The Big Brother 2007 Thread

Guest Toplass-101

I seriously don't understand the attraction of this utter horse shit of a program. Do people not realise life is finite? Do you seriously want to waste a sizable percentage of it watching retards "interact"?

;)

Renton - the voice of understanding and reason...

I agree with you though mate, following on from SMO's comment, I think social interaction and behavioural observation were what the first series was about. Every single one since then was about social retards trying to whore themselves IMO.

I agree but there's always a few genuine people and then there's the fake one's who I couldn't give a flying fuck about. Just wish they wouldn't put anyone in with any slight connection to celebrity, like a cousin of a footballer for example.

Would love to pick the people that go in, lass i know had the job of going along the queue and picking people out to be fast tracked to the front of the queue. Reckons most freaks or people who turned up in fancy dress were told to go home.

.....hopefully with a 12-bore pointed at their head! ;)

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest alex

Tedious fucking shite. People who watch it and then claim it's for its 'social interaction' deserve a huge slap (Looking at you SMO). Don't try and sound intellectual.

I'm not much of an interlect i admit but I do enjoy watching people, especially strangers and seeing how they react to each other, more a fan of the programme than any of the people on it which is where people get mixed up I reckon, cos I like it doiesn't mean I like the people on it.

;) Howay man.

Tedious fucking shite. People who watch it and then claim it's for its 'social interaction' deserve a huge slap (Looking at you SMO). Don't try and sound intellectual.

I'm not much of an interlect i admit but I do enjoy watching people, especially strangers and seeing how they react to each other, more a fan of the programme than any of the people on it which is where people get mixed up I reckon, cos I like it doiesn't mean I like the people on it.

;) Howay man.

;) Like that did you, I was taught phonetically at school!

Guest alex

;) Howay man.

;) Like that did you, I was taught phonetically at school!

Via phone? :icon_lol:

Last year's was 13 weeks long. FFS, that's quarter of a year!

Taking into consideration...

Channel 4

Daily regular show - 91 hours

Live Eviction Shows - included in above

Big Brother On The Couch - 13 hours

Big Brother’s Little Brother - 13 hours

Big Brother’s Big Mouth - 13 hours

E4

Big Brother’s Little Brother - 32.5 hours

Big Brother’s Big Mouth - 39 hours

Big BrotherDiary Room Uncut - 26 hours

...and you're up to 227.5 hours divided by 24 hours = 9.47 full days, and this is excluding the live programs with the chicken noises through the night FFS!

Why not read a book instead? Preferably "1984"...

;)

Wait for some BB purist to claim that Orwell stole the idea from Endemol ;)

Last season was the finish for me. The people they got in were too annoying to bear even for the sake of entertainment. I have watched a couple of the series though, and the first one remains the best imo.

In all seriousness I'll bet that about 90% of applicants for the programme wouldnt even understand the reference.

Guest alex

Last season was the finish for me. The people they got in were too annoying to bear even for the sake of entertainment. I have watched a couple of the series though, and the first one remains the best imo.

I watched that I must admit. Nasty Nick making up a story about being involved in a fatal car crash in the Northern Territories in Australia and losing his girlfriend. Did he not think people watching who knew him would think that was a bit of an odd thing to do? ;)

Guest alex

In all seriousness I'll bet that about 90% of applicants viewers for of the programme wouldnt even understand the reference.

In all seriousness I'll bet that about 90% of applicants viewers for of the programme wouldnt even understand the reference.

Thought Police!

Guest alex

Thought Police!

They'd definitely miss that reference.

Thought Police!

They'd definitely miss that reference.

Much like your Reggie Perrin ones

hippo,%20side.jpg

Guest alex

I worked with a lass at the council who was going to read 1984 because she liked Big Brother. ;) All the angels joined in with the weeping that day.

I find it amusing that Craig is so against the show, seeing that he actually had tickets to go to one of the live evictions a couple of years back ;)

Just to remind you, he wanted some ideas for banners to wave ;)

I worked with a lass at the council who was going to read 1984 because she liked Big Brother. ;) All the angels joined in with the weeping that day.

;)

Daaaayur seven and Winstin is wankin in the showa!

I find it amusing that Craig is so against the show, seeing that he actually had tickets to go to one of the live evictions a couple of years back :icon_lol:

Just to remind you, he wanted some ideas for banners to wave :icon_lol:

;);):icon_lol:

Game-set-match tbh.

Guest alex

I find it amusing that Craig is so against the show, seeing that he actually had tickets to go to one of the live evictions a couple of years back :icon_lol:

Just to remind you, he wanted some ideas for banners to wave :icon_lol:

;) I've thought it was a bit shite watching it but fair enough, most of us watch a bit of rubbish. I reckon voting is taking things a bit far. But actually going to an eviction? Fucking hell ;):icon_lol:

;)

Daaaayur seven and Winstin is wankin in the showa!

:icon_lol:

I think in many ways the TV series is superior to the book in having a geordie narrator, something Orwell completely failed to include in his feeble version!