Come back Bramble, all is forgiven

Row Z

It seems unthinkable that the defence could have gotten any worse since the heart-in-mouth days of Boumsong and Bramble, but it has! The defence is appaling and looks well capable of conceding 5 goals every week. Ok Man Utd are exceptional in the forward areas but at least make them work for their win.

1st goal - no marking

2nd goal - just let Ronaldo run straight through

3rd goal - Steven Taylor look away now

4th goal - two poor clearances

5th goal - too easy

At least Bramble liked a Haymaker tackle every now and then!! Right now i'm thinking we bring him back as player manager, thoughts ? :hiya:

You do raise a point there - was Bramble's overall contribution to the defence actually that bad? He made lots of mistakes, but the same applies to all defenders. Maybe it's just that Bramble's mistakes are so laughable. I'm told statistics show his tackling success rate is superb.

I actually think there's a player somewhere in Cacapa, but maybe he cant handle English football. 6 years at Lyon, he can't be crap. Taylor is like a white Titus Bramble, always a mistake waiting to happen. We must be the most expensively assembled relegation battlers in history.

I actually think there's a player somewhere in Cacapa, but maybe he cant handle English football. 6 years at Lyon, he can't be crap. Taylor is like a white Titus Bramble, always a mistake waiting to happen. We must be the most expensively assembled relegation battlers in history.

Play him at left back - cacapa that is

Edited by Norbert Colon

Play him at left back - cacapa that is

Cacapa Or Taylor? Neither iyam.

I say we play edgar at left back, clearly not the player we want there, but certainly showed more passion and positional sense than the alternatives.

Nows the opportunity to give the kids a run at it.

Given

Beye- Taylor- Cacapa- Edgar

Milner- Faye- N'Zogbia- Duff

Owen- Carroll

Harper

Enrique

LuaLua

Smith

Martins

at least the bench gives us attacking options

I say we play edgar at left back, clearly not the player we want there, but certainly showed more passion and positional sense than the alternatives.

Nows the opportunity to give the kids a run at it.

Given

Beye- Taylor- Cacapa- Edgar

Milner- Faye- N'Zogbia- Duff

Owen- Carroll

Harper

Enrique

LuaLua

Smith

Martins

at least the bench gives us attacking options

Swap the keepers over tbh.

Enrique might be alright at LB. He needs a chance. With none of our strikers likely to score in a brothel I reckon Bramble could come in and do a job up front. His strike at Anfield showed his quality.

Guest Patrokles

Basing that on one game against Manchester United, in which he scored?