Revolver

luckyluke

Whatever you do, do not go and see this.

There isn't even the slightest hint of plot. I feel violated. That bastard Ritchie has played a trick on me by fooling me into paying to see this monsterous piece of shit. The cheeky cunt does not deserve to make money from this; I beg of you, do not make the same mistake I did.

It's been getting a right slagging from everyone. I saw an ITV jizzfest about it on Friday night which was basically a 30 minute promotional video for it with some over excited presenter claiming it was the best film you'd ever see. Always know when a film is going to be shite when they go out of their way to promote it in this way. I hear Guy Richie and Madonna got booed coming up the red carpet because they wouldn't sign an autographs or stop for photos. When they arrived on this programme they edited the sound to cheers and the presenter interviews them straight after and says 'you got a fantastic reception'. Fuck me gently.

There isn't even the slightest hint of plot. I feel violated. That bastard Ritchie has played a trick on me by fooling me into paying to see this monsterous piece of shit. The cheeky cunt does not deserve to make money from this; I beg of you, do not make the same mistake I did.

38840[/snapback]

Okay lucky, but did you like it? ;)

All reports are unanimous 

This is so bad it might even be worth seeing ..........

38926[/snapback]

I was thinking the same thing, it may achieve cult status by default!

38840[/snapback]

Logic says that if you don't like it, I probably will ;)

I've not seen any of his films including Lock, Stock, but I've read reviews of this and they've all slated it. He was on Film 2005 with Jonathan Ross last week and Ross was definitely doing some arse-licking and talking it up but he did say it was "complex" Ritchie replied that the plot was only complex if you were a bit thick ;)

Doesn't he also manage to get references to Kabbalah in there too? Not under the thumb at all then eh.....?

Doesn't he also manage to get references to Kabbalah in there too?  Not under the thumb at all then eh.....?

38962[/snapback]

I was surprised she wasn't in it tbh.

38980[/snapback]

Surely he's not that under the thumb, she's absolutely gash at acting.

Doesn't he also manage to get references to Kabbalah in there too?  Not under the thumb at all then eh.....?

38962[/snapback]

38980[/snapback]

38981[/snapback]

I quite liked desperately seeking Susan. ;)

Agree with what others have said. Lock, stock was class, but I don't rate Snatch at all and I won't be rushing to see this.

38962[/snapback]

38980[/snapback]

38981[/snapback]

Agree with what others have said. Lock, stock was class, but I don't rate Snatch at all and I won't be rushing to see this.

38988[/snapback]

I thought she was good in Evita, but nowt else that I've seen her in.

38962[/snapback]

38980[/snapback]

38981[/snapback]

38988[/snapback]

It's alright despite Madonna though, wouldn't you say?

38962[/snapback]

38980[/snapback]

38981[/snapback]

38988[/snapback]

It's alright despite Madonna though, wouldn't you say?

38991[/snapback]

Well I guess she was in character (i.e. playing herself as she was in the early 80s). She had a powerful effect on adolescent lads then. Wouldn't watch it again now mind.

I forgot about Evita where she was quite good, although obviously eclipsed by Jimmy Nail!

According to The Sunday Times it's possibly the worst gangster film ever. Praise indeed ;)

38859[/snapback]

It's possibly the worst film of any genre ever.

39012[/snapback]

Bastard! You have now piqued my curiousity so much I'm going to have to see it!

Anyone hear his interview on Radio 5 last week. It was the most pretentious drivel I have ever heard in my life.

Download Mark Kermode's podcast to hear his review of Revolver as well.

I think it was the Guardian that said "Revolver makes Swept Away look like Citizen Kane".

Praise indeed.