Benitez souding bitter, beaten and broken.

Park Life

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly the same as Wenger last week after insuating there was a FA conspiracy to make sure they didn't win the league, "we are not stupeed" he commented. There's such a thing as losing with dignity, none of the top clubs have done it for years.

To be a 'top manager' these days you have to be a childish, ungracious bellend. Unfortunately that doesn't bode well for Keegan

I've just been speaking to my Chewwsea mate from work, he's no ABJ neither, he was there on The Shed in the 80's early 90's, and he reckons Wenger no trophies in three years, and Benitez none in two, should be sacked if they consider themselves as top clubs. If that was a Chelsea manager, he'd be well gone, and he's right, Wenger is beyond sacking though.

Best bit of it all was the Kop were starting up their pathetic YNWA, just as the ball hit the net.

Jooooooooooooooooon Arne Riise, OOH AHH, I wanna knoooooooo ooooooooow how you scored that goal.

art.riise.ap.jpg

And? I think in many ways Arsenal are a model of how a club should be run. On the other hand, Chelsea are a symbol of everything wrong with the modern game.

Exactly the same as Wenger last week after insuating there was a FA conspiracy to make sure they didn't win the league, "we are not stupeed" he commented. There's such a thing as losing with dignity, none of the top clubs have done it for years.

To be a 'top manager' these days you have to be a childish, ungracious bellend. Unfortunately that doesn't bode well for Keegan

I've just been speaking to my Chewwsea mate from work, he's no ABJ neither, he was there on The Shed in the 80's early 90's, and he reckons Wenger no trophies in three years, and Benitez none in two, should be sacked if they consider themselves as top clubs. If that was a Chelsea manager, he'd be well gone, and he's right, Wenger is beyond sacking though.

Best bit of it all was the Kop were starting up their pathetic YNWA, just as the ball hit the net.

Jooooooooooooooooon Arne Riise, OOH AHH, I wanna knoooooooo ooooooooow how you scored that goal.

art.riise.ap.jpg

And? I think in many ways Arsenal are a model of how a club should be run. On the other hand, Chelsea are a symbol of everything wrong with the modern game.

Good point and I agree.

Tbh I was wondering about the need for four minutes injury time as well.

That's the same in most games now though. Injury time seems to have little to do with anything on the pitch.

That's the same in most games now though. Injury time seems to have little to do with anything on the pitch.

Always seem to add a minute on the first half and then stick the rest on at the end of the second half.

Always seem to add a minute on the first half and then stick the rest on at the end of the second half.

I dunno I've seen the odd match with basically no added time needed and it was still stuck on. God knows what their formula actually is for it, apart from the +2 mins if Man U aren't winning bit. :blink:

Well normally there are at least things like goals, substitutions, where the referees are adviced to add time, or prolonged breaks for player treatment that can be taken into consideration. But regardless of what Wykiki says I can't really think of anything in the second half that actually warranted added time.

As for Benitez whinging, it isn't just the managers from top clubs who do it, but nearly every manager (Robson for us as well) does moan about the referee if things are not going to plan. So I don't see how you can see it as him losing the plot.

I dunno I've seen the odd match with basically no added time needed and it was still stuck on. God knows what their formula actually is for it, apart from the +2 mins if Man U aren't winning bit. :blink:

Aye, I didn't mean that it's always approximately correct. I never seem to know where they get the added minutes from. It's just that you very rarely get more than a minute for the first half even if you get a couple of goals and substitution for an injured player.

Every decision went against us, moans baffled Benítez

Andy Hunter and Louise Taylor at Anfield

The Guardian, Wednesday April 23 2008 Article history

Rafael Benítez accused the referee Konrad Plautz of bias and poor timekeeping last night after John Arne Riise's stoppage-time own-goal cost Liverpool a precious lead in their Champions League semi-final first leg with Chelsea. The Liverpool manager criticised the award of four minutes' injury-time and a display from Plautz that, he claimed, had favoured Chelsea throughout.

he disgruntled Spaniard said: "It's difficult to understand. There were 94 or 95 minutes and every decision went against us. All the corners, free-kicks and fouls. But, in the end, it was an own-goal. It's not the first time. We knew before the game it was going to be difficult [with this referee]. Against Marseille it was more or less the same. You can't blame the referee for the own-goal at the end but the time? One minute in the first half, four in the second. It's difficult to explain."

Benítez also had cause to bemoan the referee for a push by Ashley Cole on the goalscorer Dirk Kuyt inside the Chelsea penalty area, an offence that went unpunished by Plautz. "The first four fouls against us were for pushing," he added. "I saw one of their players pushing with two hands in the penalty area and nothing given. I've seen too many things tonight but I don't want to say too much."

Words fail me tbh. :D

Really stupid post. Rafa is correct. It might sound bitter but he`s correct. Why were there 5 minutes of added time I`ll never know (brown envelope anyone!)...............but I suppose it was better than last time when they had 6!

We`ll take this at the bridge.

Well normally there are at least things like goals, substitutions, where the referees are adviced to add time, or prolonged breaks for player treatment that can be taken into consideration. But regardless of what Wykiki says I can't really think of anything in the second half that actually warranted added time.

As for Benitez whinging, it isn't just the managers from top clubs who do it, but nearly every manager (Robson for us as well) does moan about the referee if things are not going to plan. So I don't see how you can see it as him losing the plot.

There`s a lot of pressure with that job and of course there`s going to be moaning from all managers. The original poster of this thread is simply jealous of Liverpool.

Guest Stevie

Rafael Benítez accused the referee Konrad Plautz of bias and poor timekeeping last night after John Arne Riise's stoppage-time own-goal cost Liverpool a precious lead in their Champions League semi-final first leg with Chelsea. The Liverpool manager criticised the award of four minutes' injury-time and a display from Plautz that, he claimed, had favoured Chelsea throughout.

he disgruntled Spaniard said: "It's difficult to understand. There were 94 or 95 minutes and every decision went against us. All the corners, free-kicks and fouls. But, in the end, it was an own-goal. It's not the first time. We knew before the game it was going to be difficult [with this referee]. Against Marseille it was more or less the same. You can't blame the referee for the own-goal at the end but the time? One minute in the first half, four in the second. It's difficult to explain."

Benítez also had cause to bemoan the referee for a push by Ashley Cole on the goalscorer Dirk Kuyt inside the Chelsea penalty area, an offence that went unpunished by Plautz. "The first four fouls against us were for pushing," he added. "I saw one of their players pushing with two hands in the penalty area and nothing given. I've seen too many things tonight but I don't want to say too much."

Really stupid post. Rafa is correct. It might sound bitter but he`s correct. Why were there 5 minutes of added time I`ll never know (brown envelope anyone!)...............but I suppose it was better than last time when they had 6!

I will run around Newcastle naked shouting "ey la Liverpool are well boss", whilst wearing a sweat stained adidas Candy Liverpool top, if you get to the final. I know you're easily the luckiest club in the world, I just think given their record at SB even luck won't help you this time.

I will run around Newcastle naked shouting "ey la Liverpool are well boss", whilst wearing a sweat stained adidas Candy Liverpool top, if you get to the final. I know you're easily the luckiest club in the world, I just think given their record at SB even luck won't help you this time.

:blush:

I think he just hates Benitez. He's been going on about him for months. Don't think you lot are out of it yet by any means btw. I quite fancy 1-1, ET and possibly penalties at Stamford Bridge.

That run has to end some time though. Their home record is incredible like.

Guest Stevie

Words fail me tbh. :blush:

:rolleyes:

haha naked from the waist down then :D

Does that make you "the unluckiest club in the world" then.......................................I know which I`d rather be!

We still have a good chance and probably will prevail as usual.

Guest Stevie

Does that make you "the unluckiest club in the world" then.......................................I know which I`d rather be!

You haven't beaten Chelsea there since a very lucky Bruno Cheyrou goal, I think that's the last time you even scored there?

You haven't beaten Chelsea there since a very lucky Bruno Cheyrou goal, I think that's the last time you even scored there?

Then there`s an issue that needs addressing.

Guest Stevie

I might actually be going as my company have a box at SB, fingers crossed. I'll be supporting the club with the fans who consider themselves English. Well to be fair half the other clubs support is Norwegian or Irish.

I might actually be going as my company have a box at SB, fingers crossed. I'll be supporting the club with the fans who consider themselves English. Well to be fair half the other clubs support is Norwegian or Irish.

How you could really support another club is strange. I will be supporting England`s most successful club and a TRUE European giant with worldwide support.....................so we`re on different sides.

Guest BigThompers

How you could really support another club is strange. I will be supporting England`s most successful club and a TRUE European giant with worldwide support.....................so we`re on different sides.

So you'll be in Manchester then?

Guest Stevie

I only support one club, and one national team, however I also will to win anyone playing arsehole clubs like you Spurs or the mackems, there's a difference.

As for worldwide support, your support is fuckin shit, 33,000 in the league under Houllier where were your Norwegians then, and your Pakistani's? Not at fuckin Anfield that's for certain.

Edited by Stevie