Martins should leave!!!!!!

Sensiemella101

And I still wonder why he was ever sold to us, given that everyone and his dog (apparently) can see he's a future world player of the year.

No one actually has said that though, have they? The reason Inter let him go was because they had signed Ibrahimovich that summer and, given the other strikers at the club, deemed him surplus to requirements.

Some pretty much, yes.

Yes he was surplus to requirements for what he WAS/IS and what he likely will BE.

If he'd been the obvious talent (without obvious flaws) some people on here believe they'd NEVER have let him go.

That's not to say he is shit either, he isn't. But it's fairly unlikely some people on a message board have seen things in him (positive and negative) that Inter did not.

Nah. Straw-man-tastic. As per usual :D

Nope. Oba-man-tastic would be closer to the mark. :razz:

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And I still wonder why he was ever sold to us, given that everyone and his dog (apparently) can see he's a future world player of the year.

No one actually has said that though, have they? The reason Inter let him go was because they had signed Ibrahimovich that summer and, given the other strikers at the club, deemed him surplus to requirements.

Some pretty much, yes.

Yes he was surplus to requirements for what he WAS/IS and what he likely will BE.

If he'd been the obvious talent (without obvious flaws) some people on here believe they'd NEVER have let him go.

That's not to say he is shit either, he isn't. But it's fairly unlikely some people on a message board have seen things in him (positive and negative) that Inter did not.

Nope. Oba-man-tastic would be closer to the mark. :razz:

If it made sense, maybe.

Some pretty much, yes.

Nope. Oba-man-tastic would be closer to the mark. B)

If it made sense, maybe.

It does. :razz:

Frankly, the reason Inter sold him is pretty bleeding obvious, they had bucket loads of world class or close to world class strikers on the books, and he was getting more and more disgruntled at being a sub. So the club did what they had to do, they put a price tag on him, sold him before he could go on a bosman. This is my theory anyhow :D

As for Martins as a player, I remember Shearer criticizing his movement during buildups in attack, and I couldnt agree more with what he said, having seen Martins this season hes become a much better at getting himself into decent positions, unfortunately I'm not sure his criminally small brain would've allowed him to tuck them away.

The stick he gets is unjustified imo, there is no arguing that Owen is the better player as it is now, but jesus, give the boy a rest, he has several years on Owen(unless hes 38).

Lets just hope doctors get a major breakthrough in brainsurgery, and can fix his "problems".

He's more of an instinctive finisher, not unlike Bellamy actually. I.e. he finishes better when he hasn't got time to think about it.

I think we have seen this problem more than any of the other "problems that make him rubbish" this season. Against West Ham he rounds the keeper and...sends it wide. Too long to think. Hard bit's done, gets confused, blasts it.

Against the Arse he's watched the tapes of his miss a hundred times. So he tries to tap in, having again done the hard bit. It's slow enough to be cleared before it gets to the line.

Nobody is saying he'll be a world player of the year. What I am saying is that if he figures out his confidence issues and goes with his instincts (which despite the abuse are not as bad as people make out) he will bang them in regularly and there's no need to talk of selling him.

For some reason that's ball achingly funny to me :D

I am beginnng to understand y u guys have never won a major trophy despite having a lot of money to splash out every transfer season. U guys think mid table.... U yearn for star names and big players and heap scorn on any player who is not the finished article.U should ask any gooner how truly awful Henry was when he first arrived.

How great was Drogba's 1st touch his first couple of seasons?

How good is Shevchenko's 1st touch at Chelsea?

How good was Owen's 1st touch for the Reds?

The fact is the pace of this league takes sometime to get used too , and even very good players often look off the pace and ordinary. In Oba's 1st season he scored quite a lot of goals. This season his scoring rate is even better yet u guys keep b!tching bout the guy's 1st touch. The guy has spectacular goals leaking out of every f&cking orifice in his body and u guys keep B&tching about the chances he misses.

I am beginnng to understand y u guys have never won a major trophy despite having a lot of money to splash out every transfer season. U guys think mid table.... U yearn for star names and big players and heap scorn on any player who is not the finished article.U should ask any gooner how truly awful Henry was when he first arrived.

The fact is the pace of this league takes sometime to get used too , and even very good players often look off the pace and ordinary. In Oba's 1st season he scored quite a lot of goals. This season his scoring rate is even better yet u guys keep b!tching bout the guy's 1st touch. The guy has spectacular goals leaking out of every f&cking orifice in his body and u guys keep B&tching about the chances he misses.

Now hang on just a minute.

#1: We have won major trophies. We just haven't won any in the lifetimes of most on this site.

#2: Martins isn't like Drogba, Shevchenko, or Owen. For example, Shevchenko is a class player. However, The English game clearly isn't for him. Martins has adapted quite well I feel to the English game - it's his quality that people doubt.

#3: This is nonsense. Martins has scored some right crackers, and he has the creativity to come up with something spectacular, but he is inconsistent and has probably missed almost as many sitters this season as he's scored goals.

I am the last person to slag Martins off, but we can't get too carried away about him or any of our squad. He isn't the next Pele. He's a good striker who we can count on as a workhorse and who will maintain a good rate for us, but he's not Shearer or Les and he's not Drogba or Shevchenko.

Fuck off :D

Martins:

Played for a big Italian club, deemed surplus to requirements, sold for around £11m.

Henry:

Played for a big Italian club, deemed surplus to requirements, sold for around £11m.

OMFG :D

Martins:

Henry:

OMFG :D

Gejon:

Deemed an idiot by most, not by 2J though. :razz:

Zip it cunny chops.