Owen on his way to Man Utd

TheMoog

From SSN:

Bayern Munich president Franz Beckenbauer has confirmed that Owen Hargreaves will leave the club for Manchester United this summer.

The England international has long been a target for Red Devils chief Sir Alex Ferguson, with Bayern fending off interest from Old Trafford last summer.

Hargreaves has made no secret of his desire to move to Old Trafford and in the face of renewed interest from United and the midfielder's desire to move on, Bayern's stance has softened in recent weeks.

Bayern are planning an overhaul of their playing staff after falling well short in the Bundesliga and a reported £17million deal will hand the club a substantial transfer kitty.

German magazine Spiegel reported on its website a deal had been agreed and Beckenbauer has confirmed the 26-year-old will head to England this summer.

"Owen is leaving," Beckenbauer told Germany's DSF sports television network. "That was the player's wish.

"It's a good match and it's also a good deal financially."

I wonder if Carrick will be happy about it?

I wonder if Carrick will be happy about it?

Does Carrick not like Hargreaves or something?

I just figure they're fairly similar, can't see Carrick being happy with warming the bench.

Bastard. <_<

Sorry Brock, couldn't resist :blink:

I agree I cant see Carrick ditting on the bench he has become a bit of a gready b***ard at Manchester.

Would you put a bid in for him?

Doubt we could afford him, vastly overrated anyway.

exactly what I think. Personally I rekon he was second choice to Hardgreaves anyway.

I agree I cant see Carrick ditting on the bench he has become a bit of a gready b***ard at Manchester.

Would you put a bid in for him?

Doubt we could afford him, vastly overrated anyway.

By who? <_<

He's class FWIW

I'd like to see him here tbh.

He isn't exactly what we need his short passing is great and he has technique but he isn't the most creative of players and has also really performed greatly in the last 2 months.

I could live without.

Might be a little bit on the expensive side, but it's not our money, and I'm just delighted Hargreaves will be playing in the Premierleague next season <_<

No way on this earth is he worth £17m

Yeah, but none of the players that Man Utd or Chelsea have bought for the last few years have been worth the prices paid for them. Does anyone else think that other clubs massively inflate prices whenever those two become interested in a player? I don't want to give any moral support to the over-rich clubs in the world but other clubs do rip them off. So they should too, but when a club can afford to drop £17m+ on players other clubs will demand those prices.

No way on this earth is he worth £17m

Yeah, but none of the players that Man Utd or Chelsea have bought for the last few years have been worth the prices paid for them. Does anyone else think that other clubs massively inflate prices whenever those two become interested in a player? I don't want to give any moral support to the over-rich clubs in the world but other clubs do rip them off. So they should too, but when a club can afford to drop £17m+ on players other clubs will demand those prices.

Well apart from us, we just knock £7m off the price we paid. <_<

why are they buying another mid-fielder FFS?

Maybe replace Scholes I guess but I'd have thought a real striker was their top priority

why are they buying another mid-fielder FFS?

Maybe replace Scholes I guess but I'd have thought a real striker was their top priority

I think they may already have their eye on someone for that role.

Got to agree witha couple of comments, only had the odd good game for England, wonder if Isegrim can confirm what hes been like in Jormany this season?

I didnt think he has played much this season after breaking his leg? still dont get me wrong, I'd have him here in a flash