Pretty Boy v. Hitman

Dr Gloom

on paper it looks like it could be a classic. both undefeated. the brawler against the boxer.

i can hatton taking him all the way but ultimately mayweather's class should be the difference between the two. i reckon floyd will win on points.

although i would love to be proved wrong. hatton is a top boy, mayweather a total arsehole. plus hatton always raises his game against the strongest opponents.

they don't come much bigger than this....if hatton wins he'll go down as the best pound for pund fighter in the world and one of britain's all-time greats.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly I think Mayweather will be too slick for Hatton, my money is on Mayweather to box and dance his way to a points decision.

I think you maybe right Jimbo but I sincerely hope you're wrong. 4 of my mates are going over, 4 nights in the MGM but after they've seen the price the tickets are going for they're thinking of selling up, can't blame them, could all be over in a few rounds.

Hatton hurts him early on you never know..

agreed, with Hatton's body punching, he's got a chance against anyone, one other thing in his favour is his agression, Las Vegas judges love agression and if it goes to points his style might just catch the eye, but I don't hold much hope of the judges doing him too many favours if it does go the distance.

Guest stevieintoon

He's 3/1 to win isn't he Hatton? Big price for a fighter to win. He's my favourite current English sportsman, totally down to earth, comes across as a cracking lad, and is a long suffering supporter of a shite team.

This sums Ricky up pmsl :)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqQigpaMAsw "get off me dick Floyd ye puff"

Anyone know what time it will start wor time, price etc..?

He's 3/1 to win isn't he Hatton? Big price for a fighter to win. He's my favourite current English sportsman, totally down to earth, comes across as a cracking lad, and is a long suffering supporter of a shite team.

This sums Ricky up pmsl :)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqQigpaMAsw "get off me dick Floyd ye puff"

Anyone know what time it will start wor time, price etc..?

£17.99 on SKY, likely to start about 5am.

on paper it looks like it could be a classic. both undefeated. the brawler against the boxer.

i can hatton taking him all the way but ultimately mayweather's class should be the difference between the two. i reckon floyd will win on points.

although i would love to be proved wrong. hatton is a top boy, mayweather a total arsehole. plus hatton always raises his game against the strongest opponents.

they don't come much bigger than this....if hatton wins he'll go down as the best pound for pund fighter in the world and one of britain's all-time greats.

Mayweather was clearly beaten by Oscar De La Hoya though, so although he's technically undefeated, he's shown he's beatable.

Mayweather was clearly beaten by Oscar De La Hoya though, so although he's technically undefeated, he's shown he's beatable.

I thought the decision was spot on personally.

Even Mayweather's dad said De La Hoya won. He took the first 4 rounds without looking in any trouble at all. I think Mayweather only won the fifth and then the last few rounds tbh.

As you pointed out in a previous post though; it depends what the judges are looking for. All of the aggresion came from DLH, and another set of judges would have given him it.

Even Mayweather's dad said De La Hoya won. He took the first 4 rounds without looking in any trouble at all. I think Mayweather only won the fifth and then the last few rounds tbh.

As you pointed out in a previous post though; it depends what the judges are looking for. All of the aggresion came from DLH, and another set of judges would have given him it.

It was a VERY close fight, I scored it a draw if I recally correctly, the official scoring was 116-112, 115-113, 113-115, which not only shows how close it was but also how different preferences in in fighting styles can provide differences in judging, which is exactly what might be in Hatton's favour.

As for Mayweather's father, he was De La Hoya's coach right up until the fight against his son so I'm not at all surprised by his comments as they are somewhat self complementary.

I think it's annoying that you don't give a crap. It's not about being a clever-dick as you seem to think, more about showing people in question and fellow posters some respect.

But I guess you don't give a crap about that either.

I think it's annoying that you don't give a crap. It's not about being a clever-dick as you seem to think, more about showing people in question and fellow posters some respect.

But I guess you don't give a crap about that either.

You need to get a fucking grip mate :)