Zheng reveals English suitors

khay

Chinese international Zheng Zhi has revealed Premiership outfits Newcastle and Birmingham City are interested in his services.

The Shandong Luneng star enjoyed a successful loan spell with Charlton Athletic last season and is keen for a move back to England.

Speaking to reporters in Kuala Lumpur last week, the 26 year-old named Newcastle and Birmingham as the two clubs which were ready to offer him a new loan deal.

"At present, two English teams are keen on signing me. They are Newcastle United and Birmingham City," he said.

"Newcastle are a big club, so it is exciting if I could play for them."

Carson Yeung, the Hong Kong businessman who recently became Birmingham's biggest shareholder, is believed to be pushing for a deal to bring the Chinese international to St Andrews.

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=4...tball_home&

hes shit!! He only had one good game when i saw him, and that was against our defence, i repeat OUR DEFENCE. I really hope this is a load of shit made up

Edited by NobbySol

I don't think he looked good when he played us anyway - all he did was score with a tame unmarked header.

I was quite impressed with him that game tbh.

They did a feature on him but from what I recall they just showed his movement and didn't show him do much really useful other than the goal.

I don't think he looked good when he played us anyway - all he did was score with a tame unmarked header.

I was quite impressed with him that game tbh.

They did a feature on him but from what I recall they just showed his movement and didn't show him do much really useful other than the goal.

From what I remember we pretty much dominated the first half (knew we were going to fuck it up though) but he was involved in a lot of good things they did in the second half. Certainly remember coming away impressed by him as I hadn't heard of him before then.