Pretty Boy v. Hitman

Dr Gloom

Gutted for Hatton but a combo of the ref and Mayweather's ability to stop Hatton getting close or hit the body meant it was always gonna be a struggle for him.

Hadn't seen Mayweather fight before and was well impressed, his ability to punch accurately on the counter is incredible. And his style got to Hatton who got frustrated and lost his way.

They are on about a rematch but tbh I couldn't see it being any different, Mayweather is too classy a fighter and would predict Hatton to come up short again.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye, can't see a rematch goign any differently. Hatton was out of his depth moving up to welterweight against somebody that good. Shame for Hatton but if he's going to fight on he needs to do it at light-welter where he's probably still the best fighter in the world.

Aye, can't see a rematch goign any differently. Hatton was out of his depth moving up to welterweight against somebody that good. Shame for Hatton but if he's going to fight on he needs to do it at light-welter where he's probably still the best fighter in the world.

Thing is he's already proven to be the best in the world at that level so there's nowhere really to go in that, and now having been outclassed at welterweight I'd predict a fight against De La Hoya over here for a nice big purse (to add to the £5mill+ for the Mayweather fight) and then retirement defo if he wins, maybe if he loses too but being the way he is he'll not want to go out on a loss.

After dinner speaking will keep him ticking over for years.

Anyone else notice how he uses k's instead of t's sometimes?

He was on the other day saying, "I was probably a likkle bit frustrated and got a likkle bit raged".

Sounds like a 12 year old when he does it! Soft shite that he is.

He was on the other day saying, "I was probably a likkle bit frustrated and got a likkle bit raged".

TBH

TBH

;)

i'm still absolutely gutted for hatton like. i don't think i've ever been so bothered about a british boxer losing a fight before. it's probably because he's blatantly just such a good lad and he was outclassed and knocked on his arse with the whole world watching. like everyone else, i got caught up in the hopeless optimism and actually thought he had a decent chance of winning on the night.

i've been much more down about hatton losing than the england football team not qualifying for the euros. obviously that won't be the case next summer when we're twiddling our thumbs, but it's hard to give a shit about overrated and unlikable twats like lampard, ferdinand et al getting what they deserve than a top boy like hatton losing out.

ricky's blantantly the people's champion. the supprt for him in vegas was different class, although the booing of the us national anthem was absolutely childish. when are these cretins going to give it a rest? it's bad enough doing it at wembley for the football but doing it on foreign soil is beyond a joke.

There's nothing much more for Hatton to do, he had a go against the best and fell short, surely stepping back down to pick up his old title at light Welter would just be a retread, however I think I'd be tempted to bow out as a winner and a champion.

There's nothing much more for Hatton to do, he had a go against the best and fell short, surely stepping back down to pick up his old title at light Welter would just be a retread, however I think I'd be tempted to bow out as a winner and a champion.

i think he'll take the money and fight de la hoya next year at wembley. it wouldn't be the smartest move for him as a boxer as he's proven in his two fights at 147 lb that he's not a welterweight but can you imagine him being arsed about unifying the light welter division against the current champions at that weight? only witter would offer a half decent payday out of that lot and even then, it's not going to be in the same league as oscar.

i think he'll take the money and fight de la hoya next year at wembley. it wouldn't be the smartest move for him as a boxer as he's proven in his two fights at 147 lb that he's not a welterweight but can you imagine him being arsed about unifying the light welter division against the current champions at that weight? only witter would offer a half decent payday out of that lot and even then, it's not going to be in the same league as oscar.

If its money than the De La Hoya fight would be the one to go for, although I think he'd probably lose that one too, De La Hoya is too big, he's been up as far as middleweight, and I wouldn't touch Witter with a barge pole he's far too slippery and could make Hatton look like a right idiot.

If its money than the De La Hoya fight would be the one to go for, although I think he'd probably lose that one too, De La Hoya is too big, he's been up as far as middleweight, and I wouldn't touch Witter with a barge pole he's far too slippery and could make Hatton look like a right idiot.

i reckon hatton would drop witter personally. he's all mouth - who's he actually beaten?

i reckon hatton would drop witter personally. he's all mouth - who's he actually beaten?

For me its not so much who he's beaten, more so the manner of which, he's so hard to hit like so many of the Brendan Ingle fighters and would probably beat Hatton in a similar manner to Mayweather in my opinion.