West Ham In For Dyer

David Kelly

Guest stevieintoon
I don’t want to leave – KieronJul 20 2007

by Luke Edwards, The Journal

SAM Allardyce will resist any attempt by West Ham United to sign Kieron Dyer after the England international assured the Newcastle manager yesterday that he does not want to leave the club.

Dyer’s future on Tyneside has been the subject of much speculation this summer, but the midfielder has told team-mates he is not thinking about a move as he gears up for the start of his ninth season at St James’s Park.

In return, Allardyce has promised the 28-year-old a pivotal role in his new-look side as he attempts to put the final touches to his squad before the close of the transfer window next season. Allardyce is still looking to sign at least four new defenders and is not interested in selling Dyer.

The Journal understands that, despite rumoured interest from West Ham, both men have been greatly impressed with each other and that any bid will be rejected.

A source close to Dyer said: “Kieron does not know anything about a move to West Ham, it is not something which concerns him at the moment. There have been stories linking him with a number of clubs this summer, but he is only thinking about Newcastle United.

Story continues

ADVERTISEMENT

“Sam Allardyce has made a very good impression and he is happy with his plans for the side. A lot has changed behind the scenes and Kieron is convinced they will have a positive impact on the team’s fortunes.

“It is that time of year when players are always being linked with moves, but Kieron expects to be a Newcastle player next season. He is not unhappy.”

A move for Dyer would appear to be highly unlikely. While things would have perhaps been different if Glenn Roeder had remained in charge, his good relationship with the new manager suggests he is willing to stay and prove his detractors wrong. Nevertheless, nothing can be ruled out in an increasingly hectic summer of transfer activity.

Alan Oliver is an arsehole. With Shepherd's heed doon, and no apparent ally in the toon camp, it appears Anal has resorted to making stories up, because everyone at the club is aware of what a cock he is. Hopefully Sam Allardyce is aware of the many derogatory comments handsome has made about him in the past, and gives him no one on one time like the last bloke and FFS. Get Oliver out.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's face it, Dyer is one of these players that the press have always overated as a footballer. We see a season after season of him not delivering and then a boat load of cockney ex-footballers go on Sports Saturday every month and tell the world Dyer is a 'triffic player'.

A source close to Dyer said: “Kieron does not know anything about a move to West Ham, it is not something which concerns him at the moment. There have been stories linking him with a number of clubs this summer, but he is only thinking about Newcastle United.

“Sam Allardyce has made a very good impression and he is happy with his plans for the side. A lot has changed behind the scenes and Kieron is convinced they will have a positive impact on the team’s fortunes.

“It is that time of year when players are always being linked with moves, but Kieron expects to be a Newcastle player next season. He is not unhappy.”

Out of interest, does anybody have any idea where these type of quotes come from? Is it the agent?

£10m for Rossi? Not on what he showed here.

That said, I think he'll turn out to be a very good player. Probably in Serie A though.

Rossi wanted far too much time on the ball from what I saw. He has quick feet, but he'll not get that time in the PL. As you say Alex, he'll do well in Italy ; especially if he's playing off a big striker.

Guest stevieintoon

Out of interest, does anybody have any idea where these type of quotes come from? Is it the agent?

Could be anyone, agent, wife, team mate.

When Alan Oliver is saying it though, it's ALWAYS Freddie Shepherd, trust me on that, but FFS has been very quiet of late, still recovering I presume, so AO has resorted to cheap journalism.

When Alan Oliver is saying it though, it's ALWAYS Freddie Shepherd, trust me on that, but FFS has been very quiet of late, still recovering I presume, so AO has resorted to cheap journalism.

I heard a story, ITK-tastic etc. From a good source though. Anyway: Bobby Robson went to Shepherd complaining about stories that kept getting leaked to the press and (more specifically) the Evening Chronicle. Robson was demanding the 'mole' be found and sacked. Shepherd told him he was the source. I can believe it like.

Guest stevieintoon

I heard a story, ITK-tastic etc. From a good source though. Anyway: Bobby Robson went to Shepherd complaining about stories that kept getting leaked to the press and (more specifically) the Evening Chronicle. Robson was demanding the 'mole' be found and sacked. Shepherd told him he was the source. I can believe it like.

It's more than believable Alex, it is in fact a fact. Souness hated Oliver, and when he spoke about conditions existing at Newcastle that he had experienced no where else, I believe he was on about Shepherd's relationship with Oliver, and leaked information.

It's more than believable Alex, it is in fact a fact. Souness hated Oliver, and when he spoke about conditions existing at Newcastle that he had experienced no where else, I believe he was on about Shepherd's relationship with Oliver, and leaked information.

Aye, I can't stand Souness but I can believe managing Newcastle was a unique experience, even for someone with his background. I'm fairly certain it's true by the way.

I'd believe that. FFS uses the chronicle as his mouthpiece.

Not sure if propoganda is the right term(!), but there's rarely a bad word to be said about the club. The only negative stuff is about players who Anal has personal vendetta's against. It's a joke how close Oliver is to the club in their relationship, and you have to be careful if you get on his bad side.

£10m for Rossi? Not on what he showed here.

That said, I think he'll turn out to be a very good player. Probably in Serie A though.

Was a class act mind for Parma.

I thought he showed glimpses of what he had for us too. He was played up front alone iirc (or at least without a decent partner) and he's never that sort of player. But he had some good movement, an excellent touch and showed good strength I thought. I don't know why Roeder signed him on loan though as he barely used him. I think he could have been played with Martins at home on occasion.

Big Sam planning Dyer talks

Newcastle manager Sam Allardyce plans talks with Kieron Dyer after the midfielder was linked with a move to West Ham.

After the Hammers lost new signing Julien Faubert for six months with a ruptured Achilles earlier this week, there was talk Dyer was on their hitlist.

Allardyce insists the 28-year-old remains part of his plans at St James' Park but said: "I suppose I will have to have a chat with Kieron to see if he thinks there is anything in it and if there is, we will discuss it privately from there.

"But at the moment, there is no bid from West Ham, so until Alan Curbishley rings me or the chief executive rings (chief operating officer) Russell Cushing, then there would be no discussion.

"It has been rumoured in the papers and sometimes there is no smoke without fire.

"But if there's a bid going to come in, I would probably expect a phone call over the weekend because they have lost one of their new players.

"Whether there is some interest there now, I don't know. Kieron Dyer is not a player I would particularly want to lose, but one never knows at this stage of the season what's going to happen."

big sams right, dyer offers somthing other players dnt, pure pace nad a great burst of acceleration worth at least 8-10mil if we were to sell, specially as hes still in the england fold

big sams right, dyer offers somthing other players dnt, pure pace nad a great burst of acceleration worth at least 8-10mil if we were to sell, specially as hes still in the england fold

Zidane was never blessed with outstanding pace or a great burst of acceleration but I know who I'd rather have had in my team.

but thats not the point, we dont have zidane at our disposal.... of course any one wud rather have z z, but not many have pure pace like dyer so hes a must keep

Know what you're saying there. If the squad was a bit bigger though I think now might have been the time to cash in since as others have mentioned he seems to have lost some of his stamina even if he still does have the pace. David Kelly was spot on about him being a very important player under Robson though.