Keane has a pop at the WAGs.

Guest alex

Not sure Beckham counts tbh. His wife followed him to Madrid and while she may not be everyones cup of tea, she's entitled to also make decisions for the family. I agree with a lot of what Keane says about WAGS, but the Beckhams have been married for many years. I have no problem with give and take in a relationship.

IIRC he wasn't so sure about going there as she wasn't then she went there and liked it and suddenly so did he. She then spend a lot of time in the arsehole of the universe for her "singing" career, but that wasn't because she didn't like Madrid, just she needed to be there to feed her publicity machine.

Now the truly scary thing is that I know this when frankly I'm 100% sure the world would be a much better place without Posh spice and I couldn't care less what she did/does, but it shows the power of media osmosis.

I'm making the point that in football women are seen as accessories. The fact that she "dares" to have a career is treated with derision. She's more successful than anyone I know to be fair and sold millions of records. Manufactured or not, it's still her that did it.

Nah the Spice Girls were successful for several reasons (although mostly because they were precisely built to be), but Posh in and of herself did next to nothing solo (but bomb - she can't even sing... at all), in fact the only thing she's really done is create the WAG tbh, which is an impressive feat of media manipulation I admit, but it's nothing to be proud of or to be respectful of, and push Beckham's image into the stratosphere (which is actually fairly impressive - but again was basically done by doing anything and everything to keep him in the papers).

At the end of the day I very much doubt he'd have gone to the USA now (and possibly ever) if it didn't fit her plans.

Football is no different to manufactured pop to be fair. <_<

Nah in football you do need some talent.

In the pop industry you just need to be presented and timed correctly with someone good at whipping up the media behind you (talent is completely optional).

Being a pop star DOES takes talent...you have to be able to get a reaction and the Spice Girls did that. However vacuous you may think the profession is, putting together a band is as difficult as putting a successful football team together. We are all football fans, but at the end of the day it's no more worthy a pastime than pop music. Footballers are generally uneducated and athletic and spend their youths practicing non-stop. I assure you that it's no different to the kids who go to dance classes and sing karaoke, hoping for a break.

I agree with the main thrust of Keane's point about slappers who just want to be on the TV by shagging a footballer, but Victoria Beckham was independently wealthy and arguably the bigger star when she and Beckham got together. The thing I was objecting to was the sexist tone prevailing. You often hear footballers referring to "the wife" and although not sexist in itself, there is the air of women being second class citizens.

Are they not? :huff:

:woosh:

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure Beckham counts tbh. His wife followed him to Madrid and while she may not be everyones cup of tea, she's entitled to also make decisions for the family. I agree with a lot of what Keane says about WAGS, but the Beckhams have been married for many years. I have no problem with give and take in a relationship.

IIRC he wasn't so sure about going there as she wasn't then she went there and liked it and suddenly so did he. She then spend a lot of time in the arsehole of the universe for her "singing" career, but that wasn't because she didn't like Madrid, just she needed to be there to feed her publicity machine.

Now the truly scary thing is that I know this when frankly I'm 100% sure the world would be a much better place without Posh spice and I couldn't care less what she did/does, but it shows the power of media osmosis.

I'm making the point that in football women are seen as accessories. The fact that she "dares" to have a career is treated with derision. She's more successful than anyone I know to be fair and sold millions of records. Manufactured or not, it's still her that did it.

Nah the Spice Girls were successful for several reasons (although mostly because they were precisely built to be), but Posh in and of herself did next to nothing solo (but bomb - she can't even sing... at all), in fact the only thing she's really done is create the WAG tbh, which is an impressive feat of media manipulation I admit, but it's nothing to be proud of or to be respectful of, and push Beckham's image into the stratosphere (which is actually fairly impressive - but again was basically done by doing anything and everything to keep him in the papers).

At the end of the day I very much doubt he'd have gone to the USA now (and possibly ever) if it didn't fit her plans.

Football is no different to manufactured pop to be fair. :huff:

In the pop industry you just need to be presented and timed correctly with someone good at whipping up the media behind you (talent is completely optional).

Being a pop star DOES takes talent...you have to be able to get a reaction and the Spice Girls did that. However vacuous you may think the profession is, putting together a band is as difficult as putting a successful football team together. We are all football fans, but at the end of the day it's no more worthy a pastime than pop music. Footballers are generally uneducated and athletic and spend their youths practicing non-stop. I assure you that it's no different to the kids who go to dance classes and sing karaoke, hoping for a break.

I agree with the main thrust of Keane's point about slappers who just want to be on the TV by shagging a footballer, but Victoria Beckham was independently wealthy and arguably the bigger star when she and Beckham got together. The thing I was objecting to was the sexist tone prevailing. You often hear footballers referring to "the wife" and although not sexist in itself, there is the air of women being second class citizens.

Are they not? :woosh:

I think you're confusing the WAGs with the WOGs in your big book o' prejudice. <_<

Stay at home Dad gets ideas above his station <_<

Whats with everyones arse licking of the twat. A few players turned him down, probaby because they reckon sunderland have roughly the same team as last year and will probably be relegated, so hes taken a paddy and had a moan on about it.

How the fuck does he know that it was the wives decisions? Maybe they just fancied playing for West Ham or Fulham instead of moving to a shithole like sunderland!

Whats with everyones arse licking of the twat. A few players turned him down, probaby because they reckon sunderland have roughly the same team as last year and will probably be relegated, so hes taken a paddy and had a moan on about it.

How the fuck does he know that it was the wives decisions? Maybe they just fancied playing for West Ham or Fulham instead of moving to a shithole like sunderland!

:woosh::huff:

Stay at home Dad gets ideas above his station <_<

Not for much longer, managed to wangle my way back to work, all be it part time :o Never thought I'd type that sentence. And if you hear any motehrs whingeing on about how hard it is staying at home blah, blah, blah, tell them to go and fuck themselves with the bairns rattle, it's a fucking doddle, in fact so easy and boring I've opted to go back to work before I turn into a right sad fucka like J69

I think you're confusing the WAGs with the WOGs in your big book o' prejudice. <_<

Easy mistake for me to make tbh :o

Not for much longer, managed to wangle my way back to work, all be it part time :huff: Never thought I'd type that sentence. And if you hear any motehrs whingeing on about how hard it is staying at home blah, blah, blah, tell them to go and fuck themselves with the bairns rattle, it's a fucking doddle, in fact so easy and boring I've opted to go back to work before I turn into a right sad fucka like J69

Who also works full time :woosh: ?

Guest Patrokles
He is right in the main but heaven fucking forbid someone puts their family before their career.

Not sure that statement is entirely applicable to this.

Football is no different to manufactured pop to be fair. :woosh:

It takes some talent and knowledge to PUT a band like that together, it takes very, very, very little of anything to BE in band like that however.

Spice Girls and many others proved this beyond doubt (West Life genuinely could not sing for example).

Football requires a natural talent to even have a shot, pop singing just needs someone skilled at media manipulation and a bit of money behind you (you don't have to be able to sing, dance or even look good to do it - although they all may help).

The two things could NOT be more different, you cannot train someone to score like Shearer, but you can train almost anyone to carry a tune (look at Keating - he was beyond terrible) good enough to make a pop record.

Always respected Keane for speaking his mind and generally I agree with a lot of what he has to say.

It's getting harder to attract players to the North-East as a lot of foreigners like the looks of London.

It was class on SSN

they had miss sunderland on talking about the subject of shops, in front of a TK Maxx :woosh:, and a tanning salon next to a £1 shop

and they were interviewing the mackems asking where a wag would go in Sunderland and notone of them dared say they would skip it and go to Newcastle,

Plus a scoucer e-mailed in saying something like

''Keane is just bitter he couldnt get the players he wanted, they would have no problem playing in sunderland and living in newcastle which is voted one of the top ten shopping cities in the world and one of the top ten party places ect....

Sunderland is a dive tbh :huff:

It takes some talent and knowledge to PUT a band like that together, it takes very, very, very little of anything to BE in band like that however.

Spice Girls and many others proved this beyond doubt (West Life genuinely could not sing for example).

Football requires a natural talent to even have a shot, pop singing just needs someone skilled at media manipulation and a bit of money behind you (you don't have to be able to sing, dance or even look good to do it - although they all may help).

The two things could NOT be more different, you cannot train someone to score like Shearer, but you can train almost anyone to carry a tune (look at Keating - he was beyond terrible) good enough to make a pop record.

You have no idea what you are talking about. <_<

The reason I mentioned putting together a good football side is that "manufactured" pop is looked down on. Well, football success is manufactured. The modern player is told what to eat, what to say, when to train, what to do on the pitch and somehow if the same is applied to a band it's a huge outrage.

If you think I'd pay good money to see you up on stage wiggling your arse and going "doop -dee- doop" you're quite mistaken sonny Jim. :woosh:

I'll ask you this question too, if no talent is required to be a pop star, why isn't EVERYONE a pop star? :o

It was class on SSN

they had miss sunderland on talking about the subject of shops, in front of a TK Maxx :woosh:, and a tanning salon next to a £1 shop

and they were interviewing the mackems asking where a wag would go in Sunderland and notone of them dared say they would skip it and go to Newcastle,

Plus a scoucer e-mailed in saying something like

''Keane is just bitter he couldnt get the players he wanted, they would have no problem playing in sunderland and living in newcastle which is voted one of the top ten shopping cities in the world and one of the top ten party places ect....

Sunderland is a dive tbh :huff:

Think she walks about all day with that sash on?

You have no idea what you are talking about. :huff:

I do, you however seem pretty clueless I agree.

The reason I mentioned putting together a good football side is that "manufactured" pop is looked down on. Well, football success is manufactured. The modern player is told what to eat, what to say, when to train, what to do on the pitch and somehow if the same is applied to a band it's a huge outrage.

None of which matters a jot unless you HAVE talent, unlike the pop business where talent is by the by.

If you think I'd pay good money to see you up on stage wiggling your arse and going "doop -dee- doop" you're quite mistaken sonny Jim. :woosh:

Plenty of morons happily pay for much, much less. <_<

I'll ask you this question too, if no talent is required to be a pop star, why isn't EVERYONE a pop star? :o

Because it takes backing and money. Natural talent counts for very little if you haven't got both.

Have you ever seen what the spice girls were before the were IN the spice girls? They were pretty much all terrible, hopeless, clueless and talentless all they had was that they wanted to be famous. That is it.

They got lucky and were picked to be part of the Spice Girls (which was a very clever and at the time fairly orginial concept - but required very little from those in the band), but then again so could of 1000's of others.

None of which matters a jot unless you HAVE talent, unlike the pop business where talent is by the by.

Because it takes backing and money. Natural talent counts for very little if you haven't got both.

Have you ever seen what the spice girls were before the were IN the spice girls? They were pretty much all terrible, hopeless, clueless and talentless all they had was that they wanted to be famous. That is it.

They got lucky and were picked to be part of the Spice Girls (which was a very clever and at the time fairly orginial concept - but required very little from those in the band), but then again so could of 1000's of others.

They ditched the people who put them together and secured a deal with 19 and Simon Fuller. Then they sacked him and took his percentage.

Seriously, you have no idea and anyone reading this with half a clue how the industry works will know that too. You seem to think that pop music requires people to be great singers...it doesn't and never has. The singers and musicians who back up the people at the front however couldn't sell out a pub.

hate keane so much for what he did ti haaland was a sick challange. Class player and knows what he's talking about but unless he somehow wins something with scumderland i will always remember him for that challenge

Not for much longer, managed to wangle my way back to work, all be it part time :huff: Never thought I'd type that sentence. And if you hear any motehrs whingeing on about how hard it is staying at home blah, blah, blah, tell them to go and fuck themselves with the bairns rattle, it's a fucking doddle, in fact so easy and boring I've opted to go back to work before I turn into a right sad fucka like J69

Who also works full time :woosh: ?

I meant you're a sad bastard in general <_<

You have no idea what you are talking about. <_<

Plenty of morons happily pay for much, much less. :o

I'll ask you this question too, if no talent is required to be a pop star, why isn't EVERYONE a pop star? :P

They ditched the people who put them together and secured a deal with 19 and Simon Fuller. Then they sacked him and took his percentage.

Seriously, you have no idea and anyone reading this with half a clue how the industry works will know that too. You seem to think that pop music requires people to be great singers...it doesn't and never has. The singers and musicians who back up the people at the front however couldn't sell out a pub.

Given that AF hass been trying FOR FUCKING EVER to make it in the music business (just ask his wife, poor fucker has to go out to work and leave him sat plinky plonkying on his keyboard!), I'm gonna have to side with him on this one. :huff::o

Given that AF has been trying FOR FUCKING EVER to make it in the music business (just ask his wife, poor fucker has to go out to work and leave him sat plinky plonkying on his keyboard!), I'm gonna have to side with him on this one. :woosh::o

:huff:

Fact.

I did just get some music picked for a TV ad though:

http://www.sharps.co.uk/video/TVcomm.html

:o

I'll get there yet!! <_<

Edited by Asprilla's foreskin

Any bloke who chooses a team because of the standard of shops for his WAG is weak and pathetic. If it weren't for their astronomical wages then the lazy bints would have to shop at Next like the rest of us and have to do a day's work.

Well actually they just didn't resign a contract, then nicked the master recordings of their work from the studio and then went around offering themselves be for eventually being introduced to him through and intermediary.

Not particularly surprisingly after they fired him the band fell apart and nose dived.

Seriously, you have no idea and anyone reading this with half a clue how the industry works will know that too. You seem to think that pop music requires people to be great singers...it doesn't and never has.

Yes that was my point (yours was something about needing no talent to be a footballer or something).

The singers and musicians who back up the people at the front however couldn't sell out a pub.

Given the right media management and publicity a monkey with diarrhoea could. Just look at the singing frog.