Ross Kemp in Afghanistan

Howay

I've been watching this series and so far it has been very good, up there with his series about gangs. I think it is also good that Kemp doesn't bother putting in any of the politics and debates he simply is trying to give us insight into what the soldiers are experiencing. Just wondering if anyone else is watching it, I think the first two episodes are on youtube as well.

He's living his fantasies and looking like a complete tosser in the process imo.

How those soldiers can take him seriously after Ultimate Force is beyond me.

Had an RPG go over his head the other day and he visibly shat himself, fair enough like but you can't have people like that in a warzone. Surely it'll hinder the real soldiers having him and his crew around constantly soiling himself.

He was certainly doing the politics in the second one.

It actually made me think, the army needs some good old fashioned political officers, like the Red Army. Basically we're trying to train the soldiers to be politians and diplomats, while the foreign office are nowhere to be seen in the war zone.

He was certainly doing the politics in the second one.

It actually made me think, the army needs some good old fashioned political officers, like the Red Army. Basically we're trying to train the soldiers to be politians and diplomats, while the foreign office are nowhere to be seen in the war zone.

Did it hurt?

The MoD just sent me a lovely letter informing me my details were among those stolen from the MoD laptop, they say their security fell way below their high standards and say sorry a few times, great :icon_lol: can't see owt happening with my details but I'll be right fucked off if something does.

Does anyone know how many others got nicked?

Edited by Barton7

He's living his fantasies and looking like a complete tosser in the process imo.

Had an RPG go over his head the other day and he visibly shat himself, fair enough like but you can't have people like that in a warzone. Surely it'll hinder the real soldiers having him and his crew around constantly soiling himself.

.......and that makes SMO sound like:

Gareth1.jpg

.......and that makes SMO sound like:

Gareth1.jpg

Fuck u pal, I've served my country and got the scars to prove it!

• 11 months later...
Missed the first one last time around but been watching the repeats, seems canny.

Its a great series. Actually shows it from a soldiers point of view not the normal documentary style. I got mates who were out there first time round and he got the pissed ripped right outa him for the ultimate force series lol.