NUFC buy/sell thread

acrossthepond

If we get Brown and Ben Haim in I'd sell Taylor.

bad mistake that IMO

I know you rate Taylor mate. I'd love him to prove me wrong too.

he is similar to what Moncur was at that age, I'd rate him at least on a par, BM maybe used the ball better but he was one of the slowest players going, and I say that with all due respect to a player who is a real NUFC man now and a great captain. It depends what you want from your central defenders though. Consider the fact that you say yourself Taylor would get a decent fee ? Doesn't that tell you in itself we should keep him ?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we get Brown and Ben Haim in I'd sell Taylor.

bad mistake that IMO

I know you rate Taylor mate. I'd love him to prove me wrong too.

he is similar to what Moncur was at that age, I'd rate him at least on a par, BM maybe used the ball better but he was one of the slowest players going, and I say that with all due respect to a player who is a real NUFC man now and a great captain. It depends what you want from your central defenders though. Consider the fact that you say yourself Taylor would get a decent fee ? Doesn't that tell you in itself we should keep him ?

No, that wasn't my logic - it was more about him being young, English etc. (See: Titus Bramble for an example close to home). I honestly think he is a liabilty and I've watched him a lot. Re: what I want from my central defenders - first and foremost I want them to be able to defend and I don't think he can do that very well. I will say that he could have done with a run in the side with an experience, top centre-half a la Sol Campbell.

Magpies in queue to pocket Brown

Newcastle have reportedly made a bid in the region of £2million to bring Manchester United contract rebel Wes Brown to St James' Park.

The 28-year-old England man will be a free agent in the summer when his Old Trafford deal expires and he recently turned down what Sir Alex Ferguson said was the club's final contract offer.

Now, according to the Manchester Evening News, struggling Newcastle have made a firm offer for him.

Boss Sam Allardyce is under increasing pressure on Tyneside following that 2-0 midweek home defeat by Manchester City.

And he reportedly sees the addition of Brown as key to bolstering his side's shaky defence.

Allardyce is a long-term admirer of Brown, who has spent most of the season deputising for the injured Gary Neville at right-back at Old Trafford.

Ferguson must now decide whether to let Brown go now for a fee or lose him for nothing in the summer.

If he takes the first option it could leave him light at the back with Neville still having to prove his match fitness.

The options behind the skipper are John O'Shea and Danny Simpson.

Worth it just so that Carr does not have to play while Beye is away!

Saying that I think he would be a good purchase, proven in the premiership as both a center and right back.

Sky Sports News understands Newcastle have lodged a bid for Manchester United defender Wes Brown.

Brown's future at Old Trafford is up in the air after he turned down a new deal, with United boss Sir Alex Ferguson saying an improved offer would not be made to the player.

The England international is a free agent in the summer and Newcastle are believed to be hoping to persuade Ferguson to do business for the versatile defender this month, rather than risk losing Brown for nothing at the end of the season.

Allardyce is thought to be a big admirer of Brown and sees him as the man to solve their defensive problems.

Brown has been a regular in the United side this season as he has been providing cover for the injured Gary Neville and Ferguson must now decide if he is willing to let him leave.

out: Pattison, Ameobi

in: Arshavin, Ashton (send big Al over personally as he's Ashton's idol 10m)

Also, if Man Utd end up getting Masherano, a cheeky 10-15m bid for Carrick would be interesting. Bring the lad home.

Carrick's very out of favor at Man U if the reports are to be believed, Hargreaves/Anderson keeping him out of the first team from what I've heard as well as Scholes returning from injury at some point. We might have an outside chance there. I'd certainly have him.

out: Pattison, Ameobi

in: Arshavin, Ashton (send big Al over personally as he's Ashton's idol 10m)

Also, if Man Utd end up getting Masherano, a cheeky 10-15m bid for Carrick would be interesting. Bring the lad home.

Carrick's very out of favor at Man U if the reports are to be believed, Hargreaves/Anderson keeping him out of the first team from what I've heard as well as Scholes returning from injury at some point. We might have an outside chance there. I'd certainly have him.

Hell no not for that price, everyone jumps on the bandwagon when carricks sale of 19m was touted. Thats very expensive , i would say hes worth around 7m

If we are going to buy Carrick it should be because he's a player we need, not because he's a geordie. I say this only because when he was playing at West Ham and Spurs he wasn't interested in coming home at all even though Fat Fred was dead keen. I don't see why we should give him local preference when he didn't give us any.

If we are going to buy Carrick it should be because he's a player we need, not because he's a geordie. I say this only because when he was playing at West Ham and Spurs he wasn't interested in coming home at all even though Fat Fred was dead keen. I don't see why we should give him local preference when he didn't give us any.

Or just because he's available. I rate him but the amount of times in recent years that we've signed players for this reason rather than because we needed them is one of the reasons we've paid top whack in recent years and still ended up with an average squad.

Or just because he's available. I rate him but the amount of times in recent years that we've signed players for this reason rather than because we needed them is one of the reasons we've paid top whack in recent years and still ended up with an average squad.

couldn't agree more.

couldn't agree more.

When was the last time we had a strong CM who actually has a decent range of passing? The amount of times we have given the ball away needlessly this season shows we need a couple of players who can hit pass the bleeding ball!

I've nowt against Carrick, and I also think you should always be prepared to buy players at the right price who are better than those you have.

However, our need for attacking players is so acute that if the board were prepared to hand over a sum of money in the region of 20m or more, then I wouldn't spend such a big chunk of it on a player who is essentially a defensive midfield player albeit with a good range of passing.

Edited by LeazesMag

If Javier Saviola is still not getting a game for Real I think he would be all right, all he might be a bit small.

Will he enjoy being played out wide though?

If Javier Saviola is still not getting a game for Real I think he would be all right, all he might be a bit small.

Thats true, we need cover for Beye ! :dunno:

Thats true, we need cover for Beye ! :dunno:

Like Baines he's vertically challenged.