Newcastle United VS Everton FC

Tom

smith looks twice the player up front than he does in midfield. much more like it from him.

emre injected some creativity into central midfield, took his goal well and should start the next game alongside either butt or geremi.

n'zogbia and enrique looked an encouraging prospect as a pair down our left flank.

nice to see we've got options in central defence too with faye looking assured. i'd actually have taylor as our 4th choice centre half on this season's form.

good performance after the city debacle and result going into the international break.

N'Zogbia played on the right most of the game.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Smith looks twice the player up front than he does in midfield. much more like it from him.

Emre injected some creativity into central midfield, took his goal well and should start the next game alongside either Butt or Geremi.

N'Zogbia and Enrique looked an encouraging prospect as a pair down our left flank.

Nice to see we've got options in central defence too with faye looking assured. I'd actually have taylor as our 4th choice centre half on this season's form.

Good performance after the city debacle and result going into the international break.

FYP

I like the look of our defence yesterday, better than we have had for a long time, Cacapa makes such a difference, Enrique will just get better and better, Smith was far more menacing and played well up front where he should be, Butt ran the midfield and Emre created loads for the short time he was on, he deserved his goal, Owen looked pretty sharp considering and was great to see him bag one, well chuffed with the 3 points and 3 canny goals as well.

All I've heard this morning at work is how shite people think Martins is - "can't hit a barn door with a banjo" etc....

He reminds me very much of Mirandinha but with pace. Can belt a ball hard but more often than not, it's not troubling the goalkeeper.

It's OK being able to run and smack it hard but he could really do with compensating some of that for using his head a bit more. He's a bit like a headless chicken just making runs on the fly rather than reading what's going on.

Smith looks twice the player up front than he does in midfield. much more like it from him.

Emre injected some creativity into central midfield, took his goal well and should start the next game alongside either Butt or Geremi.

N'Zogbia and Enrique looked an encouraging prospect as a pair down our left flank.

Nice to see we've got options in central defence too with faye looking assured. I'd actually have taylor as our 4th choice centre half on this season's form.

Good performance after the city debacle and result going into the international break.

FYP

I just read that whole thing looking for what you'd changed, didn't see it until I scrolled back up Which do you reckon people find more annoying?

Edited by ObaGol

FYP

well done matt. do you carry your teacher's bags for her too?

Smith looks twice the player up front than he does in midfield. Much more like it from him.

FYP

Unfortunately, cleva cloggs MattM4 missed one. Tut Tut !! :razz:

Smith looks twice the player up front than he does in midfield. Much more like it from him.

FYP

Well spotted. Where were you yesterday anyway? I thought you were coming to the Trent.

When we actually passed it around, instead of hoofing it up the park, we looked reasonably good. Everton are never an easy team to play yet I thought they were there for the taking yesterday.

The ref was a complete joke. Some of his decisions were mind-numbingly bad imo.

Am I to assume it was Gemmill who started the booing when Martins was subbed? Trouble was, the rest who joined in with the booing did so at XXXL Sam's decision, not knowing it was Gemmill demonstrating his abject hatred of our Nigerian :D:razz:

btw, if you feckers care to check back a wee while to when we were trying to sign Martins, you will see a certain S.Hips tell you that Martins misses too many chances!!! Listen to your uncle Hips, he knows what he's talking about! :D:D:DB)

FYP

Well spotted. Where were you yesterday anyway? I thought you were coming to the Trent.

I was going to apologise for my absence yesterday. Sorry. I was watching the Gooners taking the pub team apart and before I knew it, it was nearly 2pm. It was after half two before I got to the ground. I couldn't go afterwards as Miss hips was home and plans were afoot. Once again, my apologies.

FYP

I was going to apologise for my absence yesterday. Sorry. I was watching the Gooners taking the pub team apart and before I knew it, it was nearly 2pm. It was after half two before I got to the ground. I couldn't go afterwards as Miss hips was home and plans were afoot. Once again, my apologies.

OK, I'll let you off.

FYP

Hehe, good even. Just proves my point it's annoying since when I skimmed through, didnt even notice he mentioned Taylor.

FYP

Hehe, good even. Just proves my point it's annoying since when I skimmed through, didnt even notice he mentioned Taylor.

:D I missed Taylor !!! I was referring to the capital M at the start of the second sentence !! :D

watched game on Football First. Was expecting Martins to have played really badly in general given all the abuse I've seen. Thought he didn't play too badly apart from that miss 4 mins in. To be fair to the lad, he has no right to even be in with some of the chances he gets, because he makes most of them himself with his pace and power. 4 in 6 starts ain't the worse return. Thought the defence looked solid. Cacapa and Faye could be a regular fixture this year.

Emre was the difference for us, fantastic strike, and brought a sense of urgency to the midfield at a crucial point in the game. He needs to start against spurs with Smith thankfully being out. Smith did play well yesterday up top with a couple of nice touches and the sort of aggressiveness that defenders are left confused by up top.

Was impressed with Enrique also. Looks fairly dependable on that performance and made some useful tackles. His understanding with the Zog can only grow, hopefully they will end up being good mates off the field also given their similar ages, this may make a difference in on-field understanding.

Team for Spurs given no injuries.

---------------------Given

Beye-------Faye------------Cacapa------Enrique

--------------Butt------------Emre

Geremi------------------------------------Zog

--------------Viduka

--------------------------Martins (Owen if he's fit enough to start after internationals =/)

Unleash that thug Barton if we struggling at the break =)

Just seen the Motd highlight... that was another very poor miss by Martins. Funny also even with the very short highlights you could tell starting Milner on the left and Zoggy on the right was costly and quite simply moronic

They started on the opposite sides to that and changed half way through the first half tbh.

Milner needs to shoot more often. There were loads of times yesterday when he eventually managed to cut in and could've had a crack but opted instead to pass it either sideways or backwards.

Emre won us the game, top class performance when he came on.

Concurred. I'm beginning to wonder whether both he and Barton may work in the centre together. Geremi needs to be pushed out on the right (Milner's lack of pace is beginning to get on my nerves) and Butt should be dropped.

Concurred. I'm beginning to wonder whether both he and Barton may work in the centre together. Geremi needs to be pushed out on the right (Milner's lack of pace is beginning to get on my nerves) and Butt should be dropped.

geremi's no express train tbh. although i imagine his delivery from out wide is better than milner's.

Geremi's the one that needs dropping tbh. He'll be far less use than Milner on the wing anyway.

I thought Geremi had a decent game yesterday and moved the ball around well, he plays a similar sort of way as Gilberto at Arsenal in that he keeps it simple and tries to keep the game ticking over, I don't think it's helped the midfield with Barton being injured and us not having someone to link midfield and attack.

Milner on the other hand is a decent squad player but we should be looking for better, far too slow and he doesn't have the ability on the ball to make up for it.

I thought Geremi had a decent game yesterday and moved the ball around well, he plays a similar sort of way as Gilberto at Arsenal in that he keeps it simple and tries to keep the game ticking over, I don't think it's helped the midfield with Barton being injured and us not having someone to link midfield and attack.

Milner on the other hand is a decent squad player but we should be looking for better, far too slow and he doesn't have the ability on the ball to make up for it.

i agree. it's his lack of pace combined with poor final ball that lets him down out wide. he might do a better job through the middle but i'd be looking for new right winger in the january sales if i was big sam.

beckham on loan anyone?

Geremi's the one that needs dropping tbh. He'll be far less use than Milner on the wing anyway.

Very very wrong