Kid Rock

Guest James_coDurham

yeah that would of been the usual reply but seventeen pages in this thread needed some ending. so i tried.

and failed.

and what's the film you worked on? sounds interesting?

www.withoutwiresfilm.co.uk

It was quite a good screening and we got he loudest cheer.

Plus artillery in a cinema sounds cool :)

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah that would of been the usual reply but seventeen pages in this thread needed some ending. so i tried.

and failed.

and what's the film you worked on? sounds interesting?

www.withoutwiresfilm.co.uk

It was quite a good screening and we got he loudest cheer.

Plus artillery in a cinema sounds cool :)

Have you fucked Maxine Pickles yet Tom?

Guest alex
Playing at half time during the Superbowl etc. but yeah, suggesting the word peak with him warrants a ":)"

Fucking clueless arsehole

Do you think the peak or an artist's popularity coincides with their artistic peak? Stevie Wonder played the Superbowl a few years ago and so did Diana Ross but they've been shite for years. Kudos on sticking to your guns though :)

I can't really understand when people argue too much about what is essentially a matter of taste. If you like it, who cares what everyone else thinks?

Because people are passionate about their own tastes and have made emotional investments, as such they feel the need to proclaim their own taste and defame anothers.

oh and we're all argumentative knob heads :)

oh and Big Thompers, you're using the "Popularity" defence, does that mean Westlife is better than Kid Rock? Prince? Cher? UB40?

idiot boy.

I can't really understand when people argue too much about what is essentially a matter of taste. If you like it, who cares what everyone else thinks?

Because people are passionate about their own tastes and have made emotional investments, as such they feel the need to proclaim their own taste and defame anothers.

oh and Big Thompers, you're using the "Popularity" defence, does that mean Westlife is better than Kid Rock? Prince? Cher? UB40?

idiot boy.

:angry: liking it, you're on fire the day fish, fins of fury :)

Guest BigThompers

idiot boy.

Yes, it does. Not that either of those are my cup of tea, but I surely wouldn't shoot anybody down saying "OMMMMMMG MAINSTREAM AS FUCCCCCCK, MEDIA CONSCIOUS SHITE FFFFFFS", if they claimed that they were good artists, as the figures clearly suggest that they are. I'm not arrogant enough to dismiss multi-million selling artists that consistently sell records as talentless.

Edited by BigThompers

Guest BigThompers

idiot boy.

:angry: liking it, you're on fire the day fish, fins of fury :)

Indeed. Creativity at it's best.

Guest BigThompers
Playing at half time during the Superbowl etc. but yeah, suggesting the word peak with him warrants a ":)"

Do you think the peak or an artist's popularity coincides with their artistic peak? Stevie Wonder played the Superbowl a few years ago and so did Diana Ross but they've been shite for years. Kudos on sticking to your guns though :)

Indeed Alex. A blind man that can play the Piano. Talentless as fuck. Fucking market conscious pricks, the consumer always wanting to see a handicapped person defy the odds etc. Sympathy sales were they :angry:

Edited by BigThompers

Indeed Alex. A blind man that can play the Piano. Talentless as fuck. Fucking market conscious pricks, the consumer always wanting to see a handicapped person defy the odds etc. Sympathy sales were they :angry:

Learned by looking for his keys on the mantelpiece apparently.

And didn't Roseanne Barr once sing their national anthem at a Superbowl?

Thompers you are no better than what you accuse Patrokles of.

Yes, it does. Not that either of those are my cup of tea, but I surely wouldn't shoot anybody down saying "OMMMMMMG MAINSTREAM AS FUCCCCCCK, MEDIA CONSCIOUS SHITE FFFFFFS", if they claimed that they were good artists, as the figures clearly suggest that they are. I'm not arrogant enough to dismiss multi-million selling artists that consistently sell records as talentless.

you don't? :icon_lol:

cough/

First Album was a CLASSIC

:) :) :angry:

Leave. Leave and never come back.

Speaks the prince fan.

You say that as if there's even a comparison to be made. :blush:

I've seen Prince live, and I'm a fan of his guitar playing and his musical talent. Wouldn't call myself a Prince fan really though.

Although I would GLADLY call myself a Prince fan if the alternative was saying I'm a James Blunt fan.

One's a freak show who's name is a symbol and one is one of the most talented acoustical singer/songwriters of recent times. Aye, I know which is the least embarrassing :)

/cough

Strange, I thought you were arrogant enough....

Guest BigThompers

you don't? :icon_lol:

cough/

First Album was a CLASSIC

:) :) :angry:

Leave. Leave and never come back.

Speaks the prince fan.

You say that as if there's even a comparison to be made. :blush:

I've seen Prince live, and I'm a fan of his guitar playing and his musical talent. Wouldn't call myself a Prince fan really though.

Although I would GLADLY call myself a Prince fan if the alternative was saying I'm a James Blunt fan.

One's a freak show who's name is a symbol and one is one of the most talented acoustical singer/songwriters of recent times. Aye, I know which is the least embarrassing :)

/cough

Strange, I thought you were arrogant enough....

Where did I say that Prince wasn't talented? I wouldn't say "freak with a symbol as his name" is an inaccurate description.

Guest alex

Did you deliberately miss the rather obvious point because it conflicted with your own reasoning? I never suggested he was talentless, I love Stevie Wonder. It was literally decades after his creative peak when he played the Superbowl though. I'm not even having a go at Kid Rock because I've barely heard any of his stuff and it's up to you what you like. I do take issue with popularity automatically making an artist talented though.

Guest alex
America are hardly unique in the regard.

They probably are uniqer at it tho. :icon_lol:

I've got two words for you: David Hasselhoff.