KK - Like the advert?

peasepud

52 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Its not a KK out thread or anything like that, just purely and simply... are you as happy now as you were the day he came?

My answer is yes, because I wasnt enthusiastic about it at the time and didnt expect anything to come from it, unfortunately its playing out as I feared tbh.

We've had a shockingly harsh amount of fixtures recently, well away from home anyways, been robbed at home to The Smogs. No manager could turn this round at the moment to what everyone is expecting anyways. The players just simply aren't good enough.

It's easy to have a go when you look at the statistics but Arsenal away twice, and Villa isn't exactly an easy place to go.

Smoggies were lucky to get anything from us and Bolton came for the draw.

I still have faith we can turn it around, we just need to remember that we need to play football for 90 minutes not 45.

face it Newcastle fans,it doesn't matter WHO you bring in,your team will ALWAYS struggle in the Prem.too bad really because you have some of the best fans in the world,yet your club ALWAYS lets you down,no matter WHO the manager is.i truly wish that someone could come in and reward all of you regarding the passion and loyalty all of you have shown,but until that happens Newcastle will ALWAYS be a "runner-up",and i mean that will all due respect.you really ARE a big club,but it's always been your management that's let you loyal fans down.hopefully that will change soon.this coming from Mnachester United fan by the way.

A retarded Manchester United fan yesterday <_<

I expected us to lose against Arsenal like everyone else, and was disappointed we couldn't get 3 points against Bolton and the Smoggies. After all they are battling to avoid relegation and were expected to put up a fight, and we can expect more of that from the other relegation battlers in the coming weeks. But yesterday's performance really, really concerned me. The first half was OK, without being dominant. The second half we looked like shit, and I don't use the word shit loosely.

As I said in my post in the game day thread, Ashley and Mort have timed this badly. I won't critisise KK at all, but his input at the club at this time of the season was always going to be limited. You can only talk up the players so much before reality sets in and they fail because they aren't good enough. Where can KK go from here to motivate the players?

That's why I'll always view the sacking of Allardyce as a huge mistake by Ashley and Mort. They couldn't have got the timing anymore wrong imo. If it leads us to relegation (and obviously I hope it doesn't!) then these two will go down as the biggest failures in the club's history (of which the most recent of it is unenviable to say the least).

Edited by Ken

Not going to answer the poll. Where is the "OMG I forgot how unrealistic most of our fans were?" option?

I was content when he came. Didnt think he would. As soon as he did I wrote the rest of the season off. Wasnt bothered we didnt sign anyone in the winter as I doubt it would have made much difference. I see it as him needing the rest of the season to learn about what he has. He will need to experiment and try different options, just as Sam said he had to do in the first half of the season.

I'll re-iterate we wont go down. We wont look pretty and I reckon while we will pick up points, we will loose a fair bit as we have now. Im just not about to over react after only a handful of games.

Not going to answer the poll. Where is the "OMG I forgot how unrealistic most of our fans were?" option?

I was content when he came. Didnt think he would. As soon as he did I wrote the rest of the season off. Wasnt bothered we didnt sign anyone in the winter as I doubt it would have made much difference. I see it as him needing the rest of the season to learn about what he has. He will need to experiment and try different options, just as Sam said he had to do in the first half of the season.

I'll re-iterate we wont go down. We wont look pretty and I reckon while we will pick up points, we will loose a fair bit as we have now. Im just not about to over react after only a handful of games.

Milner

Duff

Martins

England's Michael Owen For fucks sake

Taylor

N'Zogbia...

and a few i cant be arsed to name because im hungover, are all better than a relegation battle if they can be arsed to actually play and start caring.

I do hope Ashley means what he says and that there will be BIG activity in the transfer window this summer. I still have faith in Keegan but it does depend on him being able to bring in new faces. Do we look like an attractive prospect at the moment to any player?

If I were a cynic I would say it's starting to look like a quick sale in the summer could look tempting now that the club is debt free and there is ever more interest in exporting the Premiership.

Edited by Asprilla

Was definitely told he'd have loads of money to spend when he arrived. I'd be concerned about attracting players though.

Pay them enough and they'll come

With the obscene wages players are getting anyway in modern football other factors are becoming more important nowadays imho. This doesn't meant that a move can't be "sold" to these players, it's just becoming more difficult.

As for the original question: What were people expecting? Keegan to be infallible and turning water into wine ... or the likes of Smith, Butt, Carr into decent footballers? Keegan wept. Of course the results against Bolton and Boro were disappointing. But the team is currently just a huge mess, imbalanced and totally out of confidence. Also looking at the repeating second half collapsing it raises concerns about the fitness level. Though, I think nothing of all this comes unexpected at club being in constant turmoil for about three years now. I'd hoped Keegan to have an immidiate effect in putting believe into the players and make them perform better and a result against Bolton would probably have had this effect. So all I hope for now is that we will successfully see the season off by getting some much needed results against the bottom half teams and then will see what Keegan can do next season with players who suit his philosophy and whose morale isn't rock bottom.

Was definitely told he'd have loads of money to spend when he arrived. I'd be concerned about attracting players though.

With the obscene wages players are getting anyway in modern football other factors are becoming more important nowadays imho. This doesn't meant that a move can't be "sold" to these players, it's just becoming more difficult.

As for the original question: What were people expecting? Keegan to be infallible and turning water into wine ... or the likes of Smith, Butt, Carr into decent footballers? Keegan wept. Of course the results against Bolton and Boro were disappointing. But the team is currently just a huge mess, imbalanced and totally out of confidence. Also looking at the repeating second half collapsing it raises concerns about the fitness level. Though, I think nothing of all this comes unexpected at club being in constant turmoil for about three years now. I'd hoped Keegan to have an immidiate effect in putting believe into the players and make them perform better and a result against Bolton would probably have had this effect. So all I hope for now is that we will successfully see the season off by getting some much needed results against the bottom half teams and then will see what Keegan can do next season with players who suit his philosophy and whose morale isn't rock bottom.

Good post.

Overall the new owner is lacking vision.

Good post.

Should've gone to Specsavers

Good post.

Is he? I think this is utter nonsense. You can't get any more vision than sacking a manager whose ego made it impossible to adapt to the club and hiring someone who suits the club. Also I wouldn't call the attempt to give the club a more professional setup "lacking vision". The lack of vision is the smallest problem of the club at the moment if you ask me.

Good post.

Is he? I think this is utter nonsense. You can't get any more vision than sacking a manager whose ego made it impossible to adapt to the club and hiring someone who suits the club. Also I wouldn't call the attempt to give the club a more professional setup "lacking vision". The lack of vision is the smallest problem of the club at the moment if you ask me.

Bang on.

Good post.

I'm prepared to give Wisey and the other assorted 'hangers on' time and hope to god they have a big impact. I don't know if you're honest enough to admit that mates of Kemsley and MA who have questionable (someone will no doubt mention the Real link) pedigree shows that the club has suddenly developed 'a vision'.

It is a move in the right direction and no doubt Mort is managing the admin and collective organisation side much better than in the past...But I have yet to see names that I can hand on heart believe in. I'm being honest.

I'm just as happy as I was when Keegan first arrived I knew it would be a struggle all you had to do was look at the fixtures, we had 2 (arguably 3) of our better players away in Africa and there wasn't long left before the transfer window shut. As long as we stay up this season I'm not worried because I'm still hoping that Ashley is going to keep his word and start showing more ambition and backing Keegan in the transfer market. I don't think our problems are as massive as the papers try to make out, Given has zero confidence at the minute and the centre back pairing is always either chopping and changing or simply not working, the right back is solid and I think Enrique can be a good player for us if we would ever play him. Our wingers are good but given the chance I'd like to see Bentley here, we're also good up front they just don't get the service we could maybe do with a tall striker like a (as much as it makes me sick to say it) Kenewyn Jones or someone in that mould. In my opinion our main problem is the central midfield we have no creativity there whatsoever just a bunch of 'destroyers' who can't even do that, this area definitely needs strengthening, other than that it's a case of confidence being shot to pieces and a terrible league position which the blame falls at the feet of (as much as he thinks it doesn't) Allardyce, we had so many easy points squandered under him.

Obviously having a new centre back, new central midfield, new tall powerful striker and David Bentley all here and the team full of confidence is a very tough task but hopefully we can get somewhere near it for next season and we may do alright with that and finish in the top half possibly challenging for a UEFA cup spot.

I'm just as happy as I was when Keegan first arrived I knew it would be a struggle all you had to do was look at the fixtures, we had 2 (arguably 3) of our better players away in Africa and there wasn't long left before the transfer window shut. As long as we stay up this season I'm not worried because I'm still hoping that Ashley is going to keep his word and start showing more ambition and backing Keegan in the transfer market. I don't think our problems are as massive as the papers try to make out, Given has zero confidence at the minute and the centre back pairing is always either chopping and changing or simply not working, the right back is solid and I think Enrique can be a good player for us if we would ever play him. Our wingers are good but given the chance I'd like to see Bentley here, we're also good up front they just don't get the service we could maybe do with a tall striker like a (as much as it makes me sick to say it) Kenewyn Jones or someone in that mould. In my opinion our main problem is the central midfield we have no creativity there whatsoever just a bunch of 'destroyers' who can't even do that, this area definitely needs strengthening, other than that it's a case of confidence being shot to pieces and a terrible league position which the blame falls at the feet of (as much as he thinks it doesn't) Allardyce, we had so many easy points squandered under him.

Obviously having a new centre back, new central midfield, new tall powerful striker and David Bentley all here and the team full of confidence is a very tough task but hopefully we can get somewhere near it for next season and we may do alright with that and finish in the top half possibly challenging for a UEFA cup spot.

Trouble is, that's exactly what every other club outside the top four thinks. To change anything we're going to have to catch up on the last four or five seasons worth of treading water. I can't see it happening unless Ashley spends over the odds to get some top players here. Chelsea paid obscene amounts for players for a couple of years but now they're only having to add the odd player and have reverted to paying sensible money again IMO.

It's easy to have a go when you look at the statistics but Arsenal away twice, and Villa isn't exactly an easy place to go.

Smoggies were lucky to get anything from us and Bolton came for the draw.

I still have faith we can turn it around, we just need to remember that we need to play football for 90 minutes not 45.

Aye the Arsenal games you may as well just ignore, Bolton was genuinely no time and they came completely looking for the draw (and a team with our lack of creativity is always going to struggle vs a team with a constant 10 men behind the ball).

Villa and Boro, well good and bad in there, but still it's the same squad with the same problems and no magic wand.

Trouble is, that's exactly what every other club outside the top four thinks. To change anything we're going to have to catch up on the last four or five seasons worth of treading water. I can't see it happening unless Ashley spends over the odds to get some top players here. Chelsea paid obscene amounts for players for a couple of years but now they're only having to add the odd player and have reverted to paying sensible money again IMO.

I agree, I hope Ashley does back Keegan with cash (because it will have to be a lot) to get in players like Bentley we need a large splurge of cash like what City did at the start of the season. Actually adding to my point before we need a midfield who can hold onto the ball because at the minute the pressure is rarely off the defence, watching the Manchester derby before I noticed that although City were under pressure for long periods of the 2nd half they managed to take time on the attack and were always able to avoid losing the ball by passing, we rarely do this whenever we attack it always looks rushed especially when the ball falls to our central midfield players they can't seem to get rid quick enough.

Edited by Barton7

Seriously. He's been here 25 DAYS.

You can't really blame the papers for putting pressure on Newcastle managers, when threads like this get started so soon.

Does it say "Keegan out"? you tit

What Im getting at is whether people are as confident in him as they were 25 days ago, all the fervour and hype that surrounded his return yet since then weve had two shoddy draws against poor opposition. No, I dont expect us to be storming the league after 25 days but I did expect to see the man himself look like he was doing something. Making the same mistakes as BSA did isnt improving.

Watching us getting torn apart by Villa and doing nowt to try and combat it? no purchases in the transfer window? watch him against ManUre in a fortnights time and see how often he actually gets up and shouts instructions. I reckon 2 maybe 3 times against Boro.

If Allardyce had picked that team on Saturday and lacked substitutions in the same way there would have been hell on on here.