Portsmouth

Gemmill

He rarely gave 100% when wearing a Newcastle United shirt. A disgrace and an insult to the fans IMO....

They have ever right to have a go at him. If he gave 100% and was simply shite, it'd be a different matter. But we all know (even those who refuse to admit it) that most of the time he simply couldn't be arsed!

Some people will think that it's merely coincidence that the two players who felt they were bigger than the club have moved onto teams who are currently below us in the league. I don't, I think it's poetic justice!

40062[/snapback]

I also think it's more than "merely coincidence" that Newcastle went from 13th, 11th, 11th, to 4th, 3rd & 5th with those two key, key figures in all 3 campaigns.

40064[/snapback]

no coincidence at all

40066[/snapback]

Lets see where we end up without them then yeah? After all if they're are the difference between success and failure, then by definition both Blackburn and Portsmouth should finish the season above us.... :D

40090[/snapback]

we were 14th

You've said it all before. Hundreds of times. Just let it lie will you.  :lol:

40068[/snapback]

You raving hypocrite! :D

(mind you it makes a nice change for you to be taking a break from your vendetta against Gemmill...)

He rarely gave 100% when wearing a Newcastle United shirt. A disgrace and an insult to the fans IMO....

They have ever right to have a go at him. If he gave 100% and was simply shite, it'd be a different matter. But we all know (even those who refuse to admit it) that most of the time he simply couldn't be arsed!

Some people will think that it's merely coincidence that the two players who felt they were bigger than the club have moved onto teams who are currently below us in the league. I don't, I think it's poetic justice!

40062[/snapback]

I also think it's more than "merely coincidence" that Newcastle went from 13th, 11th, 11th, to 4th, 3rd & 5th with those two key, key figures in all 3 campaigns.

40064[/snapback]

no coincidence at all

40066[/snapback]

Lets see where we end up without them then yeah? After all if they're are the difference between success and failure, then by definition both Blackburn and Portsmouth should finish the season above us.... :D

40090[/snapback]

we were 14th

40091[/snapback]

So neither of them played, no??

And both of them had influences on results of Premiership matches involving teams other than Newcastle??

As I said, lets see where we end up without them....

40090[/snapback]

I still can't understand why nobody would buy Robert. Why couldn't we get even £1M for him!

Just because a few misguided fans had lost patience with him shouldn't stop a professional football manager seeing what he is capable of.

Is there a stat to say how many goals he's given away by a) pissing about or :D standing on the touchline 40 yards off the play hands on hip? Glad to see those lovable loyal Pompey fans, who came on N-O and told us Robert would do brilliantly because they're 'proper' fans who support the team no matter what, are living up to that tag. Were those loud boos I've heard for the last few weeks? Surely not....

Lets see where we end up without them then yeah? After all if they're are the difference between success and failure, then by definition both Blackburn and Portsmouth should finish the season above us.... :lol:

40090[/snapback]

I still can't understand why nobody would buy Robert. Why couldn't we get even £1M for him!

Just because a few misguided fans had lost patience with him shouldn't stop a professional football manager seeing what he is capable of.

40120[/snapback]

Exactly, there was clearly more to it than that :D

You've said it all before. Hundreds of times. Just let it lie will you.  :lol:

40068[/snapback]

You raving hypocrite! :D

(mind you it makes a nice change for you to be taking a break from your vendetta against Gemmill...)

40092[/snapback]

Hypocrite? I don't think so - I didn't bring this up and start talking in tired cliches.

Neither have I got a vendetta against Gemmill. If you look up a few posts, you'll find he has admitted he started this thread as a fishing trip! Sorry I bit like, but don't claim I started it.

BTW Craig, it is completely laughable that you are comparing our situation to Blackburn and Portsmouth, and even more so you are attributing any failure of their sides on our ex-players. Especially since Blackburn have the same points as us and Portsmouth can leapfrog us on Saturday.

Yes, we may come above both of them, and no doubt this huge achievement will confirm to you that that Souness is the bestest manager ever. But there is one tiny difference between us and them. Quite a big difference actually - about £40 million.

40090[/snapback]

40120[/snapback]

Obsessed tbh. I don't think I've ever seen you on a thread that wasn't about Robert.

And we all know how you used to go to games and count his passes.

Obsessed tbh. I don't think I've ever seen you on a thread that wasn't about Robert.

Well you wouldn't would you FFS... you are just as obsessed, you just have a different opinion!

40145[/snapback]

Almost true, I did it once (and it was on the TV). I'm pleased I did because it sank in finally just how bad he was... something like 75% of his passes / touches went to the opposition.

Still, I wouldn't expect someone like you to believe that.

You haven't yet explained why no manager in the UK or overseas would pay for him when NUFC were quite obviously prepared to let him go for next to nothing.

You just can't accept that you are wrong about him can you?

Edited by Grimbo

Well you wouldn't would you FFS... you are just as obsessed, you just have a different opinion!

40145[/snapback]

Almost true, I did it once (and it was on the TV). I'm pleased I did because it sank in finally just how bad he was... something like 75% of his passes / touches went to the opposition.

Still, I wouldn't expect someone like you to believe that.

You haven't yet explained why no manager in the UK or overseas would pay for him when NUFC were quite obviously prepared to let him go for next to nothing.

You just can't accept that you are wrong about him can you?

40147[/snapback]

His wages are too high, and Souness lowered his value by slagging him off. It's not rocket science.

I really, really don't want to get dragged in to another Robert argument, for the time being it is over. But to use his form this season so far as an argument against him is completely mad imo, I was just pointing that out.

And no, of course I don't accept I was wrong about him, I know what Robert contributed because its written in balck and white (goal assists and goals scored). You, on the other hand are arguing from home made stats (I'm sure you said you did the counting at a home match btw, if it was away it changes things anyway), subjective opinions, and tired cliches.

As robert will probably never play for us again, I (and many others) obviously will never agree with you, so why can't we just put this to bed and stop obsessing about him!

40062[/snapback]

40064[/snapback]

no coincidence at all

40066[/snapback]

40090[/snapback]

But we've signed even better players than those in their positions. If we can't even match at least 5th position (our worst when Bellamy & Robert were regulars), we've had a bad year IMO.

I didn't bother to read most of this thread as its all been done before. At a guess i'll assume Grimbo turned up at some point ot have an meaningless whinge about Robert and will then not post on any other thread.

Other than that how people can claim that if we finish above Pompey and Blackburn it indicates those 2 players are to blame is beyond me. We have spent millions to be better than those two teams on players like Owen, Emre and Parker that is what will make us finish above them.

Its becoming quite clear that the reason Bellamy and Robert issues keep on goign is because of the people who slate them and can't resist digs start these things. Other people respond, but the "haters" start it and should give it a rest.

Also Gemmill you don't want to turn this into the smb where somebody makes a stupid comment, gets replies pointing that out, then goes "Chomp" or mentions bites, fishing or boats, even though you were doing it deliberately!

I didn't bother to read most of this thread as its all been done before. At a guess i'll assume Grimbo turned up at some point ot have an meaningless whinge about Robert and will then not post on any other thread.

Other than that how people can claim that if we finish above Pompey and Blackburn it indicates those 2 players are to blame is beyond me. We have spent millions to be better than those two teams on players like Owen, Emre and Parker that is what will make us finish above them.

Its becoming quite clear that the reason Bellamy and Robert issues keep on goign is because of the people who slate them and can't resist digs start these things. Other people respond, but the "haters" start it and should give it a rest.

Also Gemmill you don't want to turn this into the smb where somebody makes a stupid comment, gets replies pointing that out, then goes "Chomp" or mentions bites, fishing or boats, even though you were doing it deliberately!

40323[/snapback]

Chomp.

40323[/snapback]

LOL... saddo :-)

40323[/snapback]

LOL... saddo :-)

40330[/snapback]

Untill i've sat and wasted an entire NUFC match counting a players poasses out of hatred of that player i'll not fee i'm truly a saddo...you have so much to teach us on being one. And i'll assume i was right and you did post about Robert :D

And then in the campaign where one was in and out of the side, and the other was out of the side in January, we slipped back to bottom-half mediocrity.

40067[/snapback]

precisely. But some just won't put facts and results before personal prejudices

40062[/snapback]

40064[/snapback]

no coincidence at all

40066[/snapback]

40090[/snapback]

we were 14th

40091[/snapback]

So neither of them played, no??

And both of them had influences on results of Premiership matches involving teams other than Newcastle??

As I said, lets see where we end up without them....

40093[/snapback]

still no takers on the bet for a champions league place under Souness this season ....

that is your point isn't it ?? Matching what Robert [and Bellamy] propelled Newcastle to .....

Don't let a position outside the top 5 warp your [lower] expectations though

Edited by LeazesMag