Rozehnal signs for Newcastle

Scottish Mag

Rozehnal relishing Newcastle move

David Rozehnal has spoken of his imminent move to Newcastle, with the Czech defender excited by the chance to play at the same club as 'the legendary Alan Shearer'.

The Czech defender is expected to shun interest from Sevilla and sign a four-year deal at St James' Park on Monday when he jets into the North East for a medical.

The Magpies have come to an agreement with Rozehnal's club Paris Saint Germain and the international defender admits he is excited at the prospect of donning the famous black and white stripes.

"It seems that it is very close, so far I have not signed anything though," Rozehnal told Sport. "If nothing special happens, then I will most likely move to Newcastle.

"Certainly [i am happy that Newcastle have won the race]. I take it as an appreciation of my work.

"After the unsuccessful season with PSG I take it as a kind of award and I am glad that it is exactly this club.

"Newcastle have a rich history, great facilities and the club has a great name.

"My dream has always been to play in Spain, Nevertheless, when I was young I used to watch the Premier League as well.

"Manchester, Liverpool and Newcastle were all clubs I liked most. I remember the legendary Alan Shearer, Newcastle really are a huge club."

Rozehnal's agent Pavel Zika has also explained that Magpies boss Sam Allardyce was central to the player's decision to move to Tyneside.

"The interest of Newcastle has been on a long-term basis and very reputable," said Zika.

"He [Allardyce] was already interested in David when he was coaching Bolton."

Yeah, cheers for that David. B)

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

David Rozehnal has spoken of his imminent move to Newcastle, with the Czech defender excited by the chance to play at the same club as 'the legendary Alan Shearer'.

The Czech defender is expected to shun interest from Sevilla and sign a four-year deal at St James' Park on Monday when he jets into the North East for a medical.

The Magpies have come to an agreement with Rozehnal's club Paris Saint Germain and the international defender admits he is excited at the prospect of donning the famous black and white stripes.

"It seems that it is very close, so far I have not signed anything though," Rozehnal told Sport. "If nothing special happens, then I will most likely move to Newcastle.

"Certainly [i am happy that Newcastle have won the race]. I take it as an appreciation of my work.

"After the unsuccessful season with PSG I take it as a kind of award and I am glad that it is exactly this club.

"My dream has always been to play in Spain, Nevertheless, when I was young I used to watch the Premier League as well.

"Manchester, Liverpool and Newcastle were all clubs I liked most. I remember the legendary Alan Shearer, Newcastle really are a huge club."

Rozehnal's agent Pavel Zika has also explained that Magpies boss Sam Allardyce was central to the player's decision to move to Tyneside.

"The interest of Newcastle has been on a long-term basis and very reputable," said Zika.

What I was thinking. Tell him to fuck off to special Spain B)

him and taylor be good.

Do you know anything about Jim/Ronnie Rozenhal, 2b ?? Does anyone, apart from Large Sam, know anything about him?? At an inflated transfer price of £3m he is hardly at the top of every top club's transfer target list.

B)

To be fair to him, i think he means something more like "exceptional" in that if nothing out of the ordinary occurs to change the situation then he'll be signing for NUFC.

Just hope if he does sign that he's good as its dragged on a fair old while now!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ted/6232364.stm

Magpies close to Rozehnal capture

Newcastle are close to completing the signing of David Rozehnal from Paris St Germain after the defender arrived on Tyneside to seal the deal.

The 26-year-old Czech international will hold talks and have a medical ahead of making a move believed to be worth around £2.7m.

Rozehnal has 34 caps and played for Czech side Olomouc before moving to Belgium side Bruges and then PSG.

He is expected to sign a four-year contract with Newcastle.

"The definite agreement was reached - David goes to Newcastle," the player's agent Pavel Zika told www.idnes.cz last Friday.

German club Borussia Dortmund and Spanish side Sevilla had also been interested in Rozehnal, but Newcastle appear to have won the race to sign him.

The Magpies initially had a £2m bid rejected for Rozehnal, while Dortmund are believed to have tabled £2.7m before Newcastle upped their bid.

Rozehnal began his career in his home country with Sigma Olomouc and twice won the Belgian title with Bruges before his move to PSG in 2005.

Newcastle boss Sam Allardyce is keen to bring in central defenders after releasing Titus Bramble, Craig Moore, Oguchi Onyewu as well as left-back Olivier Bernard.

He tried to sign ex-Bolton centre-back Tal Ben Haim but missed out as the Israel international opted to join Chelsea.

Allardyce has also been linked with a move for 33-year-old Liverpool stalwart Sami Hyypia and Marseille skipper Habib Beye.

Hyypia made 29 appearances for the Reds last season but has seen Jamie Carragher and Daniel Agger establish themselves as Liverpool's first-choice centre-back partnership.

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=4...set+to+Czech+in

Rozehnal set to Czech in

Paris Saint Germain's David Rozehnal has arrived in the North East to finalise his move to Newcastle United.

The Magpies have held off stern competition to land the Czech defender - a story first revealed on skysports.com.

Newcastle boss Sam Allardyce tried to sign Rozehnal in January for Bolton, but he finally looks to have secured his man for his new club.

Both Borussia Dortmund and Sevilla showed a strong interest, but it was Newcastle who managed to strike a deal with PSG.

Allardyce made strengthening his defence his main priority, after securing deals for Mark Viduka and Joey Barton earlier this month, and Rozehnal looks set to put pen-to-paper in the next 48 hours.

26 is a good age for a centre half. sounds like he's highly rated too but has anyone actually seen him play? i know nothing about this lad

He looks too skinny to me. Sell him. After booing him, naturally :huh:

26 is a good age for a centre half. sounds like he's highly rated too but has anyone actually seen him play? i know nothing about this lad

hes 27 next month

He looks too skinny to me. Sell him. After booing him, naturally :huh:

:date:

Is he left footed?

Left footed cd's are always cursed.

Great stuff, good to see big Sam ripping the defence up and starting fresh, long may it continue.

tbh, the defence was already ripped up. Bramble had been shown the door before Large Sam came, Moore had decided to leave, Babayaro is, well, Babayaro and Carr has been shown to be inferior to Solano.

I would think it fairly obvious to the Large fella that the defence needed serious surgery.