Shite movies you quite enjoyed

Kevin Carr's Gloves

Not sure my varying interpretations of the question will be acceptable....

Charlies Angels is cracking fun

Bringing Out The Dead is harshly judged in the Scorsese back catalogue.

I really enjoyed Shawshank and Leon...but they get shiter and shiter.

Hostel gets the shite ripped out of it on here, as does the Descent, I loved them both.

Planet Terror is seen as the inferior partner to Death Proof, but it should have been Rodriguez's film in Cannes and that.

Meet The Parents and Meet The Fockers are excellent comedies if you ask me.

Pleasantville doesn't get the praise it deserves.

The Story of Ricky is poorly acted with terrible effects and is hilarious.

Missed the blatant subtext probably.

Both condescending and pretentious at once. I expect better of you Alex.

:icon_lol:

I was quoting you btw.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hostel gets the shite ripped out of it on here, as does the Descent, I loved them both.

Planet Terror is seen as the inferior partner to Death Proof, but it should have been Rodriguez's film in Cannes and that.

I was quoting you btw.

I know. But without a wink I thought I'd suggest otherwise for people without memories of the glory days of the film thread.

I was quoting you btw.

I know. But without a wink I thought I'd suggest otherwise for people without memories of the glory days of the film thread.

Those were the days like *gets misty eyed*

I think Mallrats is Smith's funniest film - its not the best (Dogma) or even better than Clerks but I think its the simplistically funniest.

On the topic I really liked both Under Sieges and whilst accepting all the cliches about Seagal I also find some of his other films watchable.

Edited by NJS

Mannequin. Really fancied Kim Catrell back then and I used to watch The Golden Girls with my mam so having Estelle Getty in also helped but I've always loved this. James Spader is fantastic a pantomime villan and bloke off Police Academy is does is usual act. Great fun.

Carry On Screaming. Another one from my childhood (I used to love all of the carry on films) and despite not featuring the genius that was Sid James I always thought this was the best actuall film of them all.

I enjoyed Hudson Hawk too.

What do you mean back then, she'd still be top of my milf, probably gilf, list and would still get it at least twice.

Mallrats. Inherently awful, but I still have a lot of time for it.

Me too :icon_lol:

Seeing Smith has been trying to remake Clerks ever since he made Clerks that could apply to most of his films since, even Dogma is just a a biblical video shop.

Mannequin. Really fancied Kim Catrell back then and I used to watch The Golden Girls with my mam so having Estelle Getty in also helped but I've always loved this. James Spader is fantastic a pantomime villan and bloke off Police Academy is does is usual act. Great fun.

Carry On Screaming. Another one from my childhood (I used to love all of the carry on films) and despite not featuring the genius that was Sid James I always thought this was the best actuall film of them all.

What do you mean back then, she'd still be top of my milf, probably gilf, list and would still get it at least twice.

Seeing Smith has been trying to remake Clerks ever since he made Clerks that could apply to most of his films since, even Dogma is just a a biblical video shop.

True but back then she was stunning.

True but back then she was stunning.

Actually that reminds me, Masquerade absolute load of toss but Kim Catrell spends most of it naked! :(

Theresa Russell, although not as fit was the other actress at the time that spent most of her time thrilling me as an audience member by taking her clothes off all the time. Black Widow!!!

Special mention to Porky's and Big Trouble in Little China. They aren't shit by any means, I was just thinking of Kim Cattrell.

Edited by alex

Special mention to Porky's and Big Trouble in Little China. They aren't shit by any means, I was just thinking of Kim Cattrell.

Aye I was going to mention Porky's too. Big Trouble In Little China is one of the best films ever made. Fact!

Aye I was going to mention Porky's too. Big Trouble In Little China is one of the best films ever made. Fact!

I'm going to watch it tonight I've decided. It's fucking mint. :icon_lol:

It's tough calling them shite, because they are greats to me. Films I grew up with or enjoyed from a certain time, perspective... but when you look around the net you see how some people would consider them crap.

Twins

Last Action Hero

Encino Man (fantastic movie :icon_lol:)

Scary Movie 2 (that one very specifically, all others are terrible)

All enjoyable films. I'm proud to say I've avoided all of the Scary Movies, it seems so redundant to make a parody of a parody.

the scary movies are ded funny apart from the 4th which is rubbish

Thought one was okay. It was new. Two is fantastic. The whole shtick with the guy and the deformed hand had me in tears of laughter at the cinema.

3, 4 and 5 made me want to kill myself.