Top clubs consider overseas games

Tom

Man Utd are and always have been a special case though. I agree with what you're saying but I just think it's wrong. The people who go to the games should be the most important (especially away fans) but they're treat like second class citizens. I also think this could be the thin end of the wedge with foreign franchises etc. Start your own fucking leagues.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man Utd are and always have been a special case though. I agree with what you're saying but I just think it's wrong. The people who go to the games should be the most important (especially away fans) but they're treat like second class citizens. I also think this could be the thin end of the wedge with foreign franchises etc. Start your own fucking leagues.

I agree totally with what you're saying, especially the thin end of the wedge piece. Unfortunately the fans who went were the most important because they had the only money that the clubs could get their hands on by getting them through the door. That distinction is forever gone.

I love this rumour that the U.S. owners (can't remember if it's Liv or ManU) let it slip that they would use some of the profits/capital from the U.K business (the football club) to fund their ice hockey side in the U.S.

Utter cunts really. :P

Well FC United, AFC wimbledon and Newcastle Blue Star can all bugger off and create the Real Football League, I doubt anyone would really care. I read an interesting thing the other day where nearly all the failing clubs that had been taken over by the fans, and presumably the closest you can get to this mythical local football culture club, are all worse off, some even a division below, since they were taken over.

As for why can't it be a friendly, no local supporter can be arsed to go when PSV or Barca come for a friendly, so I don't think that idea flies with most chairmen. Competitive football is competitive football, wherever it is played, that's the point.

Well FC United, AFC wimbledon and Newcastle Blue Star can all bugger off and create the Real Football League, I doubt anyone would really care. I read an interesting thing the other day where nearly all the failing clubs that had been taken over by the fans, and presumably the closest you can get to this mythical local football culture club, are all worse off, some even a division below, since they were taken over.

As for why can't it be a friendly, no local supporter can be arsed to go when PSV or Barca come for a friendly, so I don't think that idea flies with most chairmen. Competitive football is competitive football, wherever it is played, that's the point.

The point is that it's the English Premier League. Surely the English Premier League should be played with in the English FA's boundaries?

Barcelona is another one of those 'failing clubs' I suppose. Muppet. :P

I love this rumour that the U.S. owners (can't remember if it's Liv or ManU) let it slip that they would use some of the profits/capital from the U.K business (the football club) to fund their ice hockey side in the U.S.

Utter cunts really. :P

Liverpool I think.

Why don't Man utd, Liverpool and co just pair up with some clubs in Japan or wherever and change the name of the Japanese clubs to Manchester Tokyo United or some shit and let them have the same crest and then play them in friendlies often and send younger players on loan there etc, I'm sure they would still all go crazy over there for it.

What I thought was pathetic was seeing a group of Indians, Japanese, Chinese and others from that region all dancing round in 2000-01 season Man U tops with crappy flags banging on about how their the champions :P Yes there is money to be had but it makes no odds whatsoever if it's a competitive Premiership match or a friendly between Premiership teams they will turn up for it either way, tbh I'm not sure how much they even know or care about football they just support the winners and obsess over who they think the media tells them too i.e Beckham and C.Ronaldo an example of this is when Real Madrid went to Japan (I think it was Japan) but Beckham was injured the Real Madrid players Zidane, Carlos, Figo et al were booed they just wanted to see David Beckham.

Edited by Barton7

I bet you got into football at the age of 18 about 12 years ago.

The point is that it's the English Premier League. Surely the English Premier League should be played with in the English FA's boundaries?

Responsibility for where and when the Premier League plays its matches has had sod all to do with the FA since 1992.

Barca have never been taken over by their fans to regain 'local football' from the chairmen. Learn your history.

Responsibility for where and when the Premier League plays its matches has had sod all to do with the FA since 1992.

Why 1992?

Why 1992?

Breakaway of the PL.

Why 1992?

Breakaway of the PL.

Aye, from the Football League. Not the FA.

Why 1992?

Breakaway of the PL.

Do some research.

Why 1992?

Breakaway of the PL.

Do some research.

The Premier League started in 1992. Before that the teams were in the Football League. I don't need to look it up because I was into football back then.

Why 1992?

Breakaway of the PL.

Do some research.

The Premier League started in 1992. Before that the teams were in the Football League. I don't need to look it up because I was into football back then.

You need to research what becoming the PL meant for the relationship between the Division 1 clubs as a body to the FA, to what the PL is to the FA.

Barca have never been taken over by their fans to regain 'local football' from the chairmen. Learn your history.

Not the point I'm making is it? They are members and they elect the president every 3 years. If they don't like it he's out. Like to see them try that at ManU.

The reason I use Barca numbnuts is cause they refused sponsorship on their shirts and in the end only let a charity on there.

"Whereas most European soccer teams get huge sums of money for wearing a sponsor’s logo across the front of their shirts, FC Barcelona players wear the UNICEF symbol across their chests, much to Laporta’s pride. The club also donates 1.5 million euros per year to the foundation."

If you don't understand something special and important about this I'm wasting my time with you.

Edited by Park Life

Why 1992?

Breakaway of the PL.

Do some research.

You need to research what becoming the PL meant for the relationship between the Division 1 clubs as a body to the FA, to what the PL is to the FA.

What we on about again?

Why 1992?

Breakaway of the PL.

Do some research.

What we on about again?

Something you know fuckall about but still claim you're right, as usual.

Not the point I'm making is it? They are members and they elect the president every 3 years. If they don't like it he's out. Like to see them try that at ManU.

The reason I use Barca numbnuts is cause they refused sponsorship on their shirts and in the end only let a charity on there.

"Whereas most European soccer teams get huge sums of money for wearing a sponsor’s logo across the front of their shirts, FC Barcelona players wear the UNICEF symbol across their chests, much to Laporta’s pride. The club also donates 1.5 million euros per year to the foundation."

If you don't understand something special and important about this I'm wasting my time with you.

It's easy to be magnanimous when you have money pouring out your ears you sanctimonious prick, I'm talking about the fan converted clubs from chairman ownership to 'local football'. Barca is a complete irrelevance to that situation.

It's easy to be magnanimous when you have money pouring out your ears you sanctimonious prick, I'm talking about the fan converted clubs from chairman ownership to 'local football'. Barca is a complete irrelevance to that situation.

Barca is a club essentially run by fans yes? And the membership (the fans) has a big say yes? The reason they have so much money is that they actually don't really need it....Their actual powebase IS the fans.

'Mythical local football culture'???

You don't think footie culture exist in Britain or Italy or Spain?? Strange.