threads.

Living in Newcastle, I feel very little connection with the South, as illustrated by the program tonight. Give me Edinburgh over London anytime - and it's only an hour away by train. For that matter, give me Leeds, Manchester, Liverpool, or Glasgow over London - all nearer and much more friendly and enjoyable. And no need to put up with patronising cockney wankers.

Winner is an odious turd, but you can tell he is just saying shit like that to make the headlines.

Sewell is a different matter - I think he generally believes what he says, for instance when he said tonight it would be best for the North to be wiped out by a plague so it could be demolished. I hope the cunt dies an agonising death very soon. :D

I don't mind being English, but it often feels like the views that foreigners have of England and the English are characteristics of Southern English.

If there was a chance for the North to form a breakaway country - Northern England I'd take it.

Think about a Northern English Premiership. It still wouldn't be bad.

(I'm not suggesting this would be how it would look, just the teams in it.)

1 Newcastle United

2 Manchester United

3 Liverpool

4 Everton

5 Manchester City

6 Middlesbrough

7 Aston Villa

8 Bolton Wanderers

9 Birmingham City

10 Blackburn Rovers

11 West Bromwich Albion

12 Wigan Athletic

13 Sunderland

14 Sheffield United

15 Wolverhampton Wanderers

16 Leeds United

17 Stoke City

18 Derby County

19 Hull City

20 Preston North End

Or, if we ressurected Northumbria (present day North East & Cumbria), we might even stand a chance of winning something!

Northumbrian Premiership

1 Newcastle United

2 Middlesbrough

3 Sunderland

4 Hartlepool United

5 Darlington

6 Carlisle United

7 Barrow

8 Blyth Spartans

9 Gateshead

10 Kendal Town

11 Bishop Auckland

12 Whitley Bay

13 Newcastle Blue Star

14 Chester le Street

15 Durham City

16 Billingham Town

17 Dunston Federation

18 Newcastle Benfield

19 West Allotment Celtic

20 West Auckland Town

Edited by Tom_NUFC

Renton,

I live up here. One reason I moved was so I could go and see Newcastle play at home and to get to know the city of the team I've always supported.

I was born in the NorthEast, my father is from here, and I have family up here. I have always loved it. I happened to grow up in the south and lived in London for a few years.

During all that time I supported Newcastle. No, not a soopafan, just a fan. I watched us get a beating countless times in various areas of London.

I have a problem with some of the insular attitudes here. In order for us to be a successful club, it's essential that you have fans from outside the immediate area. I think unfortunately some fans have shot themselves in the foot taking the piss out of ManU for this very thing. They have realised the financial benefits of having a global fanbase. I think to be fair, we have now, but they had a head start.

I understand your objections to fickle fans who change allegiance, that is inexcusable, but I'm sure you would rather we more like Real Madrid than Blyth Spartans (no offense to B.S.)

And to the people who trot out lines like "I hate cockneys" or "I hate southerners", you are no better than Messers Winner or Sewell and consequently have no right to object to their comments.

Renton,

I live up here. One reason I moved was so I could go and see Newcastle play at home and to get to know the city of the team I've always supported.

I was born in the NorthEast, my father is from here, and I have family up here. I have always loved it. I happened to grow up in the south and lived in London for a few years.

During all that time I supported Newcastle. No, not a soopafan, just a fan. I watched us get a beating countless times in various areas of London.

I have a problem with some of the insular attitudes here. In order for us to be a successful club, it's essential that you have fans from outside the immediate area. I think unfortunately some fans have shot themselves in the foot taking the piss out of ManU for this very thing. They have realised the financial benefits of having a global fanbase. I think to be fair, we have now, but they had a head start.

I understand your objections to fickle fans who change allegiance, that is inexcusable, but I'm sure you would rather we more like Real Madrid than Blyth Spartans (no offense to B.S.)

And to the people who trot out lines like "I hate cockneys" or "I hate southerners", you are no better than Messers Winner or Sewell and consequently have no right to object to their comments.

27554[/snapback]

So to cut a long story short, it's the fans' fault AGAIN? :unsure:

Renton,

27554[/snapback]

I was only asking, no need to get on the defensive. I have noticed from experience that usually the people who blame the fans for poor results don't actually go to games. If that's not you, fine.

Oh, and I don't hate southerners, I have known and worked with many over the years, most of whom were sound. I hate patronising cockney wankers, like Sewell and Winner. There's a difference. And you have to admit, there are a lot of this ilk in London, which frankly, is a shit hole.

Renton,

27554[/snapback]

I don't hate southerners. I've met many decent blokes over the years, I've watched Newcastle play in London many times and gone along with a cockney type speaking mate or two as insurance in case someone asks me the time or whatever, which happened on the North Bank at Arsenal.

I can't stand patronising ones though, like Winner and quite a lot of the journalists, who think we are all idiot notherners first, rather than the other way round.

I completely disagree that you need outside support to be a successful football club. Other teams might have it, like manu - thats not a dig just a classic example of their world wide fan base which is unique, but they are a 2 club city,

so are Everton and Liverpool, Birmingham has 3 clubs, London has many clubs. We are a one city club. Everyone supports Newcastle. Crowd wise, we could easily fill a bigger stadium if we were really successful, and realistically, outside of their city in question, fans will follow big successful teams, that is how the likes of Liverpool and manu have their following world wide, it is because they've been successful, it's not a reason for it. We have built up a bigger fan base ourselves in the last decade, and we've won nowt yet !