NUFC v Derby County

NobbySol

But as I've said in previous posts, I'm not too disapointed with the league position, I'm disapointed with performances, tactics, morale, substitutions, team selection, to name but a few, whilst I may be playing "mystic Jimbo" but I don't believe Allardyce is the man to take us further, and time will either prove me right or wrong, if Allardyce is given time.

I think we are very very fortunate that the likes of Portsmouth, Villa, Blackburn etc have had a mini slump whilst we have picked up some rather jammy points, if not we could be looking at the table in a very different light.

If I was given the option of being 9th at this stage of the season I probably would have taken it and while they say the table doesn't lie it certainly doesn't tell the full story.

We've dropped lots of silly points this season and where we have picked up points we've often looked less than convincing in our performance, this coupled with the basic fucking errors that Allardyce keeps making is frustrating and I can't help but think that when our luck runs out we'll stop 'papering over the cracks' and be exposed for the crock of badly organised shit that we are, perhaps then the Allardyce apologists will open their eyes and see him for what he really is.

If we're still in the top half of the table at the start of February I'll eat my ball bag.

Every team drops silly points every season.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty crap. Plus point was Viduka looking slimmer, fitter and quicker than I think I've ever seen him.

I noticed today the big difference between viduka and smith is that viduka only needs a split second to get a shot off. Smith on the other hand needs a touch, a look at goal, a heeeouuuge back lift and then a swing at mid air as the defender takes the ball off him. Just look at our first goal yesterday for proof.

:lol:

Now that you mention it...

Alan Smith named Captain. Disgraceful. Especially when Butt and Given were on the field.

The whole team was disjointed. Martins looked like a man that didnt want to play right midfield. Not happy with him. Not sure I even saw a tackle from Alan Smith all game either......

Rozy is a fairy. He just cant win 50-50s. School boy for centre half.

Barton had a 'mare.

Beye, Zoggy and Vids were out best players.

The crowd just didnt seem to care. Apathy is setting in.

4 games unbeaten??

Someone hoy up Jimbo's Allardyce Out thread please.

You're exactly the sort of person Mr.Bass was saying would be fooled by papering over the cracks.

I'm not fooled at all. four games unbeaten is four games unbeaten.

Aye, three of which were against teams in the bottom five, forgive me if I'm not overcome with elation.

And one that's top tbf.

4 games unbeaten??

You're exactly the sort of person Mr.Bass was saying would be fooled by papering over the cracks.

Aye, three of which were against teams in the bottom five, forgive me if I'm not overcome with elation.

And one that's top tbf.

Playing their fourth choice midfield (who haven't played all season) due to injuries, not the same is it?

4 games unbeaten??

And one that's top tbf.

Playing their fourth choice midfield (who haven't played all season) due to injuries, not the same is it?

Clueless wanker. Please die ASAP.

4 games unbeaten??

And one that's top tbf.

Clueless wanker. Please die ASAP.

See unlike Rico, I didn't call you a cunt, he told me I should have but I still refuse to.

How am I clueless?

Was it their first choice midfield? No

Was it their second choice midfield? Um, no again.

Did Diarra, the player who wants away because he doesn't get a start play? Um yes. 6 appearances in the league so far this season.

Didn't I see Gilberto? Who you ask? 12 appearances this season, 7 as sub.

You want to be a twat crimson, fine be a brainless twat.

4 games unbeaten??

And one that's top tbf.

There's always mitigating circumstances. Could equally say that 2 of the 3 bottom 5 teams we played had new managers and a fresh vigour to go with it. So they weren't the pushovers they had been to other teams.

Edited by Happy Face

Alan Smith named Captain. Disgraceful. Especially when Butt and Given were on the field.

The whole team was disjointed. Martins looked like a man that didnt want to play right midfield. Not happy with him. Not sure I even saw a tackle from Alan Smith all game either......

Barton had a 'mare.

Anyone see the suns ratings today :lol:

Barton - 'Our best midfielder' (Hauled off in 2nd half he was so shit!)

Cacapa - 'First game back since pompey' (er no its not!)

Barton had a 'mare.

That line in bold is the epitome of how fickle we are as a bunch of supporters. 2½ years ago the vast majority of the match-going supporters would have gladly packed Nicky Butt's bags and driven him out of Newcastle..... and now people think he should be team captain?

The performances of late (Arsenal match excepted) have been woefully inadequate and no-one is questioning some of Sam's tactics more than me, but I really can't see where sacking him will make the immediate impact that we're all yelling for.

I remember back to the summer after we'd bought our stack of players and many were saying that we could almost guarantee ourselves European football and that when I said that we needed to be aiming for consolidation and anything else was a bonus, I was being laughed at.

The club has changed from top to bottom in a little over 6 months. We have new ownership, new management, new coaching staff and the biggest overall change in first team players that we've had in many many years. It takes time to knit together and to sack a manager 6 months in because it's not yet right is short-sighted beyond belief. He's only a part of the new picture.

And for those of you saying the picture may look even more shitty had other results not gone our way, well that's football. Your destiny is not just in your own hands and half of everything in football IS luck.

Cast your minds back to 95/96 when the press love to point out how we threw away a 12 point lead and lost the title. In reality, it was only a 9 point lead and a game in hand but in the last 16 games of the season Man Utd took 44 out of a possible 48 points. We took 27 points which, if Man Utd hadn't been so prolific, would almost cetrainly have delivered the title.

My point being that we need to concentrate on what we're doing. If we're higher up the table than you think we deserve then so be it. Accept it as good fortune and not worry that we didn't really deserve it.

I really can't see where sacking him will make the immediate impact that we're all yelling for.

I reckon if we brought in a manager who tried to use tactics to suit the players and began to play them in the correct position we'd see an immediate improvement.

The club has changed from top to bottom in a little over 6 months. We have new ownership, new management, new coaching staff and the biggest overall change in first team players that we've had in many many years. It takes time to knit together and to sack a manager 6 months in because it's not yet right is short-sighted beyond belief. He's only a part of the new picture.

I know they've spent more money than us but City have went through all the same changes as us and haven't done too badly.

I really can't see where sacking him will make the immediate impact that we're all yelling for.

I reckon if we brought in a manager who tried to use tactics to suit the players and began to play them in the correct position we'd see an immediate improvement.

I know they've spent more money than us but City have went through all the same changes as us and haven't done too badly.

But they got Dunne and Richards as CBs remember =)

Barton had a 'mare.

That line in bold is the epitome of how fickle we are as a bunch of supporters. 2½ years ago the vast majority of the match-going supporters would have gladly packed Nicky Butt's bags and driven him out of Newcastle..... and now people think he should be team captain?

The performances of late (Arsenal match excepted) have been woefully inadequate and no-one is questioning some of Sam's tactics more than me, but I really can't see where sacking him will make the immediate impact that we're all yelling for.

I remember back to the summer after we'd bought our stack of players and many were saying that we could almost guarantee ourselves European football and that when I said that we needed to be aiming for consolidation and anything else was a bonus, I was being laughed at.

And for those of you saying the picture may look even more shitty had other results not gone our way, well that's football. Your destiny is not just in your own hands and half of everything in football IS luck.

Cast your minds back to 95/96 when the press love to point out how we threw away a 12 point lead and lost the title. In reality, it was only a 9 point lead and a game in hand but in the last 16 games of the season Man Utd took 44 out of a possible 48 points. We took 27 points which, if Man Utd hadn't been so prolific, would almost cetrainly have delivered the title.

My point being that we need to concentrate on what we're doing. If we're higher up the table than you think we deserve then so be it. Accept it as good fortune and not worry that we didn't really deserve it.

Not just this,but also that.

If you talk to a lot of Liverpool fans they'll say that Benitez is often tactically a disaster... But none of them call for his head - quite the opposite. How about we give the manager we've got in a bit more time to start to get it tactically right rather than bring in someone else who may also get it wrong (Souness, Roeder, Gullit and Dalglish were guilty of it and Robson was questioned from time to time....).

It's not really been made public but I think we really were in a financial shit-pit when Ashley took over and to be fair to him, he's emptied a sizable chunk of his 'rainy day' fund to put us in a better position - in other words, he's building us for the long term. Citeh have had fantastic short-term success but if I was one of their fans I'd be scared shitless of Shinawatra being in control. The bloke has public self-confessed as both a Man Utd and Liverpool fan and now he has control of Citeh. He appears to be investing in short-term return and it wouldn't surprise me in the least if in a couple of years time, the cash-cow picks up his udders and trots off to find a new field to graze in.

If you talk to a lot of Liverpool fans they'll say that Benitez is often tactically a disaster... But none of them call for his head - quite the opposite. How about we give the manager we've got in a bit more time to start to get it tactically right rather than bring in someone else who may also get it wrong (Souness, Roeder, Gullit and Dalglish were guilty of it and Robson was questioned from time to time....).

Tbf if Allardyce had us in the CL every year I wouldn't be complaining too much either, personally I don't think Liverpool have had a fair return for the amount of backing that Benitez has got but that's their concern. If Fat Sam was using crazy tactics but had us winning convincingly then there would be no one complaining, however we have been struggling and scraping results so far which is the basis of most people's concerns,

It's not really been made public but I think we really were in a financial shit-pit when Ashley took over and to be fair to him, he's emptied a sizable chunk of his 'rainy day' fund to put us in a better position - in other words, he's building us for the long term. Citeh have had fantastic short-term success but if I was one of their fans I'd be scared shitless of Shinawatra being in control. The bloke has public self-confessed as both a Man Utd and Liverpool fan and now he has control of Citeh. He appears to be investing in short-term return and it wouldn't surprise me in the least if in a couple of years time, the cash-cow picks up his udders and trots off to find a new field to graze in.

I'm talking more about the job Sven has done in getting the team to gel and play decent football rather than the abortion of a job Allardyce seems to have done since the league kicked off. Though if I was a City fan I'd be slightly more comfortable now following the recent Thai elections.