NUFC buy/sell thread

acrossthepond

Name two players from our current squad you'd like to see sold and two players you'd like to see us buy who we could realistically get.

OUT: Duff, Barton

Barton was a mistake as is becoming clear. I want Duff flogged so that Sam can move the Zog up to LM where he is one of our better attacking players. Duff's prime is past and he'll never be half the player he was at Chelsea, but with luck we can get some dosh for him off a club who still puts some stock in his reputation.

IN: Arshavin, Kanu

Arshavin most of us can agree on, he seems to be the most likely buy out of the players we've been linked with and we direly need creativity, although he'll probably turn to shit as soon as he pulls on the black and white. Kanu is a player I admire greatly and he might suit Sam's "hoof it up" style, as well as having deft control himself. Linking up with his international teammate Martins might help too.

feel free to criticise mine or add your own.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't get rid of Barton or Duff as I don't think we've seen anything like th best of either of them and I'd give them both til the end of the season.

I'd lose Ameobi and Carr

I'd sign a Center half and an creative midfielder in the same mould as Arshavin (if he is the Elano-lite we've had described)

Out:

Carr

Get rid of the final piece of the deadwood at the back(maybe ramage should be included in that bracket). He's no pace, is virtually shocking at everything and really should not be plying his trade in the premier league anymore. We probably wouldn't get too much money if any for him, but i would take what comes our way.

Ameobi

I know martins is leaving in january for the african cup of nations but this shouldn't act as a detterant for him leaving. Big Sam must realise hes not good enough for the premier league and renins me of a typical championship striker and it is his likely destination for the remainder of his career imo. We could probably get a side like norwich to stump up 2 million which is about right for a player of hsi calibre.

In

Arshavin

Has played well when ive seen him and heard he has attacking flair in abundance. He might be a flop but its a risk we may need to take. He also mentioned a couple of weeks back that he would be interested in a move to the premier league, so why not attempt to purchase him. Ive not heard a figure constantly mentioned by 5-7million pounds sounds about right and hopefully he can be the link between our dour midfield and our potentially lethal attacking force.

Agbonlahor

Im not doubting in the slightest that there is relly little chance of us purchasing him. However, with a very big offer of say around 8-10m, i think aston villa would take it quite seriously. He has an abundance of pace, attacking flair and would have no problem with adapting to the english league as hes played in it for the last two years regulalry and this season has already bagged alot. I live in hope more than expectation that we will sign any big players in this farce of a window.

Out:

Carr

Ameobi

Ramage

Pattison

Owen

In:

Bentley

Arshavin

Brown

Couple of changes. I think Duff suits a 4-3-3.

Also think Zigic would do well if Valencia decide to let him go.

Out:

Carr

Ameobi

Ramage

Pattison

Owen

In:

Bentley

Arshavin

Brown

Couple of changes. I think Duff suits a 4-3-3.

Also think Zigic would do well if Valencia decide to let him go.

I thought the same about Enrique but it will be the same old carry on,promising player comes over,promising players career goes down the pan at NUFC

In a fantasy world I'd have;

Ameobi

Carr

Ramage

Pattison

Geremi

Emre

Owen

out in that order of preferences. In fact Ameobi would have already gone by now!

The new blood would be;

Ibrahimovich

Brown

Hutton

Diarra

Christiano Ronaldo

Kaka

Berbatov

But since it isn't a fantasy world and we must try and stick with reality the two out would be Ameobi and Carr.

I'd have Arshavin and Brown.

Or Fred (Lyon) and Brown.

Edited by Ken

Mods close this thread there was already one on this topic, fucking 'mericans!

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?showtopic=17565

I'm reading And they wonder why we drink at the moment and I think Billy has a suggestion for the way Newcastle should sort their defence, (paraphrasing it) "Go out and find the biggest baddest defenders in the Russian league and buy them, because the cold doesn't worry them and they are nasty!"

I'm reading And they wonder why we drink at the moment and I think Billy has a suggestion for the way Newcastle should sort their defence, (paraphrasing it) "Go out and find the biggest baddest defenders in the Russian league and buy them, because the cold doesn't worry them and they are nasty!"

But your thread has about as much life in it as Jimmy Hill's cock. :good:

Why do people keep saying Deco, there is now way he would come to Newcastle. We are a mid table side with a manager who plays unattractive football, no European football on the horizon and cant string a run of wins together. Deco is one of the best creative midfielders in the world, lets keep it real guys theres about as much chance of us signing Christiano Ronaldo and Rooney

But your thread has about as much life in it as Jimmy Hill's cock. :rolleyes:

Hey even Jimmy Hill's cock was useful once! :good:

I may go slightly mad here...

OUT

Ameobi

Ramage

Pattison

Carr

IN

Arshavin

Anelka

A few young players which may or may not turn out to be good enough for the squad just to give us a 'foot in the door' and establish links with agents, clubs and a base to build a reputation.

Edited by Skol