Holidays

Magma

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Italy next month, Greece the month after then France in September. Might squeeze a city break or a long weekend in Scotland or somewhere into August if possible.

This is out of control!!1 :icon_lol:

I know, being paid to post on an internet forum all day :D

Guest alex
Rhodes for 2 weeks in September, anyone been? Any tips on where to visit?

Rhodes Town, Lindos and the west coast the latter is very windy and consequnetly unspoilt).

Was hoping for a lads holiday in July, but not happening now as my mates either can't afford it or are going away with their girlfriends. So probably nothing :icon_lol:

Rhodes Town, Lindos and the west coast the latter is very windy and consequnetly unspoilt).

Cracking place like. The old town has some canny little restaurants and bars (and markets if you're with a lass). Lindos is worth a treck up (by boat usually from the old town) and if you walk up to the top where the acroplois is, there is a cracking shop that sells ice cream pancakes :icon_lol: lush. Especially with the heat you get up lindos. Its gets that hot they often stop the donkeys taking people up (lazy feckers).

Canny for doing a bit of scuba as well.

Cracking place like. The old town has some canny little restaurants and bars (and markets if you're with a lass). Lindos is worth a treck up (by boat usually from the old town) and if you walk up to the top where the acroplois is, there is a cracking shop that sells ice cream pancakes :icon_lol: lush. Especially with the heat you get up lindos. Its gets that hot they often stop the donkeys taking people up (lazy feckers).

Canny for doing a bit of scuba as well.

Cheers, I'll be diving like but not in the sea! :D

Doing Belgrade this month, 21st-27th, but no proper holidays planned as such because the better half's about to graduate and needs to find himself a job before we can plan anything. Would like to get over to somewhere like Lanzarote for a dose of sunshine later in the year though.

My brother is off to Belgrade next week for a month of work experience. He doesn't seem interested in the Eurovision though.

Anyway, he's off to Montenegro for a bit then hopping on a ferry over to Italy, where I'm gonna meet him, then we'll travel up to France, meet my parents at my uncle's campsite near Nice, and then on up through France.

In Italy we're doing Naples, Rome, Tuscany (maybe inc Florence) and perhaps Genoa. If anyone has any experiences/suggestions I'm all ears, especially about Tuscany.

Guest alex
Doing Belgrade this month, 21st-27th, but no proper holidays planned as such because the better half's about to graduate and needs to find himself a job before we can plan anything. Would like to get over to somewhere like Lanzarote for a dose of sunshine later in the year though.

My brother is off to Belgrade next week for a month of work experience. He doesn't seem interested in the Eurovision though.

Anyway, he's off to Montenegro for a bit then hopping on a ferry over to Italy, where I'm gonna meet him, then we'll travel up to France, meet my parents at my uncle's campsite near Nice, and then on up through France.

In Italy we're doing Naples, Rome, Tuscany (maybe inc Florence) and perhaps Genoa. If anyone has any experiences/suggestions I'm all ears, especially about Tuscany.

Pisa is definitely worth a day trip.

Siena as well.

I will do two weeks of sailing (channel islands) in early August.

When we played Lucchese in Anglo-Italian in 93 me an my mate went on the club trip. It was a really good trip - first experience of football abroad with all that entails. Lucchese play in Luca which is in Tuscany and we flew into Pisa. Unforunately we didn't get a chance to visit the place apart from on the way back to the airport where we did a diversion so we could pass by the tower - it was in the dark and only a momentary glimpse but it looked damned interesting :icon_lol:

Guest alex

The downside is it's (inevitably) rammed with tourists but The Field of Miracles where the Leaning Tower and the cathedral are is well worth seeing. It's a nice place in general though.

Off to Greece for 17 days from the 27th of July flying to Thessaloniki picking up car at the airport, driving to Keramoti ferry across to Thassos 10 days on Thassos then driving to Hakidiki on the Sithonia peninsular spending 7 days there can't wait!

f--king Love Greece

West coast of Scotland for me I think or maybe Lanzarote, haven't decided yet.

Much of a muchness I'd say.

I'll rephrase that. Scotland all the way for me as I'm not a big fan of the heat, anywhere abroad for wor lass.

So abroad it is :icon_lol:

Guest alex

Been looking at flying to Aberdeen in August for a long weekend as I've been to the West Coast / Western Isles a canny few times so I fancied seeing Speyside. You can fly for nowt + taxes/airport charges then and I can use my Flybe points as I've got loads of them to use up . Obviously we'd have to hire a car but it would make it a lot easier to get there. The main problem with the West Coast / Highlands being the big fuck off drive up there.

Been looking at flying to Aberdeen in August for a long weekend as I've been to the West Coast / Western Isles a canny few times so I fancied seeing Speyside. You can fly for nowt + taxes/airport charges then and I can use my Flybe points as I've got loads of them to use up . Obviously we'd have to hire a car but it would make it a lot easier to get there. The main problem with the West Coast / Highlands being the big fuck off drive up there.

We went to the north west coast last year, 7 hours drive. Set off about 4:30 am, stopped about ten for some bait and got there about dinner time. Once your over the fourth road bridge it's not that bad as the scenery starts getting nice. Beaches were fantastic up there and thats coming from someone who hates sand.

Guest alex

We went to the north west coast last year, 7 hours drive. Set off about 4:30 am, stopped about ten for some bait and got there about dinner time. Once your over the fourth road bridge it's not that bad as the scenery starts getting nice. Beaches were fantastic up there and thats coming from someone who hates sand.

:icon_lol: You've obviously never met wor lass.

:icon_lol: You've obviously never met wor lass.

Mine'd need to be up for that time just to set off for midday the time she takes getting ready. Un-fucking-believable.

nothing again this year unless something drastic happens to my finances.

trying to have a wee road trip round England first fortnight of July, but that's about it.

Was in Prague last week on a Stag Do. The Mrs has family in Shropshire that own an old farm in the middle of nowhere that we're going to stay in for a week in the summer. Lush place like, plus nowt to pay. Then in November we're off to New York. Really looking forward to that like.