England Rubbish

Rob W

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SWP.

I must have forgotten how many times he created something from all the opportunities he had in the first half - please remind me :D

As far as I am concerned, SWP flattered to deceive. There is no doubt he was the main outlet in the first half - obviously the English plan from the start - but what did he do when given the opportunities??????? NOTHING of any note that I can think of. Please remind me.

For my money, both SWP and Luke Young looked like fish out of water and this was against poor opposition.

Mind you, the rest of the team were no better.

Apart from Hargreaves, of course! Who tried to sign him? Was it Boro? I bet whoever it was, the supporters are over the moon that he didn't come.

Was there a match on last night?

29991[/snapback]

Aye. Apparently, before it we were dead certs to win the World Cup and after it we're now dead certs to not even qualify.

29995[/snapback]

I had a fiver on draw half-time England full-time. You cold say I was in a slightly better mood at half-time than I was at full-time. In fairness to Northern Ireland though, they deserved it.

Apart from Hargreaves, of course! Who tried to sign him? Was it Boro? I bet whoever it was, the supporters are over the moon that he didn't come.

29996[/snapback]

I bet Chelsea fans are happy. They nearly got Sven!

SWP.

I must have forgotten how many times he created something from all the opportunities he had in the first half - please remind me :D

As far as I am concerned, SWP flattered to deceive. There is no doubt he was the main outlet in the first half - obviously the English plan from the start - but what did he do when given the opportunities??????? NOTHING of any note that I can think of. Please remind me.

For my money, both SWP and Luke Young looked like fish out of water and this was against poor opposition.

29996[/snapback]

Phew, normality restored. I thought I'd seen a different game until I saw your post.

SWP was shite last night. They kept giving him the ball, he kept losing it.

SWP.

29996[/snapback]

Phew, normality restored. I thought I'd seen a different game until I saw your post.

30047[/snapback]

But ironically we still looked more threatening with him on the pitch than with him off.

29996[/snapback]

I bet Chelsea fans are happy. They nearly got Sven!

29999[/snapback]

They also narrowly missed out on Souness...

For Hargreaves: He is playing brilliantly at club level at the moment...

SWP.

29996[/snapback]

30047[/snapback]

But ironically we still looked more threatening with him on the pitch than with him off.

30059[/snapback]

I disagree. As soon as Cole came on he played in two dangerous crosses which both were goalscoring chances. Did SWP create one chance whatsoever?

Wright Phillips had a mare last night like. Just one of those games for him, couldn't do nowt right. On a more serious note, I wish the BBC would get rid of his dad who's an irritating non-coherent wanker.

30089[/snapback]

It was funny to see Ian Wright sat there totally seething but it was so unprofessional for a pundit wasn't it. As you say he was pretty incoherent. As for Wright-Phillips, he had a mare but I still think Sven took the easy option in bringing him off and Leaving Lampard, Beckham and Gerrard on. By the time he did change things formation wise we were one-nil down and it was too late.

30081[/snapback]

What role does he play for Bayern?

30152[/snapback]

He hasn't a fixed position. IIRC in the three league games this season he played at left back, a holding role in midfield and as a right winger.

30081[/snapback]

30152[/snapback]

He hasn't a fixed position. IIRC in the three league games this season he played at left back, a holding role in midfield and as a right winger.

30223[/snapback]

Although he did nearly get caught in possession a couple of times. To lay any blame for last night's defeat at Hargreaves' door is an absolute joke.

30081[/snapback]

30152[/snapback]

30223[/snapback]

Although he did nearly get caught in possession a couple of times. To lay any blame for last night's defeat at Hargreaves' door is an absolute joke.

30233[/snapback]

It's Michael Owen's fault from now on man. He'll be the new 'forward letting the team down by playing a system around him'.....I have forseen it.

Wright Phillips had a mare last night like. Just one of those games for him, couldn't do nowt right. On a more serious note, I wish the BBC would get rid of his dad who's an irritating non-coherent wanker.

30089[/snapback]

It was funny to see Ian Wright sat there totally seething but it was so unprofessional for a pundit wasn't it.

30092[/snapback]

It's to be expected of him though...

Anyone remember when we played Argentina in the WC back in '98? Lineker, Hansen & Wright were all stood in the stands summarising rather than inside a studio. Cue Ian Wright turning round and hurling a shed-load of abuse to the Argie fans below him....

Never again did the summarising take place outside of a studio!

Unproffesionalism is surely the best thing for pundits. Otherwise you get top3 tonge arsing bummers like Andy Gray...viva la resistance, Redknapp, Dowie and Ian Wright !!!

Hargreaves is dreadful, the problem is he will play again with Sven as manager.

4-4-2 should be played no matter what. Even without Owen, we could of used Defoe or Heskey FFS!

Beckham can't play DM, it should be Parker or Gerrard.

Ian Wright is a twat like. Excellent centre forward, but a wanker on and off the pitch. There was a few on the SMB saying they admired his honesty and he was a breath of fresh air to punditry. No he's not, he's an arse of the highest order who gets away with it for some reason. What I always hated about Wrighty was the way he would bring the race card into every debate. I know that when he started playing football racism was still ripe in football, but Wrighty has spent his career using it as an excuse for his wankerish behaviour. A lot of good work has been put in to kick racism out of football, and imo Wrighty has done more to hinder it than help it with his outburts.

Edited by sweetleftpeg

Unproffesionalism is surely the best thing for pundits . Otherwise you get top3 tonge arsing bummers like Andy Gray...viva la resistance, Redknapp, Dowie and Ian Wright !!!

Hargreaves is dreadful, the problem is he will play again with Sven as manager.

4-4-2 should be played no matter what. Even without Owen, we could of used Defoe or Heskey FFS!

Beckham can't play DM, it should be Parker or Gerrard.

30288[/snapback]

I'm not saying he shouldn't be opinionated, it's just he sat there like a little sulking with absolutely nothing worthwhile to say. I would also add that perhap having his adopted son in the side prevented him fro msaying what he really thought about Sven and his tactics.