Smokers suck

Kevin Carr's Gloves

you actually think there is a safe way to smoke

Of course there is (even ignoring general passive smoking <_<), whether it would be practical or technically smoking is another issue however. <_<

I think your credibility ends here

It's better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all. :lol:

So are we banning motorbikes or not?

why are we banning motorbikes again? your logic is so out there I tend to lose track of your point

You were banning them because they don't kill you I think (along with miners who DO kill you). :drinks:

how was I banning motorbikes? it's you that's banning motorbikes. I'm banning smoking in the workplace

You are, that explains a lot then. Do you do a nice side line in non-smoking signs?

no idea what's going on in your head regarding miners

It was your example, don't blame me because it was a stupid one. :outahere:

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a truth that you handily can't prove

And you can "prove" your claim how exact? :lol:

Oh yes you CANNOT. <_<

Ventilation is just a matter of physical, a silly air barrier that doesn't ventilate the room, but tried to make two separate atmospheres it proof of nothing, just that an over engineered "solution" often isn't best one.

always was about the workers, whatever you claim

Oh really...... here's what the health secretary just said about it:

The new Health Secretary, Alan Johnson, welcomed the ban saying that tackling the causes of illnesses saved lives.

"A smoke-free country will improve the health of thousands of people, reduce the temptation to smoke and encourage smokers to quit," he added.

Yup all about there "workers" that. :outahere:

Anymore ass you want to spew?

so why all the intricate separations in the law regarding home/work/public/private etc?

why is it hundreds of people can all enjoy a bit of passive smoke until one waiter steps into the room?

you're as clueless about this as you are about ventilation systems

Someone told me yesterday that it's now illegal to smoke in your own home 20 minutes before a gas engineer or electric man etc is due a visit.

If this is true it's a disgrace, the bastards usually call unexpected anyway

No, it's not illegal (yet anyway, but in California the first place to bring this legislation in it is or soon will be illegal to smoke in tenant blocks with shared air ducting systems).

However yes, at least one council is saying that you shouldn't smoke in your home at least 1 hour before any of their staff visit. I guess the "penalty" is them simply going away if you have been (although how they tell I dunno).

Of course there is (even ignoring general passive smoking <_<), whether it would be practical or technically smoking is another issue however. <_<

why are we banning motorbikes again? your logic is so out there I tend to lose track of your point

You were banning them because they don't kill you I think (along with miners who DO kill you). :drinks:

how was I banning motorbikes? it's you that's banning motorbikes. I'm banning smoking in the workplace

You are, that explains a lot then. Do you do a nice side line in non-smoking signs?

still waiting for an explanation as to why miners are different to bar staff

Oh yes you CANNOT. <_<

Ventilation is just a matter of physical, a silly air barrier that doesn't ventilate the room, but tried to make two separate atmospheres it proof of nothing, just that an over engineered "solution" often isn't best one.

The new Health Secretary, Alan Johnson, welcomed the ban saying that tackling the causes of illnesses saved lives.

"A smoke-free country will improve the health of thousands of people, reduce the temptation to smoke and encourage smokers to quit," he added.

Yup all about there "workers" that. <_<

so why all the intricate separations in the law regarding home/work/public/private etc?

I would imagine because they wouldn't want to draft a law that accidentally bans smoking in peoples home, mostly because that would lose them votes and maybe even an election.

I admit Labour is notorious for sloppy and creeping legislation, but even they are NOT that sloppy.

Or do you think laws are something vague that people have written on the back of a bar mat? :drinks:

why is it hundreds of people can all enjoy a bit of passive smoke until one waiter steps into the room?

Again technicality of law and the definition of "private" and "public" place.

Which is why even smoking clubs are not allowed to smoke under the legislation.

I'm still waiting for your "proof" (ignored the bit where you're shown to be an idiot as usual I see :outahere:).

Any environment can be ventilated to remove almost anything, this issue is always cost.

Guest alex

I've asked a couple of times what Alex is on about and got no reply. If anyone else wants to explain, go for it please

I think you're Vic.

Much as I'm waiting for an explanation as to why bar staff weren't issued masks if that was the only issue, or indeed why bar staff lives are worth more than miners.

Still, of course, ignoring the fact that passive smoking kill next to no one a year.

Oh yes you CANNOT. <_<

I would imagine because they wouldn't want to draft a law that accidentally bans smoking in peoples home, mostly because that would lose them votes and maybe even an election.

I admit Labour is notorious for sloppy and creeping legislation, but even they are NOT that sloppy.

Or do you think laws are something vague that people have written on the back of a bar mat? :drinks:

I'm still waiting for your "proof" (ignored the bit where you're shown to be an idiot as usual I see :outahere:).

Any environment can be ventilated to remove almost anything, this issue is always cost.

your cluelessness being the fact anyone in the industry would spend that money on ventilation rather than have a ban

and there are a good many pubs where fitting the neccessary false ceilings etc was in fact impossible

and you can have smoking clubs under this law, strange if this is actually a private health bill no?

Oh yes you CANNOT. <_<

your cluelessness being the fact anyone in the industry would spend that money on ventilation rather than have a ban

They'd be expensive, hard to enforce and police and quite simply wouldn't have the other health benefits they are hoping to achieve with the ban.

and there are a good many pubs where fitting the neccessary false ceilings etc was in fact impossible

Possibly, although visible ducting would be an option, or even (shock horror) a voluntary no smoking policy!

and you can have smoking clubs under this law, strange if this is actually a private health bill no?

No you cannot, you can have a group of friends in your own house, but that's not the same thing at all (irrespective of whether staff are involved).

Much as I'm waiting for an explanation as to why bar staff weren't issued masks if that was the only issue, or indeed why bar staff lives are worth more than miners.

Still, of course, ignoring the fact that passive smoking kill next to no one a year.

would you be happy to be served by someone in a gas mask? would you be happy to be forced to wear a mask to do the same sort of job that for most other people doesn't have such ridiculous requirements? clearly you have no concept of employment law

and I'm pretty sure 'passive smoking' is not a legal cause of death, again if you really insist the only things we ban are things that can kill you

And you can "prove" your claim how exact? ;)

Oh yes you CANNOT. :P

Yup all about there "workers" that. :icon_lol:

Or do you think laws are something vague that people have written on the back of a bar mat? :icon_lol:

I'm still waiting for your "proof" (ignored the bit where you're shown to be an idiot as usual I see ;)).

They'd be expensive, hard to enforce and police and quite simply wouldn't have the other health benefits they are hoping to achieve with the ban.

Possibly, although visible ducting would be an option, or even (shock horror) a voluntary no smoking policy!

No you cannot, you can have a group of friends in your own house, but that's not the same thing at all (irrespective of whether staff are involved).

you can gather as many people as you want and call it a smoking club

Guest alex

I've asked a couple of times what Alex is on about and got no reply. If anyone else wants to explain, go for it please

I think you're Vic.

Victoria Beckham?

Queen Victoria?

Viceroy of India?

throw me a bone here

If you aren't and you don't understand forget it. If you are however... ;)

I think you're Vic.

Victoria Beckham?

Queen Victoria?

Viceroy of India?

throw me a bone here

The lady doth protest too much, methinks. ;)