NUFC v Derby County

NobbySol

Oh FFS

Do you trust him to spend money in January, I certainly don't.

Get some young talent in next month, dont buy "once has beens" please. Some of his buys didn't work out so far, most of them were second choices tbf.

Name me the first choice for the following players then please:

Barton

Smith

Cacapa

Rozehnal

Beye

Enrique

I'd love to know who we were really after. Apart from Ben-Haim I can't think of anyone else.

As none of us are ITK all we can do is go off paper-talk in which case it would be:

Barton - Dioup / Deco / Peter Luccin / Gaby Mudingayi

Smith - Eidur Gudjohnsen / Ronaldinho ;) / Fred

Cacapa - Riise / Silvestre / Felipe Baloy

Rozehnal - Queudrue / Fanni / Mario Yepes / Phil Neville

Beye - Baines / Glen Johnson / Luke Young

Enrique - Ivica Dragutinovic / Heinze / Belletti

Even if we believe only 50% of those you still say that in some cases he didn't even get his second choice.

What on earth are you talking about?

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh FFS

Get some young talent in next month, dont buy "once has beens" please. Some of his buys didn't work out so far, most of them were second choices tbf.

Barton

Smith

Cacapa

Rozehnal

Beye

Enrique

I'd love to know who we were really after. Apart from Ben-Haim I can't think of anyone else.

As none of us are ITK all we can do is go off paper-talk in which case it would be:

Barton - Dioup / Deco / Peter Luccin / Gaby Mudingayi

Smith - Eidur Gudjohnsen / Ronaldinho :yes / Fred

Cacapa - Riise / Silvestre / Felipe Baloy

Rozehnal - Queudrue / Fanni / Mario Yepes / Phil Neville

Beye - Baines / Glen Johnson / Luke Young

Enrique - Ivica Dragutinovic / Heinze / Belletti

Even if we believe only 50% of those you still say that in some cases he didn't even get his second choice.

What on earth are you talking about?

;)

Some of his buys didn't work out so far, most of them were second choices tbf

Barton

Smith

Cacapa

Rozehnal

Beye

Enrique

Have I misunderstood something?

A lot of those names were only very briefly linked to us and some of them are pure fantasy, not to mention that the likes of Cacapa was hardly second choice to Riise or Beye was a second choice to Baines, seeing as how they play in different positions.

Enrique not even on the bench, Martins Right wing, Smith playing as sweeper 2nd half. Its laughable! ;)

The fans around me were a joke today too. Giving Beye a load of abuse for leaving the corner for charlie to put in. FUCKING GOOD! I dont want our Right Back putting in a left footers corner for the sake of saving 3 seconds!

Im regretting getting my wigan ticket already!

A lot of those names were only very briefly linked to us and some of them are pure fantasy, not to mention that the likes of Cacapa was hardly second choice to Riise or Beye was a second choice to Baines, seeing as how they play in different positions.

Take your pick:

http://www.nufc.com/2007-08html/rumours.html

Some (ok, a lot) will be bollocks. Fair enough. I don't claim to know which were and which weren't. All we can do is speculate on that. Fact is we were linked with plenty of other players. I think given some of the names on there it's fair to say that some of the signings were second or third choice.

He wanted suggestions, I gave him suggestions.

Edited by LucaAltieri

Take your pick:

Some (ok, a lot) will be bollocks. Fair enough. I don't claim to know which were and which weren't. All we can do is speculate on that. Fact is we were linked with plenty of other players. I think given some of the names on there it's fair to say that some of the signings were second or third choice.

How many players are Man U, Chelsea or any other top club linked with that they don't sign? Does that mean that anyone else they sign are merely second choices?

Regardless of whether they were second choices or not they were his signings and the manager should be judged on how they do.

Take your pick:

How many players are Man U, Chelsea or any other top club linked with that they don't sign? Does that mean that anyone else they sign are merely second choices?

Regardless of whether they were second choices or not they were his signings and the manager should be judged on how they do.

Agree entirely.

Thanks for explaining. I've lost the will.

Oh FFS

Barton

Smith

Cacapa

Rozehnal

Beye

Enrique

He said that about a month ago, how the hell should i know who were his targets.

Link? Signs of a good manager that. Telling his signings that they were his second choice :lol: Perhaps he wanted Gerrard instead of Barton?

He did say in at least one interview that had he been here earlier he had made proven prem players his first targets so they could start straightaway. He definitely wanted Haim, Sidwell, Silvestre, Distin and somebody else i can't remember and but for the Dyer/West Ham situation he had Elano lined up before Smith, and god how we all wish that had come off! Anyway Barton would have been first choice as would Viduka.

But that's not the probem, his tactics at home with no width, players way out of position and asking teams to attack us are the problem. And away from home no attacking enough yet conceding too many!

If he'd started today with Milner right and either Zog or Duff left and Martins as a striker we'd have been out of sight by half time even with our usual gift of a goal to the opposition. As soon as Duff and Emre were on and Milner on the right we started to create stuff in the second half having previously spent the 2nd half doing fuck all. Unfortunately Viduka aside everyone else seemed incapable of controlling a football near or in the box when they got a chance!

Edited by Papa Lazaru

What annoys me most is that Fat Sam is making the same basic mistakes time and time again yet keeps persisting with his shite selections and tactics because his head is so far up his own ass he can't believe that he could be wrong.

What annoys me most is that Fat Sam is making the same basic mistakes time and time again yet keeps persisting with his shite selections and tactics because his head is so far up his own ass he can't believe that he could be wrong.

"There's none so blind as those that won't see".

4 games unbeaten??

Someone hoy up Jimbo's Allardyce Out thread please.

You're exactly the sort of person Mr.Bass was saying would be fooled by papering over the cracks.

I'm not fooled at all. four games unbeaten is four games unbeaten.

Edited by Tribal

4 games unbeaten??

You're exactly the sort of person Mr.Bass was saying would be fooled by papering over the cracks.

1 point out of 6 against the worst Premiership side in history. That bit fooled you?

4 games unbeaten??

1 point out of 6 against the worst Premiership side in history. That bit fooled you?

No. I'm not pleased with today's result but it's much better than being beat off them, I'm sure you'll agree.

4 games unbeaten??

Aye, three of which were against teams in the bottom five, forgive me if I'm not overcome with elation.

4 games unbeaten??

No. I'm not pleased with today's result but it's much better than being beat off them, I'm sure you'll agree.

Sounds like being raped and feeling glad you weren't murdered ?

4 games unbeaten??

Aye, three of which were against teams in the bottom five, forgive me if I'm not overcome with elation.

So are you not pleased we're four games unbeaten?

Gary Speed made a point today that Bolton fans were happy with their 1-0 wins, and Sam wasn't expecting that to be different from Newcastle fans.

Why are the media (sadly even our ex players now) obsessed with this "Newcastle fans don't want to win ugly" shite? We'd be happy to win at all.

4 games unbeaten??

So are you not pleased we're four games unbeaten?

:lol: As WUMs go you are one of the poorer ones.