Ronaldo...

Tooj

MILAN - A.C. Milan communicate that after the first checks made at the Galeazzi hospital in Milan to the player Ronaldo, a rupture to his kneecap ligament was found in his left knee.

"You can’t understand the noise Ronaldo’s knee made, I heard it though."

“Straight away Ronaldo told us: It’s like last time."

Milan have now confirmed Ronaldo has completely severed the tendon in his left knee, effectively ending his career.

The striker collapsed as he jumped to reach a cross during tonight’s 1-1 draw with Livorno and immediately the situation seemed to be serious.

His teammates waved for medical staff and called for a substitution as he was stretchered off the field in tears.

Ronaldo was rushed to a local hospital to undergo tests and initial reports suggesting he had completely severed the tendon were confirmed on the official Rossoneri website.

Ronnie has already suffered this type of injury twice before in 1998 and 2000, but that was in his right knee.

As there was talk of a possible retirement at the end of this season, if the diagnosis is confirmed then it is likely Ronaldo’s career is over.

An injury of this type requires a player to be out of action for between nine months and a year.

It's almost a decade since that final and just a little longer when it all started to go wrong despite all the success after. Yet despite all that went on my memories of Ronaldo will still be of a player who raised the bar for all players to reach since Maradona at his pomp, who knows what he could have acheived if it weren't for injuries and his motivational problems. One thing is for certain is that his genius is yet to have been matched by anyone of the the current generation and none of them ever will. The best player of my time without any shadow of a doubt.

Here are some videos of Ronaldo at his best, to lay tribute to an absolute phenomenon.

:lol::D:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cant believe some of you idiots. greatest player of all time

Only a skyboy would ever say that. He's not even in the top 5.

Holds record for most goals scored in the world cup. Scored an amazin amount of goals for every club he has been at. Proven in every major league apart from the english league. What more can he do? You cant say any of that for Pele

Years Club App (Gls)*

1993-1994 Cruzeiro 13 (12)

1994-1996 PSV Eindhoven 46 (42)

1996-1997 FC Barcelona 37 (34)

1997-2002 Inter Milan 69 (49)

2002-2007 Real Madrid 127 (83)

2007- A.C. Milan 16 0(9)

1994-2006 Brazil 97 (62)

Look at that and go and die moron

Edited by triggy99

shit, the best player of my childhood retiring due to injury

:D

Don't forget it was also injury that finished Shearer's career!!!

At least we got to see the best of Ronaldo i.e. he must be in his thirties by now (guessing).

yeh but he was that one player who was "the best in the world" for a while to everyone I knew

I'm gunna miss the fat sod

and you know what, he's still banging them in for me on pro evo :lol:

Cant believe some of you idiots. greatest player of all time imo and i hope he can comeback from this as he doesnt deserve to go out the game through injury.

He wasn't that, but he was amazing in his peak (which should have lasted a LOT longer), and well up there. He had some really bad haircuts though, but got a lot more criticism for his football than he deserved, he still was pretty damn good when everyone was calling him " :lol: ".