Holidays

Magma

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest alex
nothing again this year unless something drastic happens to my finances.

trying to have a wee road trip round England first fortnight of July, but that's about it.

I thought you were off to Thailand or somewhere like that. Says owt but his prayers this kid.

As I have a month before I go and very little to do at the moment, I'm thinking of trying to learn a bit of Italian. Can anyone recommend any books/websites/whatever for learning languages?

Not sure where you'd get hold of one chief, but the little book and cd that the Independent gave away a while back might be worth having a look for.

I found the Spanish they did one useful for what you're after.

trying to have a wee road trip round England first fortnight of July, but that's about it.

I thought you were off to Thailand or somewhere like that. Says owt but his prayers this kid.

? :) Not me boss. I want to go to Thailand but won't be going for a while, zero dinero. Plus my Passport has lapsed due to poor memory on my part and now I've got moreimportant things to spend the money on.

Guest alex

? :) Not me boss. I want to go to Thailand but won't be going for a while, zero dinero. Plus my Passport has lapsed due to poor memory on my part and now I've got moreimportant things to spend the money on.

I'm just repeating what you said in The Trent squire :)

Doing Belgrade this month, 21st-27th, but no proper holidays planned as such because the better half's about to graduate and needs to find himself a job before we can plan anything. Would like to get over to somewhere like Lanzarote for a dose of sunshine later in the year though.

My brother is off to Belgrade next week for a month of work experience. He doesn't seem interested in the Eurovision though.

Anyway, he's off to Montenegro for a bit then hopping on a ferry over to Italy, where I'm gonna meet him, then we'll travel up to France, meet my parents at my uncle's campsite near Nice, and then on up through France.

In Italy we're doing Naples, Rome, Tuscany (maybe inc Florence) and perhaps Genoa. If anyone has any experiences/suggestions I'm all ears, especially about Tuscany.

Pisa is definitely worth a day trip.

Two or three hours at most.

All booked for Las Vegas and a tour of California late September. Was going to do this last year but had to go to G.Canaria instead due to two offspring (sure we got given at least one wrong kid at the hospital) at university :)

Guest alex
Doing Belgrade this month, 21st-27th, but no proper holidays planned as such because the better half's about to graduate and needs to find himself a job before we can plan anything. Would like to get over to somewhere like Lanzarote for a dose of sunshine later in the year though.

My brother is off to Belgrade next week for a month of work experience. He doesn't seem interested in the Eurovision though.

Anyway, he's off to Montenegro for a bit then hopping on a ferry over to Italy, where I'm gonna meet him, then we'll travel up to France, meet my parents at my uncle's campsite near Nice, and then on up through France.

In Italy we're doing Naples, Rome, Tuscany (maybe inc Florence) and perhaps Genoa. If anyone has any experiences/suggestions I'm all ears, especially about Tuscany.

I would class that as a day trip.

I would class that as a day trip.

:)

I was just warning anyone reading your day trip comment that there's not a day's worth of 'activities' in Pisa.

Our holiday to Italy was deffo one of our best holidays - for anyone thinking about going.

As I have a month before I go and very little to do at the moment, I'm thinking of trying to learn a bit of Italian. Can anyone recommend any books/websites/whatever for learning languages?

No idea how well it works, or even how it works, but have read some good reviews:

http://www.earwormslearning.com/intro.html

La mia valiga. :icon_lol: