Hutton seals Spurs switch

bawan

Tottenham have confirmed that Alan Hutton has completed his move to White Hart Lane from Rangers on a four-year contract.

The two clubs agreed a £9million fee early in the transfer window before the Scotland international initially rejected the opportunity to join the Premier League side.

But after having another change of heart, Hutton has now become Juande Ramos' third signing of the transfer window after the arrivals of Jonathan Woodgate and Chris Gunter.

A statement on Spurs' official website confirmed: "We are delighted to announce we have reached agreement with Glasgow Rangers for the transfer of Alan Hutton."

Hutton is now set to make his Premier League debut in Saturday's clash with Manchester United at White Hart Lane.

He told Rangers' official website: "I would like to thank everyone at Rangers for making my time at the club so special.

"I have progressed through the youth ranks at Murray Park and I would like to take this opportunity to thank all the coaches, management staff and players I have worked with during my time at Ibrox.

"The last 12 months have been fantastic for me personally and I have received great support from the fans.

"That meant a lot and helped give me the confidence tot take the next step in my career.

"I wish Rangers every success for the season and in the future and although I am sad to leave there is no doubt my transfer to Tottenham is good not just for me, but for the club."

I hope hes shit. Cos at the minute we have one of the worst defences in the league and unlimited funds apparently. And Spurs have just spent ngh on £20mil on 2 defenders

Your not wrong there, it's fucking comical right now :icon_lol:

I hope hes shit. Cos at the minute we have one of the worst defences in the league and unlimited funds apparently. And Spurs have just spent ngh on £20mil on 2 defenders

Your not wrong there, it's fucking comical right now :icon_lol:

Did they get Woodgate for £11m ?

Guest Patrokles

Spurs signed Woodgate because he turned us down. It's not like Keegan didn't try. I fail to see who we're supposed to be buying, who is available. Half the people didn't even want Woodgate anyway. Any excuse to whinge.

Spud's squad must be twice the size of an other premier league club by now.

They're like China they keep adding without actually letting anyone out.

Routhledge and Ghaly?

Gilberto Fails Tottenham Medical

Brazilian left-back Gilberto will not be moving to Tottenham after failing a medical.

zoom - galleria The Brazilian is out of contract at Hertha Berlin in the summer, which is when he was expected to complete a Bosman move to White Hart Lane.

However, things sped up after Spurs were able to agree a cut-price deal with the Bundesliga club to sign him in January itself.

Gilberto jetted into London for a medical last week, but a deal was not struck.

He then had a second medical, which, it has now been confimed he has failed.

The Berlin club say as much on their website, stating: "Gilberto will not be moving to Tottenham after concerns over a second medical."

Spurs have yet to comment on this. The defender turns 32 in April, and age could have been a factor.

Neal Glew, Goal.com

:icon_lol: