Wankers on Newcastle Online

Guest stevieintoon

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest stevieintoon
First I've heard of it, Stevie.

Surely the club will go off the number of applications they received for the same fixture last season and get a rough idea how many they want from there?

Why would they do that, when there has been a noticable increase in our away support this season? Baring mind we filled the same allocation on a Wednesday night during a time everyones at work and not over the festive period. The year before we had 3,000 live on TV through the week. The fact Wigan's sold out with no general sale, no trains home as well, shows the demand at this time of year.

Added to the fact we've just had more than treble the number of fans at Fulham as to what we'll have at Chelsea at a more inconvenient time. Mort said he would do everything he could to get as many tickets as he could for us within reason, and in consultation with the fans. If you or anyone else thinks we'd struggle to sell a paltry 3,000 tickets at Chelsea, when the vast majority of people are off work, then that's stupid. I mean for fuck sake, it's two weeks before the game and it's sold out.

First of all I never said we'd struggle to sell out, my point is that if the club know from records of the same fixture last season that we're likely to sell out even considering the price then why would they listen to a group of fans and ask for a reduced allocation? It seems too far fetched.

If we have only got 1,500 tickets then I'd say it was more likely that Chelsea offered us a reduced allocation because they can guarantee they will sell it out with home fans at this time of year, a quick look at the official site shows they've sold out all of their tickets in the home end already.

Firstly I agree it seems far fetched and it would be funny if it wasn't true, but it's what has happened. Mort has consulted a few of them on NO about other things as well, which is good in a way because he's actively listening to the fans, but the names mentioned to me - oh dear.

Secondly, Chelsea can offer reduced allocations if they like, we are entitled to 3,000 tickets at every venue in the Premiership, so if we want them there's fuck all Chelsea can do, I thought you would've been aware of that.

Name names of the people the club are talking to off Newcastle-Online.

As for Chelsea giving us a reduced allocation, I thought clubs were allowed to give a reduced allocation for league fixtures but not cup?

I've got my ticket anyway, Shed upper, Gate 1, Row 16.

No mate.

You not getting confused with this Stevie?

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/...p?topic=47238.0

[Close]

Login Register

An Error Has Occurred!

Sorry Guest, you are banned from using this forum!

There's always this.

Thank you for your all your responses to my email last week, your input has been most helpful and appreciated.

Based on the responses from the majority of you we have decided not to take the additional allocation from Chelsea for the following reasons:

- £48 is deemed to be too expensive by some quarters and there is an unofficial boycott in place to protest this

- Cost and availability of public transport from Tyneside to London on the day of the game (line closures between Newcastle and Doncaster)

- December is an expensive month for us all and this may deter people from attending

- South East based fans will be visiting family in the North East and will therefore be less likely to be able to attend the fixture

Your input has been most helpful as it helps to provide a barometer of the feeling amongst our fans and supporters which can be difficult for us to gauge at times. It would be great if we could set up some more regular informal dialogue going forward so that you have the opportunity to input into decisions and also so that you can make us aware of potential issues/problems or simply so that you can find out some background to what's going on from time to time. We will endeavour to be as open and transparent as we possibly can.

I've just been reliably informed the club are consulting Newcastle Online admin, and selected committee members about how many away tickets the toon should be applying for.

I have to say when my source told me exactly who were on this fuckin committee I feel fuckin sick. Having been to Fulham on Saturday, a game on TV on a Saturday night, and witnessed at the very least 5,000 toon fans, I'm staggered by what we've asked for at Stamford Bridge. The neutral end at Fulham seemed to be 75% at least toon, which added to our 3,800 official tickets adds up to over 5,000, and this was a more unsociable kick off time than what Chelsea is. It confirms something I've always known, and just listening to the accents at half time, we have thousands, of people down south who support us, people can rubbish that statement but it's true, and it's not all geordie diaspora.

So anyway for the above reasons, I'm flabbergasted to say the least, that a game not on TV over the christmas period, with plenty of trains etc..., we've only asked for 1,500 tickets, it's a fuckin disgrace, and I'm not blaming Mort etc.. he's been good as gold, I'm blaming the idiots who are on this fuckin committee, the VAST majority of whom, are not from the NE (never mind Newcastle), don't go to games, and have NEVER been to an away game in their life. Two weeks before the game, and stragglers like me who always buy late, well we're fucked ;). SOLD OUT. I'll be writing to the club, about this disgrace.

Not the Baines chap I hope.

:lol:

Older than Leazes Mag that now Jon, you're a southern toon fan, and you know fine well what I'm saying is true, but if ever there was a message board fence sitter it was you, as not to offend your net mates.

I can't see why the club are asking ANY message board for this sort of info. Lets face it, the vast majority of fans DON'T use message boards. All of us do - obviously - but how many out of 50,000 use them, quite a lot of us use them because we live away from home and want to keep up with the gossip. It should be quite easy to get these figures, the club has logged the sale of away tickets for many years, there is no need to ask anybody, not even Mark Jensen, Keith Barrett. If they did, they would be given a much better estimate than 1500 too. Don't mean to criticise Mort, but his comments about spending money in january, and now this ....... they seem to be pretty naive about what football is all about.

Seems a strange move by the club, although to be fair they have established lines of contact with many of the major websites and fanzines to try to gauge opinion which is a darn sight more than has happened in the past.

However for all the reasonable criticism of the naivety over this consultation, wouldn't we otherwise be taking the bare minimum as became the norm over the latter years of the ShepHall board- with lingering fears of being lumbered with unsold tickets and making no money off the ones that were sold?

Guest stevieintoon
I've just been reliably informed the club are consulting Newcastle Online admin, and selected committee members about how many away tickets the toon should be applying for.

I have to say when my source told me exactly who were on this fuckin committee I feel fuckin sick. Having been to Fulham on Saturday, a game on TV on a Saturday night, and witnessed at the very least 5,000 toon fans, I'm staggered by what we've asked for at Stamford Bridge. The neutral end at Fulham seemed to be 75% at least toon, which added to our 3,800 official tickets adds up to over 5,000, and this was a more unsociable kick off time than what Chelsea is. It confirms something I've always known, and just listening to the accents at half time, we have thousands, of people down south who support us, people can rubbish that statement but it's true, and it's not all geordie diaspora.

So anyway for the above reasons, I'm flabbergasted to say the least, that a game not on TV over the christmas period, with plenty of trains etc..., we've only asked for 1,500 tickets, it's a fuckin disgrace, and I'm not blaming Mort etc.. he's been good as gold, I'm blaming the idiots who are on this fuckin committee, the VAST majority of whom, are not from the NE (never mind Newcastle), don't go to games, and have NEVER been to an away game in their life. Two weeks before the game, and stragglers like me who always buy late, well we're fucked ;). SOLD OUT. I'll be writing to the club, about this disgrace.

Older than Leazes Mag that now Jon, you're a southern toon fan, and you know fine well what I'm saying is true, but if ever there was a message board fence sitter it was you, as not to offend your net mates.

I can't see why the club are asking ANY message board for this sort of info. Lets face it, the vast majority of fans DON'T use message boards. All of us do - obviously - but how many out of 50,000 use them, quite a lot of us use them because we live away from home and want to keep up with the gossip. It should be quite easy to get these figures, the club has logged the sale of away tickets for many years, there is no need to ask anybody, not even Mark Jensen, Keith Barrett. If they did, they would be given a much better estimate than 1500 too. Don't mean to criticise Mort, but his comments about spending money in january, and now this ....... they seem to be pretty naive about what football is all about.

I agree whole heartedly. The fact they're asking a message board where over half the people don't even go, and even fewer go to away games, well it beggars belief. When you've stood on cold terraces at Southend on New Years Day, seeing your team lose 4-0, I think you will know something about the toon and their support. Sitting behind a PC in Leeds, Preston, Glasgow, Edinburgh or whereever having been to less games than the fingers on your right hand, I just feel cheated that they actually think a message board is the true voice of the support. By the state and inebriation of that last train home on Saturday. Mark Jensen, Kevin Miles type figures should be the people being consulted, not gauging opinions off a website where the average age is about 20, and there are more posts about favourite kind of crisps than football.

So anyway for the above reasons, I'm flabbergasted to say the least, that a game not on TV over the christmas period, with plenty of trains etc..., we've only asked for 1,500 tickets, it's a fuckin disgrace, and I'm not blaming Mort etc.. he's been good as gold, I'm blaming the idiots who are on this fuckin committee, the VAST majority of whom, are not from the NE (never mind Newcastle), don't go to games, and have NEVER been to an away game in their life. Two weeks before the game, and stragglers like me who always buy late, well we're fucked :icon_lol:. SOLD OUT. I'll be writing to the club, about this disgrace.

I agree whole heartedly. The fact they're asking a message board where over half the people don't even go, and even fewer go to away games, well it beggars belief. When you've stood on cold terraces at Southend on New Years Day, seeing your team lose 4-0, I think you will know something about the toon and their support. Sitting behind a PC in Leeds, Preston, Glasgow, Edinburgh or whereever having been to less games than the fingers on your right hand, I just feel cheated that they actually think a message board is the true voice of the support. By the state and inebriation of that last train home on Saturday. Mark Jensen, Kevin Miles type figures should be the people being consulted, not gauging opinions off a website where the average age is about 20, and there are more posts about favourite kind of crisps than football.

and whats this "older than LeazesMag" all about then ;)

Guest stevieintoon

So anyway for the above reasons, I'm flabbergasted to say the least, that a game not on TV over the christmas period, with plenty of trains etc..., we've only asked for 1,500 tickets, it's a fuckin disgrace, and I'm not blaming Mort etc.. he's been good as gold, I'm blaming the idiots who are on this fuckin committee, the VAST majority of whom, are not from the NE (never mind Newcastle), don't go to games, and have NEVER been to an away game in their life. Two weeks before the game, and stragglers like me who always buy late, well we're fucked :nufc:. SOLD OUT. I'll be writing to the club, about this disgrace.

and whats this "older than LeazesMag" all about then :icon_lol:

I couldn't think of any other old timers on toon message boards, other than Peasepud but even he's only aboot 48 ;)

I couldn't think of any other old timers on toon message boards, other than Peasepud but even he's only aboot 48 :lol:

what with me alzheimers and that I'll probably forget to ask me contact about a ticket....and then piss meself in some queue at the Post Office then. ;)

with a twelve o'clock kick-off iirc [\sooperfan status]

Its a good sign they are trying to establish lines of communication with the fans, even if they have chosen the boneheads from N-O

So anyway for the above reasons, I'm flabbergasted to say the least, that a game not on TV over the christmas period, with plenty of trains etc..., we've only asked for 1,500 tickets, it's a fuckin disgrace, and I'm not blaming Mort etc.. he's been good as gold, I'm blaming the idiots who are on this fuckin committee, the VAST majority of whom, are not from the NE (never mind Newcastle), don't go to games, and have NEVER been to an away game in their life. Two weeks before the game, and stragglers like me who always buy late, well we're fucked :icon_lol:. SOLD OUT. I'll be writing to the club, about this disgrace.

and whats this "older than LeazesMag" all about then :nufc:

I couldn't think of any other old timers on toon message boards, other than Peasepud but even he's only aboot 48 ;)

:icon_lol:

I was actually meant to meet Mort as N-O's representative but I couldn't make it so the Janitor went instead. True story :lol:

I got a PM about that too and I don't think I've posted on the footy forum there since the split.

I'm more interested in crisp flavours tbh ;)

Guest stevieintoon
I was actually meant to meet Mort as N-O's representative but I couldn't make it so the Janitor went instead. True story :lol:

I'll gan as Toontastic's person, next time they ask.

Toontastic weren't asked / involved iirc. Not enough members I guess. I think it's a good idea in principle - people from True Faith, The Mag etc. went - but N-O isn't that representative. Over half the people on the football board aren't even Geordies. I know you don't have to be but you know what I mean.

Guest stevieintoon

Toontastic weren't asked / involved iirc. Not enough members I guess. I think it's a good idea in principle - people from True Faith, The Mag etc. went - but N-O isn't that representative. Over half the people on the football board aren't even Geordies. I know you don't have to be but you know what I mean.

I know EXACTLY what you mean.