It dawned on me yesterday. My rant

richg

When Keegan was doing well (not great). Man United were losing to Galatasaray in the group stages of the champions league, batty and le saux fighting on the touchline against helsingborgs or some other random norwegian team. Carlton Palmer, Jason Lee.........But now the top 4 in the Champions League quarters etc etc.

What an archaic club must we continue to support here. Keegan's reasoning for being the right person for the job is that he understands the city............bollocks! For a man who scrapped our reserves in the late 90's, what's gannin on?! It's all parochial nonsense. We need to get rid of this "special Newcastle crap".

Oddly the only way i think is to produce more homegrown talent supported by more russians, eastern europeans, scots etc. All I ask now for is that the club stops trying to please the "Geordie Nation" as they seem to be impressed by names. It's all too depressing. I just want to want to watch good football.

(I have to add I'm not a season ticket holder (I was), I live 18,000 miles away from SJP but still have to endure the bullshit)

yes, loads of people know mate. He got rid of them because he was told by the FA he had to play a certain amount of reserve and youth team fixtures on the already rotten pitch at SJP. He refused because he knew that it would ruin the pitch further and that would hamper the 1st team.

This is a tired old argument which is not based on fact. I appreciate that we should not look on Keegan with rose tinted specs because of what he once achieved, but if we are to judge him, let it be for his real faults, not those created by the media or otherwise.

I have no idea why he got rid the reserves? does anyone?

Because we were having problems with the SJP pitch at the time and the premier league introduced a rule that 75% of the games had to played on your home ground. A few teams threatened to do what Keegan did but in the end they bottled it and waited for the rule to be revoked a couple of years later - by which time Keegan had left.

[What happens after Keegan] - That's what every right minded supporter should be thinking. And Mike Ashley.

don't infer you're a "right minded supporter", it's quite ludicrous

[What happens after Keegan] - That's what every right minded supporter should be thinking. And Mike Ashley.

Speaking personally I see Keegan's job as being to make me fall in love with football again - if he gets us going in the right direction with a few good players that's a start - then we can build on it.

I think he's here to smooth over the disquiet the fans are suffering at the minute. He'll keep us up spend some money over the next year or so, then we'll approach someone and he'll move on or move up

Speaking personally I see Keegan's job as being to make me fall in love with football again - if he gets us going in the right direction with a few good players that's a start - then we can build on it.

Ahhh so hes using reverse psychology then :lol:

I think he's here to smooth over the disquiet the fans are suffering at the minute. He'll keep us up spend some money over the next year or so, then we'll approach someone and he'll move on or move up

He's here because Ashley couldn't think of any better option, and went with the opinion of the first gurning sky camera mong he encountered in the away section at Fulham.

He's here because Ashley couldn't think of any better option, and went with the opinion of the first gurning sky camera mong he encountered in the away section at Fulham.

I bet Ashley's glad he's got your counsel

On current evidence, I'd give better advice than Mort.

On current evidence, I'd give better advice than Mort.

Wise is rambling and wild eyed staring at Mort across the cravass of their respective backgrounds and understanding of the game. We can only wait.

Edited by Park Life

funny how the shite the media spouts come's trickling down thu the supporters.

if keegans so shit , that means there is at least 15 managers in this league thats alot worse .

ofc we wanted a foreigner ehh ? someone who doesnt know the region or what the fan's want, that worked great with fat sam , he's foreign enough for me tyvm .

I get the impression there's a few fans knocking around who openly show that they're this new breed who lack patience, encourage the exact sort of support which the media are always taking the piss out of the Toon for and probably either weren't around when Keegan was last at the club or just believe everything they read from non-factual press articles.

How can any of you criticise KK for lacking ability and knowledge - fuck off you morons - you obviously do not have a fucking clue - this is a bloke who took a completely shit team (i know cos i watched them - something a few on here did not have the pleasure of) and blended together with not that much money a side that was at times breathtaking and got us out of the second rate no hope league we had been toiling in for years - not only that but took us to a level not seen in these parts for a generation - ok he has a struggle at the moment with players he would not have chosen - it is very similar to his first time round but when he gets us out of trouble and is allowed to work his undoubted magic you lot that are so quick to point the shitty finger should fuck off and hang your heads in shame - you wankstains - go and support (?) some fucker else (may i suggest gretna)

I get the impression there's a few fans knocking around who openly show that they're this new breed who lack patience, encourage the exact sort of support which the media are always taking the piss out of the Toon for and probably either weren't around when Keegan was last at the club or just believe everything they read from non-factual press articles.

Bang on.

Bang on.

The last thing we can be accused of as a failing is patience.

Bang on.

Loads of fans are dead impatient though.

Bang on.

Loads of fans are dead impatient though.

Loads of fans are dumbasses as well. :puke: