Kid Rock

Guest James_coDurham

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Number one, fuckfaces!!

From the Detroit Free Press:

It's hard to write a hit, says Kid Rock. Really hard to write two or three.

But when you're 36, well into a career that isn't always kind to longevity, and you've crafted one of your biggest smashes yet, well ... you may have pulled off something else altogether.

With his new album soaring in to a No. 1 national debut — the first chart-topper of his career — it’s a good time to ask: How did Kid Rock suddenly become bigger than ever?

Thompers you brainless twat, even Black Lace made it to number one with Aggadoo (probably in your collection anarl), it's no measure of talent.

Andrew WK : I Get Wet

NME rating: 8/10

Andrew WK makes music like bodybuilders pump iron. His sound is furious, muscular and relentless...

Having effortlessly slipped past The Strokes in the last month as the most hyped artist of the year, Andrew WK - a 22 year old hairball who thinks dogs are angels - suddenly finds himself annointed as the saviour of music. It's a big job, but after hearing this album, you can't help feeling if anyone's going to pull it off, it's going to be him.

By now, you'll doubtless have already heard his debut single 'Party Hard' and realised Andrew WK makes music like bodybuilders pump iron. His sound is furious, muscular and relentless - not to mention camp, dangerous and slightly insane. It's also no fluke, because the whole of this precocious debut follows exactly the same blueprint.

'I Get Wet' is an amazing experience. It's a record made entirely of raw eggs and steak, it's for people who like the smell of hot crack in the morning and if we were to write a review in a similar style it would have to be ENTIRELYINCAPTIALLETTERSWITHOUTANYPAUSESATALL.

Recorded at the cost of a quarter of a million dollars, its state-of-the-art production has been designed to crush anyone who comes within a 100 yard radius of it. It takes driving anthemic rock as its starting point (think Van Halen, Abba, Springsteen, The Ramones and Slayer) and then offers a 35-minute rush of adrenalized mayhem built solely to relay WK's unique philosophy on life (ie, let's party until we a) puke or B) die of exhausation).

Every song here is identical. It's entirely one-dimensional, but - hey - what a dimension. In a world dominated by nu-metal bands with issues or British acoustic groups with girl trouble, 'I Get Wet' offers a thrillingly hedonistic alternative, operating at such a primeval level it's frightning. 'She Is Beautiful' is about seeing a girl and shouting "She is beautiful!!!!" 'I Get Wet' - with its apocalyptic brass and Wagnerian intensity - is about getting so excited you wet yourself. 'I Love NYC' is about, well, we're sure you get the picture...

In this tsunami of tightly-compressed power chords and bulging biceps, it's hard to pick out highlights, but special mention must be made of 'Girls Own Love' (a re-recording of his first US single 'Girls Own Juice') with its stone-age take on the battle of the sexes ("You got to make her understand/That you are a man!") and the synth-strafing 'Party 'Til You Puke', which comes flooding out of the speakers with all the sensitivity of a Nuremberg rally. Resistance is futile, and the only question now is - having ripped apart modern rock music - what's Andrew WK going to do for an encore?

James Oldham

Reviews (1)

I rest my case. :razz:

Ban the cunt I reckon. My mate has just buried his wife today after losing her fight to cancer, 29 i think she was, leaving behind a 4 year old daughter

Fuck off prick.

How the fuck is your mates dead wife remotely anything to do with me? Fucking arsehole.

Anyone who finds cancer funny is a top shelf cunt imo, deserve a lifetime ban imo and a good fucking hiding

Guest James_coDurham
Ban the cunt I reckon. My mate has just buried his wife today after losing her fight to cancer, 29 i think she was, leaving behind a 4 year old daughter

Fuck off prick.

How the fuck is your mates dead wife remotely anything to do with me? Fucking arsehole.

Anyone who finds cancer funny is a top shelf cunt imo, deserve a lifetime ban imo and a good fucking hiding

I never said I found it funny you fucking grade A cock.

Fuck off prick.

Find it perfectly ok to use it as an excuse to wind someone up though?

Cock!

Guest James_coDurham

Fuck off prick.

Find it perfectly ok to use it as an excuse to wind someone up though?

Cock!

Indeed. I don't find suicide funny when it happens to good people, but if you committed it I wouldn't exactly be in tears.

Guest James_coDurham
and thats why people think you are a dick.

Not really. People made hanging jokes when Saddam was executed, as they didn't like him. If it was an innocent loving mother of two being hanged, people wouldn't have been so pleased. Hence why I am happily able to imagine the prospect of something bad being inflicted upon you and yours, whilst still thinking cancer is terrible, which it is.

Most normal people wouldn't use cancer as a way to wind someone off the net up. Are you trying to compare me to Saddam? :razz:

Plus you said people who get cancer deserve it because they are cunts? Now this has changed to people who know me and get cancer are cunts I take it?

Backtracking a little bit aren't you, you brown toothed charver!

Guest James_coDurham
Most normal people wouldn't use cancer as a way to wind someone off the net up. Are you trying to compare me to Saddam? :razz:

Plus you said people who get cancer deserve it because they are cunts? Now this has changed to people who know me and get cancer are cunts I take it?

Backtracking a little bit aren't you, you brown toothed charver!

You infested yet or what?!

Guest James_coDurham
Oww look its the funny boy again.

Die. As painfully as possible. (Note: Other posters don't take this as me thinking death to good people is funny)

Guest James_coDurham
Dick.

I love the way you dish out the provocation, and as soon as I say something back it's "OMG how can you say that, you're such a cunt" and "Dick" etc. if you can't take it, don't dish it out.

Guest James_coDurham
Yep taking the piss out of your brown tooth is exactly the same as saying I wish your mum dies slowly and painfully so you have to watch. :razz:

So I'm just better at getting to you...?

Guest James_coDurham
No you are just a cunt, as everyone keeps telling you. Some people have a little more respect, I expect you just weren't brought up right like over charvers I know.

I was brought up immaculately. I'm everyones best friend. I get on great with the majority. I don't need forum buddies like you do.

No you are just a cunt, as everyone keeps telling you. Some people have a little more respect, I expect you just weren't brought up right like over charvers I know.

I was brought up immaculately. I'm everyones best friend. I get on great with the majority. I don't need forum buddies like you do.

The mates who wont go to Newcastle with you :razz:

Brought up not being shown how to brush your teeth isn't a good start B)

Guest James_coDurham

The mates who wont go to Newcastle with you :razz:

Brought up not being shown how to brush your teeth isn't a good start B)

I do brush my teeth.

My mates will go to Newcastle with me, if we are in agreement that we desire to do so.

Guest James_coDurham

The mates who wont go to Newcastle with you B)

Brought up not being shown how to brush your teeth isn't a good start :D

Speaking of which, inviting me to make a trip to newcastle so that you could confront me is a bit charverish isn't it?

AL FUKIN THREATEN THOU ONLINE OOO! AL FUCKIN LIFT THOU! :razz: Soft charver cunt.