Any doctors/nurses here?

menace13

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yesterday when I first read this, I wondered if you were just having a joke ie the reply made by doc ken .. now I know you are serious. How old are you ? Not that it matters, but whatever you are you should get along to the hospital / doctors asap.

27913[/snapback]

I just counted how quick my heart beats and I had 60 beats in 40 seconds.

I gotta go first thing in the morning with my brother tomorrow.

Might be either because,I swallow alot of chewing gum/have lot of sugar or something similar.

27917[/snapback]

Quite fast but still not enough to make your heart explode

yesterday when I first read this, I wondered if you were just having a joke ie the reply made by doc ken .. now I know you are serious. How old are you ? Not that it matters, but whatever you are you should get along to the hospital / doctors asap.

27913[/snapback]

I just counted how quick my heart beats and I had 60 beats in 40 seconds.

I gotta go first thing in the morning with my brother tomorrow.

Might be either because,I swallow alot of chewing gum/have lot of sugar or something similar.

27917[/snapback]

Quite fast but still not enough to make your heart explode

27936[/snapback]

Yeah hes right 62 beats in 40 seconds is the exploding heart rate, just dont make any movements or anything and you should be safe enough. If you can, carry a length of electrical wire (bare at one end) with a plug on. If you feel your heart stop, just plug it into the mains and connect the bare wires to your chest, shout "Stand back" to yourself and flick the switch.

Disclaimer: In no way should the advice of anyone who has a picture of a cartoon bear as an avatar ever be followed.

Oh yes, and another thing that I didn't say previously - though your age would make it unlikely. It's also a bit reminiscent of sleep apnia, what with tiredness and raised heart rate and such. I don't suppose anyone really sees you sleep much, but just on the off chance, has anyone commented on you stopping breathing in your sleep - possibly for reletively long periods (15-60 seconds, say), before suddenly taking a deep intake of breath?

Pulse rate of 45 here.  Like a finely tuned athlete. :D:razz:

27996[/snapback]

are you actually alive or are you in a coma? as I thought the average was meant to be 72 bpm.

28006[/snapback]

Yeah, the average? I'm superhuman.

Pulse rate of 45 here.  Like a finely tuned athlete. :lol::D

27996[/snapback]

Aye, but your dodgy arrythmia means you're missing a few beats that should actually be there :razz:

Edited by catmag

Get checked out, you can have Arrhythmia without realising it.

rrhythmias are disorders of the regular rhythmic beating of the heart. They're common — as many as 2.2 million Americans are living with atrial fibrillation (one type of rhythm problem). Arrhythmias can occur in a healthy heart and be of minimal consequence. They also may indicate a serious problem and lead to heart disease, stroke or sudden cardiac death. The goal of this site is to help the public and healthcare professionals learn more about arrhythmias, and ultimately reduce disability and death from heart disease and stroke. Do your part by learning the facts and taking the steps needed to understand and control arrhythmias.

27805[/snapback]

I think I'm lost...

Pulse rate of 45 here.  Like a finely tuned athlete. :lol::razz:

27996[/snapback]

are you actually alive or are you in a coma? as I thought the average was meant to be 72 bpm.

28006[/snapback]

28019[/snapback]

Isn't a slow pulse also a result of obesity? You are not superhuman, you're just superfat. :D

Edited by Isegrim

I think I'm lost...

28025[/snapback]

Right mate, you see the Famous Person Above thread..yeah? well you go past that straight on and you'll see a thread on your right, pass that yeah? and the next one n'all, then take a left at the Gemmills hung like a... thread and first right at the first "I hate souness" thread, then take the second "Help" thread at the fourth roundabout and its there on your left.

Pulse rate of 45 here.  Like a finely tuned athlete. :lol::razz:

27996[/snapback]

28006[/snapback]

28019[/snapback]

Isn't a slow pulse also a result of obesity? You are not superhuman, you're just superfat. :D

28028[/snapback]

In fairness, he's more chubby than obese.

Pulse rate of 45 here.  Like a finely tuned athlete. :sing::lol:

27996[/snapback]

28006[/snapback]

28019[/snapback]

Isn't a slow pulse also a result of obesity? You are not superhuman, you're just superfat. :sing:

28028[/snapback]

28514[/snapback]

:razz:

And to be fair to Alex, he's more shaven than bald. :D

Pulse rate of 45 here.  Like a finely tuned athlete. :sing: :sing:

27996[/snapback]

28006[/snapback]

28019[/snapback]

Isn't a slow pulse also a result of obesity? You are not superhuman, you're just superfat. :sing:

28028[/snapback]

28514[/snapback]

:razz:

And to be fair to Alex, he's more shaven than bald. :D

28526[/snapback]

Half and half, I'd say :lol:

I keep feeling my heart stop beating somehow?

It only happens for a second or so...Fucking weird.

It feels like I'm bout to go sleep then it beats again and I wake up.

It's happened around 2-3 times now I think.

27748[/snapback]

have you been?

Update:Went doctors and they were the most useless piece of crap ever,measured my heart rate,''You're going to go the Hospital for a Blood test''Stupid nobs could of told me that before waiting 2 and abit hours.

So yeah as soon as my first weekend from school,I gotta go to get a blood test to see what's up.

Update:Went doctors and they were the most useless piece of crap ever,measured my heart rate,''You're going to go the Hospital for a Blood test''Stupid nobs could of told me that before waiting 2 and abit hours.

So yeah as soon as my first weekend from school,I gotta go to get a blood test to see what's up.

28790[/snapback]

Not even slightly suprising. Did they sound like they were giving you a blood test for a reason, or was it just a "well, I'm fucked if I know, let's give this a try..."?

28790[/snapback]

I reckon they should have opened your chest cavity for a look there and then. :blink:

28790[/snapback]

I reckon they should have opened your chest cavity for a look there and then. :blink:

28959[/snapback]

Serious subject I know (and I hope everything with you is okay Menace) but I couldn't help laughing at that comment.

;):razz::(