hahaha

wonitfivex

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't believe you're all rising to the spacca's bait.

only wanted to wish u luck against the inbred gypos

Go on then.

good luck hope you twat them 1-0

The very definition of underwhelming

Anyone else hear the scousers on 5 live yesterday whining about everything again?

Funny as fuck when Nicky Campbell picked the bloke up on his hypocrisy watching Murdoch's sky but being all principled about not reading Murdoch's The Sun.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/noscript.shtml?...l_breakfast_fri

At about 2:17:00

"Dat's like............blaming....everyone that owns somethin' for somethin'"

:lol:

Edited by Happy Face

Anyone else hear the scousers on 5 live yesterday whining about everything again?

Funny as fuck when Nicky Campbell picked the bloke up on his hypocrisy watching Murdoch's sky but being all principled about not reading Murdoch's The Sun.

TBF the reason they won't read the Sun has got nothing to do with Murdoch.

Ok first off.Im not a Newcastle United fan but a football fan in general and i would just like to ask a question(with a good sensible response).

Ok crowd size apart.But what makes Newcastle United a big club?

I ask this because in terms of trophies won lots of other lesser teams have won just as much.

And in recent years although close you have not won anything.

Please can i have a sensible answer instead of a devensive back handed comment.

And in regards to the liverpool fan.It looks like thinks arnt goin to change and there's still only going to be one team that won the premier league at annfield....shame for you though it was Blackburn.

Ok first off.Im not a Newcastle United fan but a football fan in general and i would just like to ask a question(with a good sensible response).

I ask this because in terms of trophies won lots of other lesser teams have won just as much.

And in regards to the liverpool fan.It looks like thinks arnt goin to change and there's still only going to be one team that won the premier league at annfield....shame for you though it was Blackburn.

There is a massive problem with the term "big club" in general. Many many teams can use their own formula that suits them. I honestly dont think there is an answer that is clear. If you say are Newcastle United a successful club, then at the moment of course that would be no. you just done it your self there, are newcastle a big club, but dont take into account support? Well, are chelsea a big club but dont take into account trophies? I think there is big clubs like Newcastle, and then there are big clubs like Liverpool & Man Utd who like it or not are huge. They have the success and the support. Chelsea wouldnt be that big until recent years due to the millions poured in.

Newcastle has a massive history winning the league and FA Cup (and fairs), then people say, oh, you cant count things from that long ago. In which case, of course we aint as big as we used to be. Newcastle is classed by most (apart from views of rivals or those who are bitter who's views you cant really count) to be a big club because of the support AND the support it keeps through rough times. While some fans stay away from their club in tough times, we stay and perhaps be more vocal about it? Which is better? Well neither really.

Basically, there is no defining line to which clubs on one side are big. There is only a scale. More recently our support and european flirtation keeps us towards the top of that scale. Id still say Newcastle were one of the top 8 clubs (think Turnover, support, overall premiership place to which since the start I think we are 5th or so and so on).

There is a massive problem with the term "big club" in general. Many many teams can use their own formula that suits them. I honestly dont think there is an answer that is clear. If you say are Newcastle United a successful club, then at the moment of course that would be no. you just done it your self there, are newcastle a big club, but dont take into account support? Well, are chelsea a big club but dont take into account trophies? I think there is big clubs like Newcastle, and then there are big clubs like Liverpool & Man Utd who like it or not are huge. They have the success and the support. Chelsea wouldnt be that big until recent years due to the millions poured in.

Newcastle has a massive history winning the league and FA Cup (and fairs), then people say, oh, you cant count things from that long ago. In which case, of course we aint as big as we used to be. Newcastle is classed by most (apart from views of rivals or those who are bitter who's views you cant really count) to be a big club because of the support AND the support it keeps through rough times. While some fans stay away from their club in tough times, we stay and perhaps be more vocal about it? Which is better? Well neither really.

Basically, there is no defining line to which clubs on one side are big. There is only a scale. More recently our support and european flirtation keeps us towards the top of that scale. Id still say Newcastle were one of the top 8 clubs (think Turnover, support, overall premiership place to which since the start I think we are 5th or so and so on).

Ok thanks for your answer.The reason i asked is because i am a member of a few teams forums.

And the thing i was wondering is.Blackburn never consider themselves a big club(rightly so).Yet have been in Europe numerous times.Won the premiership,league cup,And have sucsses alot of so called big clubs(Villa,Birmingham)are i think jealous of.

The only reason i can see why they are not considerd a big club is crowd size hence why i asked.

Heres a question.If you could win the premiership but it ment you could only get gates of 20 thousand till time ended.Would you take it?

The only one it has anything to do with is Kelvin Mckenzie, who left the Sun years ago though.

No-one at The Sun now was anything to do with their Hillsbrough coverage at the time. Mckenzie made the decision to go with the "The Truth" headline and story, and the only person above him is Murdoch (who's said that Mckenzie is his favourite editor that ever held the reigns at the sun).

Who are they punishing by not reading the Sun?

Ok thanks for your answer.The reason i asked is because i am a member of a few teams forums.

And the thing i was wondering is.Blackburn never consider themselves a big club(rightly so).Yet have been in Europe numerous times.Won the premiership,league cup,And have sucsses alot of so called big clubs(Villa,Birmingham)are i think jealous of.

The only reason i can see why they are not considerd a big club is crowd size hence why i asked.

Heres a question.If you could win the premiership but it ment you could only get gates of 20 thousand till time ended.Would you take it?

I guess 20k of us would say "yeah thats fine, Im happy with that" however the other near 30k+ that go week in week out many not be so chuffed with that concept. :lol:

What Im saying is I couldnt give a shit how many turn up as long as Im one of them, our gates are irrelevant to us, its purely that we're proud of the fact we manage so many for the lesser club that we probably rightly are these days while other clubs in the same position as us (ie one club one town/city such as Blackburn, Boro etc) have thousands of empty seats week in week out regardless of how well they're doing.

Take Boro (spits) as an example, they are runners up in UEFA cup yet still have huge swathes of empty red seats for their first game of the following season, tragic tbh

:panic:

The only one it has anything to do with is Kelvin Mckenzie, who left the Sun years ago though.

No-one at The Sun now was anything to do with their Hillsbrough coverage at the time. Mckenzie made the decision to go with the "The Truth" headline and story, and the only person above him is Murdoch (who's said that Mckenzie is his favourite editor that ever held the reigns at the sun).

It's ok for Gerrard to serialise his book in the NoTW though :lol:

I don't think that's areasonable question mate. This club has been starved of trophies for so long we'd probably take it even if only forty people got to watch the team live.

Also, any team that wins the premiership must be playing effective winning football, this in itself brings a need for large stadia and big crowds. The crowds bring the money, the money buys the players, the players bring success and success brings in the fans.

Blackburn's not a very large city, it's not a historically football obsessed city, like Manchester, Liverpool or Newcastle, hence they don't get huge gates.

a "big club" isn't measured on trophies and trophies alone, nor is it fair to say anyone with a big crowd is a big club. This whole "big club" debate is often used as tool by people who want to get a rise out of rivals or one over clubs they believe are smaller.

the problems generally arise when fans of two so-called "big clubs" try to dismiss one another. Every long standing premiership club is, by default, a big club. The gates, the fan base, the money, the players, the media attention etc. make this true. However it's also true to say that clubs with footballing pedigree are "big", the likes of Leeds, Forest and so on can be called big clubs.

Everton fans want to call Newcastle a small club because they want to honour their club, they say we're a small club and have won nothing, because we get bigger gates, we've had more media attention than them in the recent past and we've flirted with European football and they feel somewhat bitter about it. They think we've an arrogance because the media attention seems to elevate us beyond our station. What they fail to realise is that our history is comparable (in terms of competitive trophies) They have more and that's fine, but to say we've won nothing is factually incorrect. It's just banter.

to be honest it's Sky that's created this "big club" debate, it fuels arguments for their call in shows, it helps promote their programs and it helps sell their hardware.

Oh I agree it was all McKenzie and he has nothing left to do with the Sun any more. Mud sticks though I guess and it is that reason (and nothing to do with Murdoch) why the won't read the paper.

As for Gerrard serialising his book in the NOTW, I think that's a disgrace tbh. Not least because the youngest victim of the Hillsborough disaster was his own cousin.

Oh I agree it was all McKenzie and he has nothing left to do with the Sun any more. Mud sticks though I guess and it is that reason (and nothing to do with Murdoch) why the won't read the paper.

As for Gerrard serialising his book in the NOTW, I think that's a disgrace tbh. Not least because the youngest victim of the Hillsborough disaster was his own cousin.

You should have heard this Scouser I know trying to justify it "It's not the same paper". No shit? It's the sister paper of The Sun though. I don't think it's that bad (Gerrard), it's just makes a mockery of the boycotting of The Sun imo.