Kev admits it's Toon late

bawan

Newcastle boss Kevin Keegan admits that he will find it difficult to strengthen his side before the transfer window closes on Thursday night.

The Magpies are yet to score under the new Keegan regime, and any reinforcements are unlikely to be incoming until the summer.

Keegan revealed that despite him not adding to his squad it has not been for the want of trying - but claims that there are no players available who are better than his current squad members.

"I'll be honest with you - I've sat down and looked, and there isn't anyone out there who is going to strengthen us better than when the four players come back from the African Nations Cup," Keegan told the Newcastle Chronicle.

"They'll be back with us in two-and-a-half weeks, and there's just nothing out there.

"I cannot let anybody go out. I've had inquiries for three players - one loan and two to sell, but I can't do it - it would be madness.

"It wouldn't be impossible to sell as I haven't got enough players."

Derby County confirmed on Tuesday that a bid from Newcastle for Giles Barnes had been rejected, while Levante centre-half Alvero has been linked with a move to Tyneside.

I Hope that means we won't be getting that shite of a defender Alvero.

Edited by bawan

Newcastle boss Kevin Keegan admits that he will find it difficult to strengthen his side before the transfer window closes on Thursday night.

The Magpies are yet to score under the new Keegan regime, and any reinforcements are unlikely to be incoming until the summer.

Keegan revealed that despite him not adding to his squad it has not been for the want of trying - but claims that there are no players available who are better than his current squad members.

"I'll be honest with you - I've sat down and looked, and there isn't anyone out there who is going to strengthen us better than when the four players come back from the African Nations Cup," Keegan told the Newcastle Chronicle.

"They'll be back with us in two-and-a-half weeks, and there's just nothing out there.

"I cannot let anybody go out. I've had inquiries for three players - one loan and two to sell, but I can't do it - it would be madness.

"It wouldn't be impossible to sell as I haven't got enough players."

Derby County confirmed on Tuesday that a bid from Newcastle for Giles Barnes had been rejected, while Levante centre-half Alvero has been linked with a move to Tyneside.

I Hope that means we won't be getting that shite of a defender Alvero.

Someone has really over sold him our squad.