Skunkers

Guest Stevie

I've never really been on, Toontastic seems to do me, ive probably been posting on here since 2003/4.

I signed up to N-O but it was fucking wank so i never bothered much.

Member: T-Keith

:blush:

:D

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never really been on, Toontastic seems to do me, ive probably been posting on here since 2003/4.

:rolleyes:

I was at a piss up in 2004 like :blush:

That would be Phil's Toontastic then... (what became N-O)

This one has only been around for 2½ years.

:nufc:

Same name, some of the same people :rolleyes:

I see this place as the same place as the original really (in a good way). It's a lot more reliable though re the techy side of things.

The N-O merger was just fucking awful tbh.

Guest Stevie

I see this place as the same place as the original really (in a good way). It's a lot more reliable though re the techy side of things.

What happened with that like?

You mean you didn't like the old:

phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database

I was at a piss up in 2004 like :rolleyes:

HTT went dimented. His ultimately aim was to develop it to use it to sell advertising space. In order to do this he felt he had to make sure that it was a completely sterilised experience, which resulted in him putting a mod regime in place that censored and banned for fun. It was just fucking awful.

A further negative was that we seemed to acquire Jonny 2J when we jumped ship :blush:

:blush:

You mean you didn't like the old:

phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database

My blood just ran cold. :angry:

I see this as the old Toontastic like. I used to post with Phil over on Soccer24-7 before Phil made TT. I then came over here with him when he made it. They we had the dark days of the merger. I posted on NO for a while but very soon got sick of it and I just stopped posting on football forums in general, though did peak back over on 24-7 for a while. I've never got away with Skunkers like or a few of the others. Then when my loafing needs were at their highest, I found my way back here again. I dont have owt against anyone at NO, I just didnt like what it become. Much preferred the laid back TT as we have here and all its Randomness :D

Guest Stevie

HTT went dimented. His ultimately aim was to develop it to use it to sell advertising space. In order to do this he felt he had to make sure that it was a completely sterilised experience, which resulted in him putting a mod regime in place that censored and banned for fun. It was just fucking awful.

A further negative was that we seemed to acquire Jonny 2J when we jumped ship :blush:

That explains a lot, especially when the mod priveledges are given to teenagers who have had no responsibility in their lives, and are unlikely to for the forseeable future.

I see this as the old Toontastic like. I used to post with Phil over on Soccer24-7 before Phil made TT. I then came over here with him when he made it. They we had the dark days of the merger. I posted on NO for a while but very soon got sick of it and I just stopped posting on football forums in general, though did peak back over on 24-7 for a while. I've never got away with Skunkers like or a few of the others. Then when my loafing needs were at their highest, I found my way back here again. I dont have owt against anyone at NO, I just didnt like what it become. Much preferred the laid back TT as we have here and all its Randomness :blush:

Good call that man!

When were you both on 24/7 then? Think I've been posting since 2001/2 season but it was definitely TT by that stage. Think I've heard SLP mention pre TT, 24/7 days an all. You old bastard! :D

Not sure. Ive just checked back over on 24-7 and I joined that site in Feb 02. But, that was the new site. So, sometime before that! When I was looking, I last posted regularly on 24-7 in 2004. In my PMs Ive got one I sent Phil on 24-7 asking about TT and that was dated Aug 03.

Ach I've got no idea man.

Stevie, don't take it to heart lad, just ignore the abuse which isn't "real" in any case, just some peoples idea of initiating new members by trying to get a rise out of them.

as regards kids on their, there aren't many to be truthful.

And i'm assuming Legend of the Pie is the mackem you think is the best kid on their? Beware, he's just lulling you into a false sense of security, he's as bitter as Theakstons Best man!

I don't take the internet seriously ujpest, and can give as good as I get.

They all seem to hate Leazes Mag.

Just a couple of people who he's had spats with i think.

A few on the other hand have actually met him and think he's sound.

I think his support for FFS is a bit misguided, but can see where he's coming from in that he was better than some we'd had in the past.

to be honest Ujpest.........all the lads I've met from skunkers are good lads, who the fuck takes all that stuff on there seriously anyway ?

Divvent take any of it seriously but its not my cup of tea, its got its place but only when I feel like it. Stevie is finding that out now it would appear, I thought you were possibly going to join the Fairs Club ?

Edited by LeazesMag

You don't take it seriously and it doesn't bother you, but the first thing you've done is come on here and tell everyone how it's full of 'wanks' ? To be honest when I saw you posting on there last night, I was just waiting for you to come on here and give it the 'it's full of South Tyneside cunts' rant or something to that effect. :D

Stevie, I can guarantee you, it's not full of kids. Most of them are sound in real life, just behave daft on the board as a release, there's nowt wrong with that. A lot of them are probably around your age too. The abuse you got is just as Upjest put it aswell. I wouldn't get wound up about it as it really isn't worth it. If you don't like it, don't go back, but I'm telling you, with football knowledge like yours you'd be more than welcome, and you would have been regardless, as is anyone. Beleive it or not Newcastle United does get a bit of airtime on there!

You don't take it seriously and it doesn't bother you, but the first thing you've done is come on here and tell everyone how it's full of 'wanks' ? To be honest when I saw you posting on there last night, I was just waiting for you to come on here and give it the 'it's full of South Tyneside cunts' rant or something to that effect. :D

Stevie, I can guarantee you, it's not full of kids. Most of them are sound in real life, just behave daft on the board as a release, there's nowt wrong with that. A lot of them are probably around your age too. The abuse you got is just as Upjest put it aswell. I wouldn't get wound up about it as it really isn't worth it. If you don't like it, don't go back, but I'm telling you, with football knowledge like yours you'd be more than welcome, and you would have been regardless, as is anyone. Beleive it or not Newcastle United does get a bit of airtime on there!

that is all true, not enough football for me personally, but there you go.

Stevie also used to post on tott with some of the others who will remember him if he tells them who he was

Edited by LeazesMag

Stevie, don't take it to heart lad, just ignore the abuse which isn't "real" in any case, just some peoples idea of initiating new members by trying to get a rise out of them.

And i'm assuming Legend of the Pie is the mackem you think is the best kid on their? Beware, he's just lulling you into a false sense of security, he's as bitter as Theakstons Best man!

I think his support for FFS is a bit misguided, but can see where he's coming from in that he was better than some we'd had in the past.

to be honest Ujpest.........all the lads I've met from skunkers are good lads, who the fuck takes all that stuff on there seriously anyway ?

Divvent take any of it seriously but its not my cup of tea, its got its place but only when I feel like it. Stevie is finding that out now it would appear, I thought you were possibly going to join the Fairs Club ?

Winchester asked me to join the Fairs Club but to be honest i don't really have the time or money.

I've 2 Young Uns aged 5 and 1 and these days, apart from home games, they take up all of my spare time.

Winchester asked me to join the Fairs Club but to be honest i don't really have the time or money.

I've 2 Young Uns aged 5 and 1 and these days, apart from home games, they take up all of my spare time.

aye, he told me he'd asked you. Maybe sometime else then

Guest Stevie

It appears that the initiation to that board is to abuse newbies then? I was mild mannered as well.

It appears that the initiation to that board is to abuse newbies then? I was mild mannered as well.

doesn't matter if you're new or not Stevie :blush:

As said, I've had one or two disagreements abuot the old board, but I've had that on here as well

I used to disagree with people about Gordon Lee back in the 70's, but I don't give a fuck about that either

Edited by LeazesMag

100% the wrong thing to do :blush:

100% the wrong thing to do :blush:

aye, I remember a hibs or hearts supporter coming on about a year ago saying how he wished everyone all the best etc etc, after he got over the shock of the response and seemed ready to jump on the next train to Newcastle he quite enjoyed it I reckon