Michael Owen and his relationship with the toon fans

Guest stevieintoon

Owen  

84 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We're in danger here of this becoming a Bellamy thread.

For me, Owen is committed and will score for us on a regular basis. It's just unfortunate, for NUFC, that his 'fitness' has coincided with numerous Engerlund games which seem to come around far more regular these days (it seems) and he got that year-long injury playing for Engerlund playing in Germany.

Committed enough to sign a contract extension?

Has he been offered one though?

Not that I've heard of, do you think he'd sign one if we were to offer him one? I don't.

I'm not sure if Allardyce wants him here anyway as he can't play in his favoured 4-3-3 formation.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest stevieintoon

For me, Owen is committed and will score for us on a regular basis. It's just unfortunate, for NUFC, that his 'fitness' has coincided with numerous Engerlund games which seem to come around far more regular these days (it seems) and he got that year-long injury playing for Engerlund playing in Germany.

Exactly Baggio. When Shepherd said "I'd carry him back for yiz" I would've been there on an open top bus with a tannoy encouraging the fat cunt on across the Pennines. Some of you are so blinded it's incredible. He's a canny bloke because he fondles a few horses on his fuckin daft Sky documentary, and comes across as a family man. All he's talked about since day one is England, and people can say because that's all that's reported from his press conferences, bollocks I say, I look forward to the day he's not here, he never wanted to be here, doesn't want to be here, and would've been away like a shot if any of "the big four" had've shown an iota of interest. You think he agent engineered talks with other clubs on the sly without him knowing? Did he fuck. When has he ever come out and said, "yeah it would be nice to look forward to a long career at Newcastle well after my contract is up"? He couldn't give a fuck, his body language is one of dejection, you look when he scored goals for the dippers he used to go mental, contrast that with his goal celebrations here. Maybe that's a poor example of why I think he's a cunt, but he is all the same.

Has he been offered one though?

Not that I've heard of, do you think he'd sign one if we were to offer him one? I don't.

I'm not sure if Allardyce wants him here anyway as he can't play in his favoured 4-3-3 formation.

Don't know. The issue doesn't really arise until he is though. The club needs to see him play well and stay fit etc. before deciding what happens and he'll want to see where the club is heading before deciding on whether to stay or (the most likely alternative) leave on a Bosman in the summer after next.

Swap deal for Bellamy................

because he's not injury-prone is he? :razz:

And so Toon-committed he treatened to fuck of if we looked at buying another striker: "I'll do what's best for Craig Bellamy" iirc

I remember Shearer saying something similar when Celtic were interested about how he'd keep his options open if he wasn't a regular or words similar to that.

Just to be clear, are you comparing Bellamy's overall behaviour at Newcastle with Shearer's? If not, what point are you trying to make there?

My point is you can't knock Bellamy's commitment to the club over comments regarding him leaving to play regular football when Shearer said something similar, does that mean Shearer wasn't committed too? What about Given? I take it he can't be fully committed because he handed in a transfer request?

Bellamy was an arsehole off the field when he was here, that doesn't take away from the fact that he was fully committed to the club.

Exactly Baggio. When Shepherd said "I'd carry him back for yiz" I would've been there on an open top bus with a tannoy encouraging the fat cunt on across the Pennines. Some of you are so blinded it's incredible. He's a canny bloke because he fondles a few horses on his fuckin daft Sky documentary, and comes across as a family man. All he's talked about since day one is England, and people can say because that's all that's reported from his press conferences, bollocks I say, I look forward to the day he's not here, he never wanted to be here, doesn't want to be here, and would've been away like a shot if any of "the big four" had've shown an iota of interest. You think he agent engineered talks with other clubs on the sly without him knowing? Did he fuck. When has he ever come out and said, "yeah it would be nice to look forward to a long career at Newcastle well after my contract is up"? He couldn't give a fuck, his body language is one of dejection, you look when he scored goals for the dippers he used to go mental, contrast that with his goal celebrations here. Maybe that's a poor example of why I think he's a cunt, but he is all the same.

He was also just a kid pretty much,

What do you expect? It's like an accountant filling in a spreadsheet for the thousandth time.

He's a professional doing a job at a professional club.

I know that differs from a local lad playing for us who would go mental with a goal at any age but thats the way it is.

Id rather have Owen here then not. Basically he's fucking class when fit and he's worth keeping for those few games a season whilst we cant attract anything better, as good or half as good.

:razz:

If our so called fans hate Owen so much why don't they start a protest after a home game and ask for him out, like the time when they asked for Dyer and co to be booted, or are the Owen haters just all full of shit?

If our so called fans hate Owen so much why don't they start a protest after a home game and ask for him out, like the time when they asked for Dyer and co to be booted, or are the Owen haters just all full of shit?

I think you will find the majority of fans have players at the club who they don't like, that doesn't mean they're full of shit for not protesting about them outside the ground. Daft lad.

I think you will find the majority of fans have players at the club who they don't like, that doesn't mean they're full of shit for not protesting about them outside the ground. Daft lad.

but if they are going to stand up in a press conference or what ever the fuck it was and say that they don't like him and other stupid fans cheer him/her then why the fuck don't they get there point across properly by protesting :razz:

Guest stevieintoon

I don't see why it would be productive to boo him, and I never booed Dyer neither. I just wish he wasn't here. Hate is too strong a word anyway, I don't think I hate anyone, the brother in law and Phil Thompson would be the closest though.

but if they are going to stand up in a press conference or what ever the fuck it was and say that they don't like him and other stupid fans cheer him/her then why the fuck don't they get there point across properly by protesting :D

:razz:

Starting protests against players for fuck all is so fucking stupid anyway, I'm sure we'd get plenty of good signings then, everyone would want to be at SJP. :D

Not saying its a good thing and I am not saying they should, but if they are going to stand up and talk shit about the lad then they may as well fucking start a protest of some sort, or maybe a hate club :razz:

Swap deal for Bellamy................

because he's not injury-prone is he? :D

And so Toon-committed he treatened to fuck of if we looked at buying another striker: "I'll do what's best for Craig Bellamy" iirc

I remember Shearer saying something similar when Celtic were interested about how he'd keep his options open if he wasn't a regular or words similar to that.

Just to be clear, are you comparing Bellamy's overall behaviour at Newcastle with Shearer's? If not, what point are you trying to make there?

My point is you can't knock Bellamy's commitment to the club over comments regarding him leaving to play regular football when Shearer said something similar, does that mean Shearer wasn't committed too? What about Given? I take it he can't be fully committed because he handed in a transfer request?

Bellamy was an arsehole off the field when he was here, that doesn't take away from the fact that he was fully committed to the club.

Fair enough, don't really want to get into a Bellamy debate anyway :razz:

Edited by alex

Starting protests against players for fuck all is so fucking stupid anyway, I'm sure we'd get plenty of good signings then, everyone would want to be at SJP. :D

Not saying its a good thing and I am not saying they should, but if they are going to stand up and talk shit about the lad then they may as well fucking start a protest of some sort, or maybe a hate club :D

Well if you don't think they should, or that it's a good idea, shut up. :razz:

Who gives a shit what he does off the pitch, he's a good player, a player who can get us where we need to be in the league, he gives his all when he's on the pitch, just as he does for England. If he happens to get injured whilst playing for England it's not really his fault, he could've just as easily got injured the other day against Everton, just a co-incidence, get off his back.

Not saying its a good thing and I am not saying they should, but if they are going to stand up and talk shit about the lad then they may as well fucking start a protest of some sort, or maybe a hate club :D

Well if you don't think they should, or that it's a good idea, shut up. :razz:

Who gives a shit what he does off the pitch, he's a good player, a player who can get us where we need to be in the league, he gives his all when he's on the pitch, just as he does for England. If he happens to get injured whilst playing for England it's not really his fault, he could've just as easily got injured the other day against Everton, just a co-incidence, get off his back.

Agree with you there

and for that you can fuck off :D

Edit: If no one did give a shit what he does of the pitch than i would start getting worried. If no one gave a shit about what Bellamy did of the pitch do you not think he might of still been here?

Edited by bawan

Guest stevieintoon

Not saying its a good thing and I am not saying they should, but if they are going to stand up and talk shit about the lad then they may as well fucking start a protest of some sort, or maybe a hate club :razz:

Who's talking shit? As far as I'm concerned it's the geeky majority on here who are talking shit. People are afraid to have an alternative view from the masses for fear of ridicule even when the obvious is staring them in the face. A member of this board was playing for my five a side team last night, and his views on Owen differ from mine and I respect his opinion, but he hit something squarely on the head by saying a lot of people on these people on message boards are geeks.

If you actually go out and speak to people in Newcastle in pubs, in bookies, in work, where ever you will find a significant minority share my views on Michael Owen, for reasons I have given numerous times, I don't just think he's a bit of a money grabbing bastard, I think he's actually a disgrace.

Edited by stevieintoon

he's probably our best player and i'm happy that he plays for us because he's always looked committed on the pitch when fit and his goal record in a toon shirt stands up. sadly his injury record doesn't.

i doubt he'd turn down an offer from liverpool or man u if they came calling, but then not many of our other players would either.

the problem isn't his commitment (which tbh is probably no different to the rest of our squad) - it's his lack of appearences in two seasons at the club.

and you have to wonder whether offering him a new contract is the best idea given his wages/appearences ratio, whether he'll even want to extend and whether any big clubs will fancy taking a punt on him with his injury record. he's still a class player when fit.

Who's talking shit? As far as I'm concerned it's the geeky minority on here who are talking shit. People are afraid to have an alternative view from the masses for fear of ridicule even when the obvious is staring them in the face. A member of this board was playing for my five a side team last night, and his views on Owen differ from mine and I respect his opinion, but he hit something squarely on the head by saying a lot of people on these people on message boards are geeks.

If you actually go out and speak to people in Newcastle in pubs, in bookies, in work, where ever you will find a significant minority share my views on Michael Owen, for reasons I have given numerous times, I don't just think he's a bit of a money grabbing bastard, I think he's actually a disgrace.

smoggeordie? :razz:

Guest stevieintoon

Who's talking shit? As far as I'm concerned it's the geeky minority on here who are talking shit. People are afraid to have an alternative view from the masses for fear of ridicule even when the obvious is staring them in the face. A member of this board was playing for my five a side team last night, and his views on Owen differ from mine and I respect his opinion, but he hit something squarely on the head by saying a lot of people on these people on message boards are geeks.

smoggeordie? :razz:

Aye NSG played for us last night, quality keeper.

And that's your standard argument against anyone who disagrees with you too, isn't it? I've met enough people off here to know they're opinionated and not sheep on Toon matters. Arguing on a message board is geeky by definition btw.

he's probably our best player and i'm happy that he plays for us because he's always looked committed on the pitch when fit and his goal record in a toon shirt stands up. sadly his injury record doesn't.

i doubt he'd turn down an offer from liverpool or man u if they came calling, but then not many of our other players would either.

the problem isn't his commitment (which tbh is probably no different to the rest of our squad) - it's his lack of appearences in two seasons at the club.

and you have to wonder whether offering him a new contract is the best idea given his wages/appearences ratio, whether he'll even want to extend and whether any big clubs will fancy taking a punt on him with his injury record. he's still a class player when fit.

You're probably right about the new contract like, I'd like to think this is the last of it but you never know. I think given a good run in the squad he'd probably turn a few heads and most people would get off his back, but he needs to get his fitness back first.

Guest stevieintoon

And that's your standard argument against anyone who disagrees with you too, isn't it? I've met enough people off here to know they're opinionated and not sheep on Toon matters. Arguing on a message board is geeky by definition btw.

I'm not arguing. I'm just telling you what I think.