On this forum....

Asprilla

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been to London a few times, everyone there was a wanker. See, I can do random generalisations as well.

33143[/snapback]

Ee!

You've travelled!

Don't tell the locals, they'll disown you for witchcraft!

You may have found Londoners to be unfriendly, I beg to differ.

The point is, people up here are always rattling on about being canny and friendly which IMO is fairly far from being true.

I have met some great people up here, but in general, I wouldn't say people are particularly friendly.

33145[/snapback]

On a serious note, I read the post about the way your wife is treated and I would say it has nothing to do with her education and working up here and more to do with the fact she works for a bunch of tossers.

33147[/snapback]

You are probably right, but there are a lot of them.

She deals with foreign employees a fair bit and they are routinely referred to as "Pakis" and their names are always mocked.

I've been to London a few times, everyone there was a wanker. See, I can do random generalisations as well.

33143[/snapback]

To be fair, there are only two types of people anywhere - wankers and liars. :)

33260[/snapback]

Cynic!!

"Actually, what are the accounts liabilities of a sole trader in the UK? I honestly don't know (that's a new one)."

Accounts and accounting periods for sole traders and partners

If you are a sole trader or partner, you can choose not to prepare formal accounts, but you still need to keep records of income and expenditure over a set accounting period. You must include this information on your self-assessment tax return, so that HM Revenue & Customs can work out your tax.

The accounting period

The accounting period starts on the day you started trading or became a partner and can end on any date - called the accounting date - that suits your business. It then normally runs for 12 months from the last accounting date.

Unless you start trading exactly 12 months from when you want your accounting period to end, your first few accounting periods - and the period over which your tax is assessed - called the basis period - may be shorter or longer than 12 months.

If you started trading on 1 March you may decide to have your first accounts made up over thirteen months to 5 April of the following year, and then 12-monthly thereafter. Or you may decide to have one month's accounts to 5 April, then 12-monthly thereafter.

Once your business has been running for two years the period on which you are taxed (the basis period) is the 12-month accounting period that ends within the current tax year.

Many businesses find it easiest to end their accounts on 5 April, in line with the end of the self-assessment year.

AF I've got to re-iterate Gemmils point you say you've found the people here to be less than friendly to you, perhaps this is a reflection to you..

for example, I've found this forum and all those that have posted on it to be generally pleasant, friendly, jovial and witty. Yet you've stated you opinion that the people on this board are exactly the opposite.

You post views passionately as do many many others and even though they may be polar generally the forum handles itself well, occassionally tempers boil over, but there doesn't seem to be genuine dislike for anyone but you (and maybe Sima).

this has nowt to do with your views, or where you're from, we've foreign posters, black posters, gay posters, women and even pikey students like me. Yet we all seem to get along, irrespective of the bigotry you accuse of us.

my point is this, maybe people are just reacting to you, maybe you're the reason you've not enjoyed the area or the forum?

You feel more powerful behind a computer and therefore have more freedom to express your extreme views...

32884[/snapback]

Oh, I see.

No, I'm actually including other forums as well as my work and social life when I say I'm considered moderate.

This forum has a really weird undercurrent of aggression and prejudice.

I can't think of many other places where defending racist jokes and making fun of the recent London bombings would be held up as virtues of free speech.

32887[/snapback]

I dont think thats right, but what i think you miss is this forum has a very different sense of humour from other forums. The general feel i get is that toon forums tend to have a much more sarcastic and ironic humour evident, probably because im a southerner i really notice it, its taken me awhile to get used to this but now i hope i take it as its meant.....very much tongue in cheek.

Theyre all (or mostly) a good bunch on here really :)

Edited by Toonraider

You feel more powerful behind a computer and therefore have more freedom to express your extreme views...

32884[/snapback]

Oh, I see.

No, I'm actually including other forums as well as my work and social life when I say I'm considered moderate.

I can't think of many other places where defending racist jokes and making fun of the recent London bombings would be held up as virtues of free speech.

32887[/snapback]

I dont think thats right, but what i think you miss is this forum has a very different sense of humour from other forums. The general feel i get is that toon forums tend to have a much more sarcastic and ironic humour evident, probably because im a southerner i really notice it, its taken me awhile to get used to this but now i hope i take it as its meant.....very much tongue in cheek.

33480[/snapback]

I think you're right there!

Cheers for the tip. :blush:

32884[/snapback]

Oh, I see.

32887[/snapback]

33480[/snapback]

I think you're right there!

Cheers for the tip. :blush:

33486[/snapback]

course I'm right.......

I'm a woman :taunt:

AF I've got to re-iterate Gemmils point you say you've found the people here to be less than friendly to you, perhaps this is a reflection to you..

for example, I've found this forum and all those that have posted on it to be generally pleasant, friendly, jovial and witty. Yet you've stated you opinion that the people on this board are exactly the opposite.

You post views passionately as do many many others and even though they may be polar generally the forum handles itself well, occassionally tempers boil over, but there doesn't seem to be genuine dislike for anyone but you (and maybe Sima).

this has nowt to do with your views, or where you're from, we've foreign posters, black posters, gay posters, women and even pikey students like me. Yet we all seem to get along, irrespective of the bigotry you accuse of us.

my point is this, maybe people are just reacting to you, maybe you're the reason you've not enjoyed the area or the forum?

33442[/snapback]

:)

32884[/snapback]

Oh, I see.

32887[/snapback]

33480[/snapback]

I think Northerners take the piss more than most. And can be harsher in their pisstaking than most too. IMO.

33442[/snapback]

:blush:

33489[/snapback]

We don't hate you Sima!

Group hug?

33442[/snapback]

33489[/snapback]

awwww sima, im sure he didnt mean that. I dont think its possible to genuinely dislike any person that you've never met in person!

33442[/snapback]

33489[/snapback]

awwww sima, im sure he didnt mean that. I dont think its possible to genuinely dislike any person that you've never met in person!

33497[/snapback]

Hey, are you the original t00nraider?

33497[/snapback]

I should really start using more smilies.

32884[/snapback]

Oh, I see.

32887[/snapback]

33480[/snapback]

I think Northerners take the piss more than most. And can be harsher in their pisstaking than most too. IMO.

33492[/snapback]

Yes, i think thats very true Gemmill, but also in my experience I've found Northerners can also be the most generous, warm, kind hearted people i know.

Why do they do that?

(seriously)

33495[/snapback]

I've no idea. But I got the piss ripped out of me something chronic at school when my parents got divorced (at around 13). I was called Billy Kramer for months. :)

33502[/snapback]

It's not just like that in the north. Do you know how much grief I got when the Spice Girls first got popular? Bastards.

Why do they do that?

(seriously)

33495[/snapback]

I've no idea. But I got the piss ripped out of me something chronic at school when my parents got divorced (at around 13). I was called Billy Kramer for months. :)

33502[/snapback]

That must have helped....

33442[/snapback]

:D

33489[/snapback]

33497[/snapback]

Hey, are you the original t00nraider?

33500[/snapback]

of course there is always the odd exception :taunt::)