Pretty Boy v. Hitman

Dr Gloom

8 rounsds was it? Flew by. He's done nothing wrong Ricky, like he said, he;s the one that stepped up and took on fighters above his weight. Full marks lad.

+1

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I still think Mayweather on points, but I think Hatton has an excellent chance, I've not been that impressed with Mayweather of late, I think Hatton is more focused, Mayweathers hands might play a big part if the rumours of a hand injury this week are true, one other thing in Hatton's favour is the choice of ref, Joe Cortez is the ref and I think he'll allow Hatton to grapple close and get his body shots away.

Got that one wrong didn't I !

Thought the referee was appalling, he stopped the fight far too often when Hatton got close, was always on Hattons back, but that aside, Hatton didn't go to the body enough, he might have slowed Mayweather down later on if he'd gone to body, but he did himself justice against one of the best fighters the world has ever seen, he may be a horrible, arrogant cocky prick but he is one of the best boxers to lace on a pair of gloves in my opinion.

Billy Graham fuming there like, obviously never wanted him to take the step up.

Sad thing is it looks like a blot on his career, but come on, this was a brave fight! Fuckem.

Sad thing is it looks like a blot on his career, but come on, this was a brave fight! Fuckem.

Its not a blot, he lost to an all-time great, and there are plenty of great fighters that got beaten, its no disgrace.

Credit to the ref, although he was a stupid fuck, looking at the last knockings, had he not pulled mayweather off before Ricky went down, he was winding up a killer punch.

agreed, I think it was the one thing he did get right.

Its not a blot, he lost to an all-time great, and there are plenty of great fighters that got beaten, its no disgrace.

That 'great' thing sticks in the throat for me. Maybe I haven't seen enough boxing.

What a fucking con !

Just went to set the SKY+ to record the 9am repeat and it wont let me because I've already watched it !

Thats the last time I pay for a fight with SKY, wankers.

What a fucking con !

Just went to set the SKY+ to record the 9am repeat and it wont let me because I've already watched it !

Thats the last time I pay for a fight with SKY, wankers.

Good luck paying to watch a fight on Virgin lol

Pretty much what I expected but hoped wouldn't happen. Hatton let his heart rule his head and went all for it, Mayweather knew what he was doing and clearly knew that the referee was going along with his game plan. Fair play to Mayweather afterwards, I think he afforded Hatton more respect that Hatton did him, he proved why he is considered the greatest pound-for-pund fighter around at the minute and Hatton proved that he perhaps doesn't have the accuracy or head to make it to the very top.

Fell asleep after about 5 minutes, woke up in time to see the post fight interviews. Arse. ;)

I did the very same thing for the Tyson / Bruno fight in 1996. Sat up all night waiting for it, watched Naz's fight (which I quite clearly remember was over after one punch! ..... Literally! :icon_lol:) and then fell asleep as soon as the main fight started :lol:

hatton was outclassed on the night. out thought and out boxed. fair play to him though; he put in a good shift against the best fighter in the world at the moment and he took some heavy shots before he finally went down.

his defence let him down mind and he walked on to far too many shots but the ref didn't do him any favours. he could have been a bit more gracious in defeat too - mayweather didn't come across as such a prick in the post fight interview and he sounded to me like he was hinting at the possibility of a rematch. hatton needs it like a hole in the head if you ask me. he should go back down a a weight.

you would be shot with shit for posting that on n-o jimbo ;)

felt for hatton, mayweather was class tonight ( :icon_lol: ) can see Hatton and De la hoya on the cards for next year,

Thought the referee was appalling, he stopped the fight far too often when Hatton got close, was always on Hattons back, but that aside, Hatton didn't go to the body enough, he might have slowed Mayweather down later on if he'd gone to body, but he did himself justice against one of the best fighters the world has ever seen, he may be a horrible, arrogant cocky prick but he is one of the best boxers to lace on a pair of gloves in my opinion.

Totally agree. The ref was far to fussy in those early rounds, breaking them up every other second. I can't remember ever seeing a referee interfere to that extent before.

Class told in the end and Hatton was comprehensively out-boxed. If light-middleweights have never put a dint in Mayweather, Hatton had no chance.

Totally agree. The ref was far to fussy in those early rounds, breaking them up every other second. I can't remember ever seeing a referee interfere to that extent before.

Class told in the end and Hatton was comprehensively out-boxed. If light-middleweights have never put a dint in Mayweather, Hatton had no chance.

Agree with both of these. Cortez constantly in both fighters corners done the fight no good whatsoever imo and psychologically it would have done Hatton no favours constantly having him on his case but it's no more than I expected from the Yanks, shitting themselves in case their golden boy got beat.

The point deduction was the turning point for me with Hatton losing the plot and wanting to fight like a drunken sailor whilst Mayweather playing it cool, showing his class and picking his punches at will.

Just feel heartily sorry for Hatton getting knocked on his arse, points yes, KO no, pride well and truly battered.

All in all a strange fight for me.

Why wasn't Hatton going for body shots, had ample opportunity? ;)

Agree with both of these. Cortez constantly in both fighters corners done the fight no good whatsoever imo and psychologically it would have done Hatton no favours constantly having him on his case but it's no more than I expected from the Yanks, shitting themselves in case their golden boy got beat.

The point deduction was the turning point for me with Hatton losing the plot and wanting to fight like a drunken sailor whilst Mayweather playing it cool, showing his class and picking his punches at will.

Just feel heartily sorry for Hatton getting knocked on his arse, points yes, KO no, pride well and truly battered.

All in all a strange fight for me.

Why wasn't Hatton going for body shots, had ample opportunity? ;)

Thats what I couldn't understand too, surely his bodyshots would have slowed down Mayweather down if he'd had gone to the body more, but I really think the ref had a lot to do with this, Hatton didn't get a chance to off load his bodyshots, but also Mayweather tied him up as soon as he got close.