Wednesday's gossip column

Scottish Mag

TRANSFER RUMOURS

Valencia striker David Villa is poised to reject a move to Chelsea in favour of Arsenal. (The Sun)

West Ham face a battle with Plymouth and Manchester City for 20-year-old Barnet midfielder Albert Adomah. (Daily Mirror)

Welsh winger David Cotterill is likely to join Sheffield United after being told he can leave Wigan. (The Sun)

Newcastle defensive target Carlos Cuellar has insisted that he wants to stay at Rangers to "win trophies" but the Magpies are also looking at Derby midfielder Giles Barnes and Cardiff midfielder Aaron Ramsey, 17. (Daily Mirror)

Everton manager David Moyes hopes his American connections will give him the edge in the race to sign United States midfielder Michael Bradley, who plays for Dutch club Heerenveen. (Daily Mirror)

Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich is set to give Avram Grant a £100m summer transfer kitty, despite the Blues manager coming under fire from fans following Monday's draw with Wigan. (Daily Mirror)

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has vowed to spend in the summer, saying he is unafraid to pay big money for players he thinks are worth it. (Daily Star)

Derby look set to dump striker Robert Earnshaw and that could see him return to Cardiff. (The Sun)

Crystal Palace will bid £1m for Leeds striker Jermain Beckford in the new transfer window. (Various)

Wigan, Sunderland and Bolton are locked in a battle to sign Coventry youngsters Dan Fox and Scott Dann. (Daily Star)

Arsenal and Chelsea fear they could miss out on Villarreal defender Martin Caceres after Real Madrid opened talks with him. (Daily Mail) The Gunners are also on the trail of Guimaraes' Algeria striker Kamel Ghilas. (Daily Mail)

OTHER GOSSIP

Chelsea's former Bolton defender Tal Ben-Haim, who has been pushed into the reserves at Stamford Bridge, has revealed he would not have joined the club if he had known manager Jose Mourinho was going to be replaced with Avram Grant. (The Sun)

England's players face being axed from the World Cup qualifiers if they try to duck out of the summer friendlies against the United States and Trinidad, with boss Fabio Capello saying: "If a player doesn't love to play for England then perhaps he should stay at home." (Various)

Wigan manager Steve Bruce will receive a £2m bonus if his side are not relegated from the Premier League. (Daily Mirror)

Former Tottenham boss Martin Jol is tipped to return to management with AZ Alkmaar because the Dutch side are set to lose current boss Louis van Gaal to Galatasaray at the end of this season. (Various)

AND FINALLY

David Beckham and Tom Cruise are considering teaming up to buy a football club - but they have not deciced whether the club would be in the UK or the USA. (Daily Express)

Everton manager David Moyes hopes his American connections will give him the edge in the race to sign United States midfielder Michael Bradley, who plays for Dutch club Heerenveen. (Daily Mirror)

Don't see why. This guy is horrible!

Chelsea's former Bolton defender Tal Ben-Haim, who has been pushed into the reserves at Stamford Bridge, has revealed he would not have joined the club if he had known manager Jose Mourinho was going to be replaced with Avram Grant. (The Sun)

Serves him and Sidwell right for making the stupid decision to go there in the first place.

Serves him and Sidwell right for making the stupid decision to go there in the first place.

He must have known the bench was where he was going to mostly be, I guess the reserves is a step too far even for a pay day.

Is anyone else hoping we buy a few players who are good NOW . . . . rather than ones that might be good in a few years?

I'm hoping for both ;)

One of Modric, Arshavin or Diego would be good for a start. I dont think I can handle Geremi being our main creative force for much longer!

Diego will go to Chelsea I hear.

Arse shaving looks alright.

Why don't people just forget about Diego once and for all. He is as likely as a swarm of flying pigs.

Arshavin looked pretty good in the first leg against Leverkusen tbh. It will be interesting how he copes against Bayern in the semis.

One of Modric, Arshavin or Diego would be good for a start. I dont think I can handle Geremi being our main creative force for much longer!

Been playing FM much mate ;)

seems tobe the standard reply when diego or modrik are mentioned ........ strange the man city lot seem to think they have a chance .

Modric = FM legend.

Heard he's off to Barca though. I hope we're still in for Arshavin.

someone said to me he's viduka's half cousin !! , dunno if its full of shit or not , but if its true id be handing viduka me mobile to call him !