Season Ticket news

smoggeordie

Im surprised no-one is kicking up more of a fuss. £50 more after a shite season like that? And a week to think about it?

Due to the fact I have no money, missed half of last seasons games due to shifts, and could have seen the other half on al jazeera tv in my local im not renewing.

agree with u there like. and it will be a disgrace if we dont spend a decent amount of money bringing new players in

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Asian channels that show all the 'EPL' games on a saturday. Some of the more undesirable pubs around me always have the toon games on

are they the ones on sky

No

Sat down to fill my form in tonight and realised what a good deal they've done. I sit in L7 Milburn towards the Leazes and the discounted 3 year price is £494 which is down from £611 I paid last year (after early bird price or whatever it was) so I'm doing the 1 year single /2 year DD thing.

I phoned my mate to check that they hadn't fucked up and he confirmed its correct - we reckon they must have assessed the L7 wings and realised we've been charged too much in the past so have adjusted it (as well as using the gallowgate section for families).

I've gone for the 3 year one lump sum thingy. Not sure I trust Ashley like but it's a big saving. As long as we stay up :lol:

Sat down to fill my form in tonight and realised what a good deal they've done. I sit in L7 Milburn towards the Leazes and the discounted 3 year price is £494 which is down from £611 I paid last year (after early bird price or whatever it was) so I'm doing the 1 year single /2 year DD thing.

I phoned my mate to check that they hadn't fucked up and he confirmed its correct - we reckon they must have assessed the L7 wings and realised we've been charged too much in the past so have adjusted it (as well as using the gallowgate section for families).

Aye, me as well although i'm nearer the centre circle than the "D" at the Leazes End.

I'd already paid for next season through the free cup tie thing and had been charged £630 and apparently there are refund cheques coming in July.

My letter didn't say that, but the girl in the ticket office i spoke to has sent me the letter i should have got telling me that.

I've signed up for the next 2 seasons on the pay monthly thing at £494.00.

I went to the Box Office on Saturday after they refused to send mine to my new address despite me only giving them 4 weeks notice and even the letters going went out late. It was all kicking off like, massive queue and people kicking off about being moved. Plus, they apparently sent something out to those being moved telling them they could arrange to see their new seat..from the 24th June..2 days after the renewal date. Are we sure Fat Fred has left?

I went to the Box Office on Saturday after they refused to send mine to my new address despite me only giving them 4 weeks notice and even the letters going went out late. It was all kicking off like, massive queue and people kicking off about being moved. Plus, they apparently sent something out to those being moved telling them they could arrange to see their new seat..from the 24th June..2 days after the renewal date. Are we sure Fat Fred has left?

I went in to kick off about this myself today. I was assured:

1. You only need your forms back for the 22nd if you're happy to renew in the section stated on your form.

2. If you want to renew but change seats, you MUST make an appointment to view your proposed seat and alternatives if you still aren't happy.

3. Though the forms say that renewing before the deadline guarantees last years price, this also applies if you hand in your renewal at the appointment you go to on or after the 24th.

Double checked this, and it's only if you're moving AND paying for 3 years, just to avoid confusion.

Edited by Happy Face

Well, Ive still not got my application. Spoke to them on Friday and they said it would be going out Saturday. they have my new address and that was confirmed. going to wait in tomorrow to see if it comes, if not it looks like Im in for a trip down to the ground. Useless fuckers.

This may sound daft, but I'm going to pay the 3 year prize free plan off the bounce in a single payment, but it's saying if I wish to sign up for it I still need to fill out the direct debit mandate. Any idea why?

This may sound daft, but I'm going to pay the 3 year prize free plan off the bounce in a single payment, but it's saying if I wish to sign up for it I still need to fill out the direct debit mandate. Any idea why?

Do they want to Direct Debit the one-off payment? It's one way of making sure it won't bounce like cheques or credit card payments- even if it means going £1800 overdrawn- the club will get the cash.

I can't get through on the phone, if you've paid for the 08/09 season already and you want to pay for the two seasons after that in a 'bulk' payment, what does it come to? There's some sort of discount isn't there? It's just that they've given me a blank form as they fucked my address up, so it's got no prices on it.

What a monumental balls-up.

They're also still direct debiting my account for the 08/09 upfront payment, but I'm not even going to attempt to call for a couple more weeks, by which time they'll have wrongly removed another £57 of my money.

What a monumental balls-up.

They're also still direct debiting my account for the 08/09 upfront payment, but I'm not even going to attempt to call for a couple more weeks, by which time they'll have wrongly removed another £57 of my money.

They sent me a letter with a payment plan saying all payments would come out on the 24th of the month. Never happened once, it was like they were randomly taking payments from my account.

Yet again no form in the post. Spoke to them and they say I need to go pick up the application. Fair point from them if they are sending them and they aint getting to me, I just find it hard to believe when I get the rest of my post.

• 2 weeks later...

Just been up to choose our new seats.

The "singing section" is still pretty much completely empty. Outside of the front five rows we were offered any seat we wanted in the corner.

Bloke that showed us our seats said virtually everyone who's been up has complained about it.

Either everyone moved has picked somewhere other than the corner, or they haven't renewed at all.

Whatever the case, tomorrow being the last day to choose seats suggests the singing corner has been a damp squib amongst existing season ticket holders.

Edited by Happy Face

The "singing section" is still pretty much completely empty. Outside of the front five rows we were offered any seat we wanted in the corner.

Bloke that showed us our seats said virtually everyone who's been up has complained about it.

Either everyone moved has picked somewhere other than the corner, or they haven't renewed at all.

Whatever the case, tomorrow being the last day to choose seats suggests the singing corner has been a damp squib amongst existing season ticket holders.

Are you moving seats voluntarily? I put on my application form I'd like to be considered to move and nobody's contacted me as of yet :icon_lol:

Are you moving seats voluntarily? I put on my application form I'd like to be considered to move and nobody's contacted me as of yet :icon_lol:

I was in Leazes level 7 so being forced to move.

Wouldn't have chosen the corner but there's 7 of us so it's difficult to be seated together anywhere else.

Hopefully we'll go down next year and we'll all be to sit together with a better view.

Guest Stevie
I reckon theres a fair chunk of non renewals this year. Could be seeing regular crowds of sub 50,000

I hear the same shite from the same wanks every year.

Well I have 3 mates with season tickets and 2 arent renewing. Another poster just said that the entire singing section is empty, the week after renewals.

Not rocket science. Theyre giving away free tickets at the club shop now too for the pre season freindlies