College fuckwits

Sicklee Sausage Roll

Both my courses at college have been cancelled due to 'low enrolment'.

That's understandable, but what boils my piss is that they sent me the letter telling me this TWO DAYS before my course was due to start. ON A FUCKING WEEKEND so I can't call them for a refund, or call another college to quickly organise my courses elsewhere.

Why wait till the last minute before telling me? They should have a cut-off date before the course starts, to allow people to make arrangements if something like this happens.

It's like they don't want other colleges getting your business, so if they can't accomodate you, they sabotage your chances to go elsewhere.

Inconsiderate cock-ends, the lot of 'em. :lol:;):razz:

That sounds really shoddy.

Which College is that?

If I were you, first thing Monday you should get in touch with another College, and see what they can do for you. They might be able to sort something out for you, without you having to have missed too much.

That sounds really shoddy.

Which College is that?

If I were you, first thing Monday you should get in touch with another College, and see what they can do for you. They might be able to sort something out for you, without you having to have missed too much.

31175[/snapback]

Tyne Metropolitan (Wallsend)

I've been ringing round and e-mailing frantically, trying to sort something out. :lol:

Which courses were you enrolled on SSR?

31177[/snapback]

GCSE Psychology and GSCE Sociology. Dipping me toe in, see if it interests me.

I'm going to become a sandal-wearer - I've even taken to reading the Guardian. :lol:

It's a bit hard reading these 'quality' newspapers. I'm still on Chapter 2 of Wednesday's.

Edited by Sicklee Sausage Roll

I did GCSE Psychology when I needed to fill up my timetable for my GCSE resits. Was quite interesting, was only a one year course and came out with a C. Anyway good luck on getting another college sorted out, they should still be taking people in now.

Two years ago, I did a HEFC (University access course for mature students - equivalent of A-levels) in Sociology at Newcastle College.

I picked Sociology as my third choice, not knowing much about it at all, but I found it really interesting and easy to understand.

Edited by Tom_NUFC

Both my courses at college have been cancelled due to 'low enrolment'.

That's understandable, but what boils my piss is that they sent me the letter telling me this TWO DAYS before my course was due to start. ON A FUCKING WEEKEND so I can't call them for a refund, or call another college to quickly organise my courses elsewhere.

Why wait till the last minute before telling me? They should have a cut-off date before the course starts, to allow people to make arrangements if something like this happens.

It's like they don't want other colleges getting your business, so if they can't accomodate you, they sabotage your chances to go elsewhere.

Inconsiderate cock-ends, the lot of 'em.  :lol:  ;)  :razz:

31167[/snapback]

That's pretty naff. My course starts on Tuesday and I'd be gutted if they cancelled it now (*quickly checks post*) because I'm really starting to look forward to it..

They were probably taking enrolments until yesterday, hence you only finding out now, but it would've been obvious that not many were signing up and they could have given you some sort of advance warning that it may be cancelled so you could look elsewhere.

i did a level law in a year, total piece of piss. they gave us 10 years worth of old exam papers. each paper has 10 questions and you have to answer 3. the same 4 topics were on every single paper, cut my revision time by about 70percent. tits!

31441[/snapback]

My lass got an A in her A-Level Law. I tried the paper without ever studying the subject and did quite well too :razz:

The degree is fooooking rock hard though. She's on for a 2-1, I don't think I'd do quite as well :lol:

As for the 'ology courses - what a waste of time! (in my opinion of course ;))

31177[/snapback]

I'm going to become a sandal-wearer - I've even taken to reading the Guardian. :icon_lol:

It's a bit hard reading these 'quality' newspapers. I'm still on Chapter 2 of Wednesday's.

31183[/snapback]

ten thousand welcomes m'boy

Two years ago, I did a HEFC (University access course for mature students - equivalent of A-levels) in Sociology at Newcastle College.

I picked Sociology as my third choice, not knowing much about it at all, but I found it really interesting and easy to understand.

31186[/snapback]

I'm going for an aptitude test tomorrow at Newcastle College. They've advised me to take an HEFC, and I'll probably choose Psychology.

The person I spoke to reckoned I should just take the one now, to see how I get on with the workload. As I'm getting a higher qualification than the one I originally applied for, I don't mind the delay.

31177[/snapback]

I'm going to become a sandal-wearer - I've even taken to reading the Guardian. :icon_lol:

31183[/snapback]

ten thousand welcomes m'boy

31743[/snapback]

I see they've changed the size for me. That's nice of them...

31186[/snapback]

I'm going for an aptitude test tomorrow at Newcastle College. They've advised me to take an HEFC, and I'll probably choose Psychology.

The person I spoke to reckoned I should just take the one now, to see how I get on with the workload. As I'm getting a higher qualification than the one I originally applied for, I don't mind the delay.

31834[/snapback]

I did three HEFCs in one year. Sociology, English Language and History. I'd been a way from education for a few years, but easily got back into it. The work load, even with three on the go I found very managable. Yes, they're the equivalent of an A-Level, but they've been designed for mature students, people who have been away from education for a long time, and who may not have got any previous academic qualifications. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

word of warning though, if you just do one or two HEFC's, you'll have to pay for them.

If you do three, you'll qualify as a full time student and ALL of them will be free.