Trivia

paddy

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dunno if this one has been asked before but I'll give it a go....

What player has won the Champions League (so not Mendieta) , the UEFA Cup, the Premier League and has also been relegated from the Pemier League, and is currently playing still in the Prem?

What player has won the Champions League (so not Mendieta) , the UEFA Cup, the Premier League and has also been relegated from the Pemier League, and is currently playing still in the Prem?

Nicky Butt didn't do that.

Nicky Butt didn't do that.

Nope... no UEFA Cup for him.

Tis a thinker like... I didn't get it tbh.

Dwight Yorke? :icon_lol:

Was he relegated with Birmingham?

Kanu?

Was he relegated with Birmingham?

I think so. But he hasn't won the UEFA cup so thats him out.

Kanu?

We have a winner!

Kanu?

We have a winner!

Who did he win the UEFA with ? Inter ?

Kanu?

We have a winner!

Who did he win the UEFA with ? Inter ?

Aye. I think that was the question that my mate meant to ask me that I passed on earlier in this thread...

ok here's one for you.

only one player in world football has played for 2 different countries and scored for them both in the world cup... in both cases it wasnt an own goal, just a normal one!...

Puskas?

ok here's one for you.

only one player in world football has played for 2 different countries and scored for them both in the world cup... in both cases it wasnt an own goal, just a normal one!...

hhmm, I recon it must be a player that played for the Yugoslavia in one competition and one of the fragmented countries in another.

ok here's one for you.

hhmm, I recon it must be a player that played for the Yugoslavia in one competition and one of the fragmented countries in another.

Good shout.

Kanu?

For fuck's sake the answer was near enough on the first page. :icon_lol:

Right, to tidy this up, when I was asked the question (at the beginning of last season) there were NINE players who had scored for 5+ prem teams.

Of that original nine, you've got seven:

Ferdinand

Cole

Sheringham

Collymore

Carbone

Ward

Barmby

Bonus points to Alex, Keith and Walliver for pointing out that four more players have joined the "5+ Club" since (are there anymore?):

Yorke

Bellamy

Anelka

Sutton

So you are still looking for TWO players from that original nine.

Guest Stevie
Who was the last Tyneside born player to score two or more in a FA Cup Final?

Wor Jackie?

No Jackie wasn't born on Tyneside.

ok here's one for you.

Klinsmann

Edited by Sima

ok here's one for you.

By definition Klinsman is one because he played for both West Germany and Germany.

Robert Prosinečki who scored for Yugoslavia in the '90 finals and then Croatia in the 1998 World Cup.

Puskas didn't score for Spain, so it's not him.